Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Paintsville 11-22
49? wow, you really have not watched Paintsville play to think they are going to give up 49 to Williamsburg!
SugeAvery Wrote:49? wow, you really have not watched Paintsville play to think they are going to give up 49 to Williamsburg!

I change my prediction to 63-14. Williamsburg gonna smoke that arrogant hind end.
Sold out is an understatement! They had 9 in the box at all times. That load formation with J. Allen at tight end and Ousley at guard and Blackburn at tackle was a nice wrinkle! You can run behind that on anyone left playing this week! Williamsburg will not stop the run Friday! They will also not stop the pass rush!
Williamsburg 20
Paintsville 28
SugeAvery Wrote:Sold out is an understatement! They had 9 in the box at all times. That load formation with J. Allen at tight end and Ousley at guard and Blackburn at tackle was a nice wrinkle! You can run behind that on anyone left playing this week! Williamsburg will not stop the run Friday! They will also not stop the pass rush!

If you say it it has to be true Confusednicker:
Not taking anything away from Williamsburg and didn't mean to sound arrogant. I think I have gave them much respect in all my statements before. I love the QB and he presents a problem but after watching them on film it a bad matchup. Styles make fights and their pass happy style doesn't bold well when you are playing a run first Championship level defense that can rush the QB as they can. Williamsburg's Line can't block Paintsville front seven man for man so they will have to change up the 4 and 5 WR sets to help and that's not what they are adapt at doing!
SugeAvery Wrote:Not taking anything away from Williamsburg and didn't mean to sound arrogant. I think I have gave them much respect in all my statements before. I love the QB and he presents a problem but after watching them on film it a bad matchup. Styles make fights and their pass happy style doesn't bold well when you are playing a run first Championship level defense that can rush the QB as they can. Williamsburg's Line can't block Paintsville front seven man for man so they will have to change up the 4 and 5 WR sets to help and that's not what they are adapt at doing!
I'm not a Williamsburg fan. They are better than you think. Their defense might not be their strong point, but your offense ain't as strong as some of you are making it out to be either.
I believe we are saying the same thing! Our defense is our strength, their offense is theirs, and in that instance, I am taking the defense every time especially in adverse weather and on the road in a hostile environment! However, I digress! That is why they play the games! Good luck to both teams!
How much does the loss of Harris Phelps hurt our secondary? I think he’s right there with Hyden as our best cover guy.
Ralph Furley Wrote:How much does the loss of Harris Phelps hurt our secondary? I think he’s right there with Hyden as our best cover guy.

Harris Phelps is a good defensive back and so is Hayden but the other Phelps is the best defensive back. The reason I think that from all the games I watched the other teams don’t challenge him as much as the others. Just my opinion for what it’s worth and that isn’t much.
Ralph Furley Wrote:How much does the loss of Harris Phelps hurt our secondary? I think he’s right there with Hyden as our best cover guy.

I don’t know the extent of the injury however, he will be missed. However, Paintsville has several athletes that are capable of stepping up. His injury happened very early on in the game and the replacement played well.
Patriot1 Wrote:Harris Phelps is a good defensive back and so is Hayden but the other Phelps is the best defensive back. The reason I think that from all the games I watched the other teams don’t challenge him as much as the others. Just my opinion for what it’s worth and that isn’t much.

That’s true. Most teams probably “pick on” the freshman just because he is a freshman. Harris is also a sure handed receiver. He will be missed in all 3 phases of the game.
pjdoug Wrote:I change my prediction to 63-14. Williamsburg gonna smoke that arrogant hind end.

I’m just happy the weather will be poor or we would probably give up 100. 2000 Rams are coming to town!
The weather this weekend is right now showing to be bad and definitely plays into the strength of Paintsville. Especially since Paintsville’s field is grass and not turf. I don’t see Williamsburg’s defense stopping Paintsville’s running game but don’t think it will be a high scoring game because of the weather and running game will keep the clock running. Another one of my opinions but we will see after Friday night but good luck to both and hope for an injury free game for both and hope the Phelps young man gets healthy.
64SUR Wrote:Impreached, impreached, impreached. Something I do know!!!
I'm not allowed to post what I want to Confusednicker:
SugeAvery Wrote:I believe we are saying the same thing! Our defense is our strength, their offense is theirs, and in that instance, I am taking the defense every time especially in adverse weather and on the road in a hostile environment! However, I digress! That is why they play the games! Good luck to both teams!

I like a good defense too and know that Paintsville has one, but them being able to run at will , and completely shut Williamsburg's offense down is yet to be seen. You might beat Williamsburg, but this ain't the same team they had last year.
2000PHS Wrote:I’m just happy the weather will be poor or we would probably give up 100. 2000 Rams are coming to town!

I know how to liven the Quakers up. lol
Da’Burg gonna step there game up this week. What they give up in size in the trenches, they make up with quickness and athleticism. Ponder will be the best player on the field and his scrambling ability will be a factor... WBurg 27 PVille 20
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Da’Burg gonna step there game up this week. What they give up in size in the trenches, they make up with quickness and athleticism. Ponder will be the best player on the field and his scrambling ability will be a factor... WBurg 27 PVille 20

:biglmao: Mr. Ponder will meet Mr. Allen the best player on the field really soon! He's probably the best defensive player in the area but we will see!
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Da’Burg gonna step there game up this week. What they give up in size in the trenches, they make up with quickness and athleticism. Ponder will be the best player on the field and his scrambling ability will be a factor... WBurg 27 PVille 20

Ponder is a VERY talented QB. One of the better ones I’ve watched. In the pocket against Paintsville doesn’t worry me much. I believe the Tigers pass defense will contain him. The one thing that does concern me with Ponder is when he’s forced out. Broken plays. He is the type of QB that can hurt you badly in those situations. W. Battle was the same way. You would have him sacked for a 12 yard loss then you blink and he picks up a 20 yard gain! I still feel Paintsville will be too much in the end.

Paintsville 33
Williamsburg 22
I see a lot of positives for Paintsville in this game. Who knows Williamsburg may come up here and blow us out, however, I see a few advantages for the Tigers.

Home field. Obvious. 3 hour bus ride.

Weather. Paintsville won’t mind it being cold and windy.

Offensive strategies. Williamsburg is a pass heavy offense and that just goes against everything I’ve learned about late season football.

Defense. Edge Paintsville. If Williamsburg has a better defense than Paintsville, I will tip my cap and go on about my life.
Would anyone from Williamsburg or Paintsville be willing to come on the podcast and talk about this matchup?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The Tigers will have Bruton snuff spots all over them when The Orange Bees git through stingin' them.
Spud6 Wrote:Would anyone from Williamsburg or Paintsville be willing to come on the podcast and talk about this matchup?

You should call OldJacket.
Paintsville 20-14
Paintsville's defense is too much for Ponder and company. Field will be wet, which always makes it more difficult to throw/catch the ball. The Tigers will score multiple times on defense. I also expect a strong running attack offensively from Paintsville. Don't forget these teams played each other last year, that makes a big difference in game planning/preparation.

Paintsville 28
Williamsburg 14
Buffs19 Wrote:Paintsville's defense is too much for Ponder and company. Field will be wet, which always makes it more difficult to throw/catch the ball. The Tigers will score multiple times on defense. I also expect a strong running attack offensively from Paintsville. Don't forget these teams played each other last year, that makes a big difference in game planning/preparation.

Paintsville 28
Williamsburg 14

This ain't last year.
pjdoug Wrote:This ain't last year.

If it was they lost then also and the year before was a running clock! They was shut out last year other than the busted coverage in the back of the end zone when he was getting sacked and he just threw the ball hopping his guy would catch it. They never scored again on offense and got the pick 6 when the game was already decided when we should have just been running the clock out. After watching 6 of there games I'm less impressed with the numbers. They have scored meaningless touchdowns on the good teams and beat up on the weak teams. This new playoff system is a joke. Both their playoff games where against teams they should have put a running clock on! We took the crowned champions to the brink and one missed field goal away from the win. We have been tested all year and stood up against it! Pounder is great on the improv but struggles when he has to sit and throw the ball. I'm even more convinced after watching them they will struggle with us and we win the game without any doubt!
pjdoug Wrote:You should call OldJacket.

Who is that?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
SugeAvery Wrote:If it was they lost then also and the year before was a running clock! They was shut out last year other than the busted coverage in the back of the end zone when he was getting sacked and he just threw the ball hopping his guy would catch it. They never scored again on offense and got the pick 6 when the game was already decided when we should have just been running the clock out. After watching 6 of there games I'm less impressed with the numbers. They have scored meaningless touchdowns on the good teams and beat up on the weak teams. This new playoff system is a joke. Both their playoff games where against teams they should have put a running clock on! We took the crowned champions to the brink and one missed field goal away from the win. We have been tested all year and stood up against it! Pounder is great on the improv but struggles when he has to sit and throw the ball. I'm even more convinced after watching them they will struggle with us and we win the game without any doubt!
I can't believe you wasted so much time typing a whole book full of B'S to brag about last year. His name is Ponder not Pounder and I hope he makes you cry like a schoolgirl.