•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 3 A Championship Belfry 30 Bell Co 20
Congrats to ole Dudley on a 2nd place finish...maybe they will give you a raise$$....I am sure you will ask for one😂😂😂😂😂 Go Harlan Co!! Go Pirates🏈
Congrats To Belfry, Stephney was pretty much Bells team,and most of that come on broke down plays.Kid had me nervous,very good player.
STIFFY Wrote:Sometimes you sound like you don’t know much about football we could have played Trinity 8 times and Belfry would have beat us tonight they were better I think the schedule thing is getting a little old

Sometimes the truth just hurts I guess. Had Bell played a better schedule, tonight may have not been the first time they trailed in a football game all season. The state finals is nowhere to add pressure like that.
Congratulations Pirates for bringing number 7 back to the mountains. This team has faced a lot of adversity through out the year and had a lot of growing up to do. They overcame, grew up and came together at the right time. Belfry style of football all night and Bell Co played right into Haywood’s hands. Bell could not stop the run game and Haywood knew it. Bell had the best athlete in the field, and he never was fully cut loose. If you get into a clock management game with Belfry and can’t stop them from gaining 4-5 yards a pop. It’s a long night and will end up in disaster.
I am beyond proud of our boys ! Our o-line played a good game ! Though center done good for Bell ! Congratulations to Belfry played a really good game !!
The unsportsmanlike call really hurt and I think that made an automatic 1st down instead of 3rd and long. Also going for the 1st down instead of punting was the only way they could get back in it. Dudley usually has gotten those plays in the past.
i am glad that Stephney Is A senior..
Where is London going to play next year? What offers?
Someone needs to call Bevin, his last official act as governor may be to activate the National Guard for the removal of Dudley Hilton from the stands of Commonwealth Stadium...
Congratulations Belfry!
Other than the one penalty on Bell Co. both teams showed a ton of sportsmanship. Much respect from both of these programs, with two legendary coaches who respect each other.
Congrats to Belfry
Bell county played one good football team all year and got their tail kicked.

Need to schedule some better teams next year Dud if you want to prepare kids to play for a championship.

Whipping Mcreary and Estill doesn’t mean much come championship time. Tonight is proof in the pudding.
Awesome game. Congrats to Belfry. When even their own fan base was concerned about this year, they just do what they do and win it all again.
single shot Wrote:Someone needs to call Bevin, his last official act as governor may be to activate the National Guard for the removal of Dudley Hilton from the stands of Commonwealth Stadium...

Will Beshear invite Belfry to the capital?
mysonis55 Wrote:Awesome game. Congrats to Belfry. When even their own fan base was concerned about this year, they just do what they do and win it all again.

Congratulations to you and your son
Attendance of 8275. Nice sized crowd.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Attendance of 8275. Nice sized crowd.

The 1A record was broken today with a little over 7,000 in attendance
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:The 1A record was broken today with a little over 7,000 in attendance

EKY showed out!
Belfry as advertised Haywood is old school and a champ at life and football. Bell looked good tonight just couldn’t put it in the end zone against a great defense. Game almost seemed scripted. I’m sure both programs will be proud of the young men they put on the field tonight. I’m sure we will see this match up again. 2 historic programs and a great game
Bell has a basketball game tomorrow. I wonder if any football players will play. 4 or 5 starters play football.
Congrats to Belfry. This was a great game and closer than score even indicates, if Belfry converts the two missed extra points it’s a one score game with 5 minutes or so to go and all the time outs. Bell made some mistakes today and they had to play perfect to win.

That said the thing that impressed me most about Belfry is how quick after the snap they get the ball back to the line of scrimmage and down field, it is about impossible to tackle Belfry for a loss.

It was a great game and both teams should be proud, not resulted I wanted but Bell was very much in this game and a few plays go different and the winner is different, but that’s life.
The Spread Wrote:Sometimes the truth just hurts I guess. Had Bell played a better schedule, tonight may have not been the first time they trailed in a football game all season. The state finals is nowhere to add pressure like that.

It wasn’t pressure or the schedule it was simply we got beat by a better team we had chances and didn’t capitalize but if you want to make an excuse for why we lost go ahead however the Bell supporters won’t
BUCK_WILD Wrote:Bell county played one good football team all year and got their tail kicked.

Need to schedule some better teams next year Dud if you want to prepare kids to play for a championship.

Whipping Mcreary and Estill doesn’t mean much come championship time. Tonight is proof in the pudding.

Take your hater glasses off man, this wasn’t a tail kicking. This was a hard fought game, Belfry won and made the plays to win, no excuses here, but it’s garbage to suggest Bell didn’t compete in this game at a high level.
BUCK_WILD Wrote:Bell county played one good football team all year and got their tail kicked.

Tonight we got beat by a better team nothing more nothing less
I thought it was classy of Dudley to stay on the field at the end of the game knowing he was getting beat instead of going in the stands like Corbin game.
I was as critical of Bell's schedule as anyone but it didn't make a difference. They were a good football team, just not good enough. I thought they should have tried to pass a little more as I didn't think Belfy's pass defense was all that but Belfry was just the better team.
Congratulations to the Belfry Pirates, #55PirateFan I read your comments when I got home and I really appreciate that, plus you have to be proud of your son also and I am ,too. Great kid and a great family. Let him know this old Pirate is very proud of him and hope to get to talk with you some time and really was my pleasure to meet you. The reason I didn’t answer on Facebook I couldn’t get it to send, guess you could say I computer illiterate. Best of luck to you and your family in the next part of your son’s football career. Bell County has had a great season and I figure they will have many more.
Very happy with the Belfry win tonight! Thought we were the better team, but as far as Bell County goes, they were certainly a state championship caliber team and deserved to be there.
Bell has nothing to be ashamed of those kids played til last whistle and was great sportsmanship. Let’s hope we can meet again next year.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next