Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 2019 Mr. Football Candidates
I’ll go with whoever has the best P5 offer sheet on the offensive side of the ball:1:
Jayden Stinson QB Mayfield
Kade Neely WR Mayfield
FoSho Wrote:Hensley is a great player. If he was in a more pass oriented offense I think he'd have some gaudy stats too. Maybe his parents will get a job in Danville in the next few weeks.

Wink

nm
Really depends on which award we are talking about, the coaches Mr. Football or the AP Mr. Football. Last year Wandale won both do we see a split decision for the first time? Probably.
#55PirateFan Wrote:You dont have to convince me Pal, up to this point, Reese is my choice as well. I just feel that the committee (and all their knowledge and understanding of the game, LOL) would rather see a QB from Lexington who's going to play at UK win it rather than give it to a more deserving kid from Danville that plays WR and is going next door to play at WVU. I think Reese has to have a "lights out" year and Beau will have to struggle in order for him to win it. But, like I said, you don't have to convince me. I've seen them both play live. Allen absolutely put on a clinic against us. Smith didnt have his best game against us, I believe he was hurt, but he was amazing. Both great players and will be at the next level. I just think Reese is the better all around player but Beau will be the committees choice.

What Reese has going for him is that he’s a two way star. :Thumbs:
Michael Mayer just won Alpha Dog top player at the Nike camp Opening yesterday.
Michael Mayer will be the best player in the state this season. Followed by Beau Allen and Reese Smith.
Texans_99 Wrote:Michael Mayer will be the best player in the state this season. Followed by Beau Allen and Reese Smith.

Reese Smith has the stats on both sides of the ball since his freshman year. Provided he doesn't have an injury, there is no way he's not the guy. None.

Nobody in KY can dominate a football game or has more heart than Reese Smith. Period. He is the best football player in KY.

If Chuck Smith allows him and the team to show what they can do, it'll be a gaudy stat season and an undeniable path for another Mr Football for Boyle Co.
Michael Mayer is the best player in the state, but Reese Smith should win Mr. Football.
RoShamBo Wrote:Michael Mayer is the best player in the state, but Reese Smith should win Mr. Football.

Reese Smith is the best player in KY but unless you have seen him play (even since he was in third grade), I don't expect for you to "get it".

They're both fantastic players.
Beau Allen will be the front runner because he signed with the Cats and lives in Lex where the media focus most of the attention. There are a number of players that have a legitimate shot at it but it will depend on a lot of things....
Hambley Wrote:Beau Allen will be the front runner because he signed with the Cats and lives in Lex where the media focus most of the attention. There are a number of players that have a legitimate shot at it but it will depend on a lot of things....

I guess we'll see.
FoSho Wrote:Reese Smith is the best player in KY but unless you have seen him play (even since he was in third grade), I don't expect for you to "get it".

Fair enough. I have not been watching either of them since they were in 3rd grade. Just stating my opinion as an impartial outsider based on what I've seen from each of them the past two years.
RoShamBo Wrote:Fair enough. I have not been watching either of them since they were in 3rd grade. Just stating my opinion as an impartial outsider based on what I've seen from each of them the past two years.

Then you must agree with me.

Cool!
If Covington Catholic wins State and Boyle dosen't, then Michael Mayer should win Mr. Football.
Footballfan33 Wrote:If Covington Catholic wins State and Boyle dosen't, then Michael Mayer should win Mr. Football.

:please:
Reese Smith is the better high school player and Michael Mayer is the better college prospect. Reese should win Mr. Football barring injuries, but Mayer will make a bigger impact in the college game. Just my opinion.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Reese Smith is the better high school player and Michael Mayer is the better college prospect. Reese should win Mr. Football barring injuries, but Mayer will make a bigger impact in the college game. Just my opinion.

Maybe, can't really comment on the future but that may very well be the case. But the high school portion is pretty clear cut IMO.
Texans_99 Wrote:Michael Mayer will be the best player in the state this season. Followed by Beau Allen and Reese Smith.

Big Mike is the best football player in the state and it’s not really close. To suggest otherwise is just silly and ignorant. I doubt he will receive the “mr football” award though. Oh well. I’m sure he will make do just fine without it.
Woodsman Wrote:Big Mike is the best football player in the state and it’s not really close. To suggest otherwise is just silly and ignorant. I doubt he will receive the “mr football” award though. Oh well. I’m sure he will make do just fine without it.

Some of you people really have no idea what it's like to watch someone dominate a football game on both sides of the ball AND have the stats and awards to back that up.

Mayer is a fantastic prospect and a terrific football player. But just because he's BIG doesn't make him the best.

Good luck to all of these kids this season and here's to an injury free 2019.
Between Mayer, Reese Smith , and Allen I will be honest and say it won’t bother me if any of the three wins it.

I think Mayer will be playing on Sundays.

Reese is everything you want in a Mr Football.

Beau is probably the best true QB to come out of Kentucky in several years.

Don’t think you go wrong with any of the three.
Dosen't Mayer start at Linebacker?
FoSho Wrote:Reese Smith is the best player in KY but unless you have seen him play (even since he was in third grade), I don't expect for you to "get it".

Mayer plays middle linebacker on defense and is a force. On offense nobody can cover him.
Mayers Jr highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2B2DAt
UK1fan Wrote:Mayer plays middle linebacker on defense and is a force. On offense nobody can cover him.

Reese Smith has been All-State on both sides of the ball...and stats, check them.
After watching Mayer’s Highlights it’s closer than what I thought. I still think it’s Reese Smith’s to lose.
I got an idea.

Let's compare career stats and accomplishments at seasons end.

Again, good luck to both of them and may they both have a great and injury free season!