Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region
Any news on Dingess? Also heard that Williams is trying to enroll back in Paintsville, any truth? Around a month out til scrimmages start anyone else excited for the season?
Any news on Dingess?? Also heard that Williams is going to enroll back at Paintsville, any truth? Less that a month away from scrimmages, should be a fun season..
Judge ruled in Dingess favor. He should be good.
^ Well good. Glad to hear the kid gets to play.
IntheZone Wrote:Judge ruled in Dingess favor. He should be good.

Might as well not have any rules anymore.

Good news for him and Martin Co.
I agree with you. You must keep up with high school basketball like me. That's exactly how I would rank them my friend.
I think this season will be a very good one. Valley has the best scorer this region has seen in last few years. Central with Williams got better. Martin county with Dingess is better. Fugate at Paintsville with Keaton will give teams trouble all year. Pikeville has 3 good sophomores in Samons, Hall and Lockhart along when a few seniors will make a push. Lawrence County didn’t lose anyone. Add a few more young teams that get a chance to prove theirselves in Betsy Layne and East Ridge looks to be a interesting season in the 15th.
I agree with @BoyWonder14. Looks like it's going to be a good one! :Thumbs:
Hambley Wrote:Martin County is overrated. Ok they got a new school and we keep seeing all this attention and transfer rumors but at the end of the day you gotta go out and win. Heard the same thing the last three years. There 6’10” center better put up better numbers then 15ppg and is gonna have to dominate on the boards, personally I don’t think he’s there yet but we will see.

It's true that Brady Dingess returned to Martin County HS and remember sports fans Brady is only a sophomore, meanwhile some don't think Trey James is a good player however he is a junior and he has already received two bonafide offers to play basketball at Wake Forest and EKU, wonder what they see in Trey's game that some here don't, meanwhile Coach "JJ" James added Chase Parsley to his coaching staff and Parsley is considered a first class coach to help with the Cards.
James is a good player but he has something most athletes here in the mountains wish they had and it’s size. Martin county will be a good team. With James I’d like to see him get to a 15th region tournament first before claiming him elite. Even with his brother when Trey was in 8th grade they lost in first round of district. I just want to see him dominate this region more as he should since he is 6’10”.
With Dingus Martin County top 3 team in the region I think
At the point I believe only two teams have proven their selves and of course that’s Valley and JC. After those two, 3 through whatever could be numerous teams. Pikeville is young. Paintsville lost two key pieces. Martin(SC) hasn’t been to a regional tournament in at least 3 plus years. With the addition of Smith-Mills and Dingus they may get over that hump but still to be determined. BL may even have a shot but their also young and unproven. Until someone steps up during the season after the Top 2 right now it’s all a toss up. The development of the other teams not named Valley and JC is what excites me for this season and I’m eager to see how it all plays out.
Betsy Layne is going to be a tough out this season for a lot of teams. Their young and hungry to win ball games!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Betsy Layne is going to be a tough out this season for a lot of teams. Their young and hungry to win ball games!

I agree BL has the potential to be good. I'm going to hold out on them until I see more progress this year. They return their top two scorers but they only shot 38% from the field. Their big man only shot 40% and he is mostly in the post. So i'd say the jury is still out on them. Until i see them beat the top tier in the Region then BL will only be good enough to just make the region because the 58th district is weak. I hope they put it all together cause it seems they have some talent but ill have to see them perform first.
I wouldn’t underestimate Martin County this year, they are returning 6 of their top scorers from last year and added Brady Dingess and Ethan Smith-Mills to their lineup.
SV lost 3 of their top players from last year and Pikeville lost 4 of their top players from last year and do replace someone like Conner Roberts. JC lost several of their top players from last year but landed Seth Williams and that kid is a warrior and yes JC will be good this year. LC is returning several good player and few can guard Tyler Maynard.

It’s going to be a great year in the 15th region this year and we will see a lot great games across the region.
BallFan1952 Wrote:I wouldn’t underestimate Martin County this year, they are returning 6 of their top scorers from last year and added Brady Dingess and Ethan Smith-Mills to their lineup.
SV lost 3 of their top players from last year and Pikeville lost 4 of their top players from last year and do replace someone like Conner Roberts. JC lost several of their top players from last year but landed Seth Williams and that kid is a warrior and yes JC will be good this year. LC is returning several good player and few can guard Tyler Maynard.

It’s going to be a great year in the 15th region this year and we will see a lot great games across the region.

I agree it will be interesting this season. That Martin County team that returns their 6 top scores only won 10 games last season. Smith-Mills was on a team that even though made the region tournament only won 6 games. Dingess will make them better I'm just excited to see it play out. With LC they lost in the first round of district to a team that only won 6 games on their home floor. I'm sure they are out to prove something and it will be fun to see. With Valley they have Potter, Worrix and Sykes could be best trio in region. It will be tough for Pikeville to replace Roberts, Biliter, and Watkins. Samons is one the best I've seen in this region and Hall and Lockhart are pretty good as well. And JC have May, Vanhoose, and King who are very good. 15th region basketball is going to be fun to watch the new few years.

Happy to hear this, the way kids move around these days, it's crazy to deny a kid eligibility. Looking forward to watching MC vs JC, should be a good game.
1. Johnson Central
2. Shelby Valley
3. Pikeville
4. Martin county
5. Betsy layne
6. Paintsville
7. East ridge
8. Lawrence County
9. Phelps
10. Pike Central
11. Prestonsburg
12. Floyd Central
13. Magoffin County
14. Belfry
15. Jenkins
16. Piarist
If I had to do a preseason ranking this is what i believe it would be.

1. JC
2. Valley
3. Pikeville
4. M.C
5. Paintsville
6. LC
7. BL
8. Phelps
9. Pburg
10. ER
11. PC
12. Magoffin