•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 3A Preseason Rankings
I'd probably put Bell County at 4 to start the season. They will likely be much improved and surprise some people.
pjdoug Wrote:I'd probably put Bell County at 4 to start the season. They will likely be much improved and surprise some people.

I agree, I had them at 5. But 4 or 5 could go either way. No doubt about it though, Bell is going to make some noise this year.
1. CAL
2. DeSales
3. Belfry
4. Bell County
5. Ashland
6. Tilghman
7. Etown
8. Glasgow
9. Taylor County
10. Russell

Greenup County, Mercer County, & Larue County all could be put at #10 and I wouldn't take exception.

Belfry's skill talent is #1 worthy, but too many questions up front, specifically on Defense to give them the nod over the two Louisville teams.

I grimace putting Tilghman that high because they always seem to disappoint, but I legitimately do like their program trajectory right now and hey have plenty of talent.

Taylor County is a sneaky team. 4A Semi-Finalists only losing to eventual State Champ. This is the team Dudley was building up from Middle School before returning to Bell.

Etown probably shouldn't be so high from the standpoint of who they lost and return, but Coach Brown has proved he will have them at a high level every year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. CAL
2. DeSales
3. Belfry
4. Bell County
5. Ashland
6. Tilghman
7. Etown
8. Glasgow
9. Taylor County
10. Russell

Greenup County, Mercer County, & Larue County all could be put at #10 and I wouldn't take exception.

Belfry's skill talent is #1 worthy, but too many questions up front, specifically on Defense to give them the nod over the two Louisville teams.

I grimace putting Tilghman that high because they always seem to disappoint, but I legitimately do like their program trajectory right now and hey have plenty of talent.

Taylor County is a sneaky team. 4A Semi-Finalists only losing to eventual State Champ. This is the team Dudley was building up from Middle School before returning to Bell.

Etown probably shouldn't be so high from the standpoint of who they lost and return, but Coach Brown has proved he will have them at a high level every year.

No way Belfry isn't in the Top 2 this year. I could see them being below CAL, maybe, but not DeSales. With the 2020 class we have that's now experienced seniors, I like Belfry's chances this year better than the last two years. Our O-Line will be just fine. We have some really good young players to fill holes and our D-Line is going to surprise alot of people this year. It's your opinion though and I respect it but I gotta disagree with you on this one.
I did hear again that Austin Collins of CAL is moving out of state.
FoSho Wrote:I did hear again that Austin Collins of CAL is moving out of state.

I heard the same thing. If it's true, that's a huge loss for the Centurions!
2. DeSales
3. Belfry
4. Bell County
5. Ashland
6. Tilghman
7. Etown
8. Glasgow
9. Taylor County
10. Russell

I agree Taylor has potential to be in the mix again. But Dudley has nothing to do with this team. He had nothing to do with the feeder program and left the program in bad shape when he left. The talent is there, but it has nothing to do with Dudley.
Russell will be 6-4 at best heading into playoffs. Devils still have not shown they can physically hang with anyone of any count. Until a run based under center conventional style comes back to Flatwoods Russell will never be the Russell of old. The kids and talent are there to win. It’s really easy the scheme suxs along with zone blocking!
You all can say what you want about the comment. The proof is in the pudding and the chickens have long come home to roost for this spread offense garbage. It’s high time we start knocking people off the ball again and not lay on em like slugs with zone blocking schemes. Maynard wouldn’t dare schedule Portsmouth or Portsmouth West. He’s gotta play a cupcake or two to get some wins.
The only reason they are going to Mason, West, and Fleming are for wins. The Portsmouth schools and coal grove are right across the river.
#55PirateFan Wrote:No way Belfry isn't in the Top 2 this year. I could see them being below CAL, maybe, but not DeSales. With the 2020 class we have that's now experienced seniors, I like Belfry's chances this year better than the last two years. Our O-Line will be just fine. We have some really good young players to fill holes and our D-Line is going to surprise alot of people this year. It's your opinion though and I respect it but I gotta disagree with you on this one.

DeSales, is going to be tough this year. They do I feel have the toughest schedule of the 3A teams. I think the top 3 are pick-ems. Put them in any order. I do think that Belfy and DeSales play the same type of football. Physical, and pound them. I just think DeSales has more bodies, and more athletes overall. I would put the 2 Louisville schools ahead of Belfry at this point. CAL does have some questions that need to be answered. What's their offense going to look like without Wright. He was such an effective decoy, and home run threat on the field. Also with a new coach, what philosophies will he bring? Is he going to run the same sets on O and D that LeFors did?
It should be a fun year in 3A, and we are happy to be a part of it.
ColtPride Wrote:DeSales, is going to be tough this year. They do I feel have the toughest schedule of the 3A teams. I think the top 3 are pick-ems. Put them in any order. I do think that Belfy and DeSales play the same type of football. Physical, and pound them. I just think DeSales has more bodies, and more athletes overall. I would put the 2 Louisville schools ahead of Belfry at this point. CAL does have some questions that need to be answered. What's their offense going to look like without Wright. He was such an effective decoy, and home run threat on the field. Also with a new coach, what philosophies will he bring? Is he going to run the same sets on O and D that LeFors did?

I wouldn't underestimate the athletes on Belfry. I would honestly say that you may have MORE kids on your team by a close margin but the BEST athletes on the field if you play the Pirates will be wearing red and white.
ColtPride Wrote:DeSales, is going to be tough this year. They do I feel have the toughest schedule of the 3A teams. I think the top 3 are pick-ems. Put them in any order. I do think that Belfy and DeSales play the same type of football. Physical, and pound them. I just think DeSales has more bodies, and more athletes overall. I would put the 2 Louisville schools ahead of Belfry at this point. CAL does have some questions that need to be answered. What's their offense going to look like without Wright. He was such an effective decoy, and home run threat on the field. Also with a new coach, what philosophies will he bring? Is he going to run the same sets on O and D that LeFors did?

Might agree with you guys having the tougher schedule and more players but not more/better athletes. Have you seen any film on our 2020 class, and 2021 class for that matter? We have a much better chance to win another trophy this year than the last 2 years because of our athletes. Whether we do or not is yet to be seen. Im not putting your team down, I'm sure you guys have some great players, I'm just saying if you think Belfry isnt loaded from top to bottom with big time athletes you might want to go watch some film my friend. Good luck this season, and welcome to 3A.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Might agree with you guys having the tougher schedule and more players but not more/better athletes. Have you seen any film on our 2020 class, and 2021 class for that matter? We have a much better chance to win another trophy this year than the last 2 years because of our athletes. Whether we do or not is yet to be seen. Im not putting your team down, I'm sure you guys have some great players, I'm just saying if you think Belfry isnt loaded from top to bottom with big time athletes you might want to go watch some film my friend. Good luck this season, and welcome to 3A.

I didn't say you guys didn't have athletes. You don't get the reputation that Belfry has attained without having athletes.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I agree Taylor has potential to be in the mix again. But Dudley has nothing to do with this team. He had nothing to do with the feeder program and left the program in bad shape when he left. The talent is there, but it has nothing to do with Dudley.

The program was in bad shape long before Dudley and has certainly improved since his arrival and departure.
I know Cal and DeSales are very talented but as long as the Pirates and the Hounds aren’t on the field at the same time I’m pulling for Belfry....
pjdoug Wrote:The program was in bad shape long before Dudley and has certainly improved since his arrival and departure.

Then go ahead and elaborate and fill us in on what Dudley did? The amazing junior group coming up at TC wasn’t impacted by Dudley. He was gone before they were in high school. Several of the impact players the past 2 seasons didn’t play when Dudley was there because he was running kids off and put zero effort into building the program. Like I said there is a bunch of talent, several D1 type athletes at Taylor right now, and to give Dudley the credit for that is absurd. There were athletes in the school that he didn’t try to get out and he didn’t know how to utilize the ones he had. The credit falls to the athletes for Taylor’s rise and Foley’s ability to get athletes on the field. Only thing Dudley established was a zero discipline mentality. Nobody can question his knowledge of the game or his position in the record books. But the effort to build just isn’t there anymore. Pretty sure he made several comments when he left about the kids just not being “mountain boys”. Maybe they’re not but they’re still kids that would go out and fight for you.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Then go ahead and elaborate and fill us in on what Dudley did? The amazing junior group coming up at TC wasn’t impacted by Dudley. He was gone before they were in high school. Several of the impact players the past 2 seasons didn’t play when Dudley was there because he was running kids off and put zero effort into building the program. Like I said there is a bunch of talent, several D1 type athletes at Taylor right now, and to give Dudley the credit for that is absurd. There were athletes in the school that he didn’t try to get out and he didn’t know how to utilize the ones he had. The credit falls to the athletes for Taylor’s rise and Foley’s ability to get athletes on the field. Only thing Dudley established was a zero discipline mentality. Nobody can question his knowledge of the game or his position in the record books. But the effort to build just isn’t there anymore. Pretty sure he made several comments when he left about the kids just not being “mountain boys”. Maybe they’re not but they’re still kids that would go out and fight for you.

How dare you blasphemy all that Dudley is and has done you better hope he don’t catch you around Mountain View...
single shot Wrote:How dare you blasphemy all that Dudley is and has done you better hope he don’t catch you around Mountain View...

Lol
2. DeSales
3. Belfry
4. Bell County
5. Ashland
6. Tilghman
7. Etown
8. Glasgow
9. Taylor County
10. Russell

If I recall Taylor lost to Campbellsville last year as well.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I agree Taylor has potential to be in the mix again. But Dudley has nothing to do with this team. He had nothing to do with the feeder program and left the program in bad shape when he left. The talent is there, but it has nothing to do with Dudley.

Taylor's incoming freshman class is very talented too. So with their juniors they are really good for a few more years.
smoke1015 Wrote:Taylor's incoming freshman class is very talented too. So with their juniors they are really good for a few more years.

We played Taylor County in the "semi's of the 8th grade championship, these incoming seniors 8th grade year. Although we beat them pretty handily and went on to win the championship over South Oldham, they had some really good players. Two stick out. They had the big Fullback Logan Parker, who I've heard somehow graduated early and is not playing football now, and a little running back that was explosive. I think his name was Goodwin or Goodman maybe. Is this kid still playing? All I know is he was a homerun threat everytime he touched the ball. Is he as dominant at the high school level if he is still playing? I sure hope he is. I really liked watching that kid play football that day. He was fun to watch! Kinda small though, but still tough as nails.
smoke1015 Wrote:Taylor's incoming freshman class is very talented too. So with their juniors they are really good for a few more years.

Yes they should be.
#55PirateFan Wrote:We played Taylor County in the "semi's of the 8th grade championship, these incoming seniors 8th grade year. Although we beat them pretty handily and went on to win the championship over South Oldham, they had some really good players. Two stick out. They had the big Fullback Logan Parker, who I've heard somehow graduated early and is not playing football now, and a little running back that was explosive. I think his name was Goodwin or Goodman maybe. Is this kid still playing? All I know is he was a homerun threat everytime he touched the ball. Is he as dominant at the high school level if he is still playing? I sure hope he is. I really liked watching that kid play football that day. He was fun to watch! Kinda small though, but still tough as nails.

You are referring to Tre Goodin. He’s a very explosive D1 athlete on the field as well as the track. He holds several D1 offers. Parker did graduate. But they have some senior leadership with a lot of talent in the freshman through junior classes.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:You are referring to Tre Goodin. He’s a very explosive D1 athlete on the field as well as the track. He holds several D1 offers. Parker did graduate. But they have some senior leadership with a lot of talent in the freshman through junior classes.

Yes, Tre Goodin! Loved that kid. And it's awesome to hear he's still doing well. Man, I knew that day 4-5 years ago that he was going to be special. I don't know what else y'all have, probably alot, but with Goodin alone, TC is a top 10 team. Lol! What happened with Parker? I thought he was in my sons class, c/o 2020, which would leave him one more year? Is he going to play college football anywhere?
#55PirateFan Wrote:We played Taylor County in the "semi's of the 8th grade championship, these incoming seniors 8th grade year. Although we beat them pretty handily and went on to win the championship over South Oldham, they had some really good players. Two stick out. They had the big Fullback Logan Parker, who I've heard somehow graduated early and is not playing football now, and a little running back that was explosive. I think his name was Goodwin or Goodman maybe. Is this kid still playing? All I know is he was a homerun threat everytime he touched the ball. Is he as dominant at the high school level if he is still playing? I sure hope he is. I really liked watching that kid play football that day. He was fun to watch! Kinda small though, but still tough as nails.

Tre Goodin. His big brother was Mr. Kentucky baskeball a few years ago and plays for Xavier. Dude has some highlight dunks that made ESPN. The little brother is a heck of a football player.
smoke1015 Wrote:Tre Goodin. His big brother was Mr. Kentucky baskeball a few years ago and plays for Xavier. Dude has some highlight dunks that made ESPN. The little brother is a heck of a football player.

Is his brother Quentin Goodin? If so, WOW! And yes, Tre is a football player!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Yes, Tre Goodin! Loved that kid. And it's awesome to hear he's still doing well. Man, I knew that day 4-5 years ago that he was going to be special. I don't know what else y'all have, probably alot, but with Goodin alone, TC is a top 10 team. Lol! What happened with Parker? I thought he was in my sons class, c/o 2020, which would leave him one more year? Is he going to play college football anywhere?

Yes, WE played them in the playoff. We were down to 13 kids, dressed, with maybe a total of 17 or 18, the rest injured. Well Adair REFUSES to play Taylor again, citing Parker as the reason and I think an article was written "too big to play football", something like that. When folks don't understand there is a 6'8" out there somewhere, bigger than Parker playing middle school footbal...But anyways, Adair won't play them, they ask us, and we said, sure. We almost beat them that year, the first game we played them, it went down to the wire. The 2nd game there was just no way, too many injuries, not enough players. I felt in the first game they totally played Parker too much, as a back, and didn't feed Goodin nearly enough. I knew Belfry was too solid, team wise to lose to one player, even a great one like Goodin. I'm not sure Goodin is quite as good as Belfry's running back, but he's in that super quick/fast category similar to that.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Is his brother Quentin Goodin? If so, WOW! And yes, Tre is a football player!

Yes sir, sure is. I heard he was a heck of a football player but his love was bball.
Do any of y'all remember the kid that played for South Oldam back then? He wore #5 and played QB, I believe. He was a stud as well. Damn near beat us by himself. He'll be going into his senior year.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next