Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Coaches
Good Luck to Coach Alvin and the Shelby Valley Bat Kats
Tricky Wrote:I think (about 100% sure) that Magoffin County is getting a new Head Coach.

But I haven't any idea on who it might be. But they do have a whole list of qualifed employees to chose from. There are some great softball players working for the school system.

Why is Magoffin getting a new coach?
JCHS still doesn't have a Softball coach....or if they do they are telling anyone.
If Magoffin is getting a new coach then Coach Skaggs would be a great fit for JCHS
You know if this were a "BOYS SPORT", they would already have a coach....no they would have a whole bunch of coaches.
Pickle-princess Wrote:JCHS still doesn't have a Softball coach....or if they do they are telling anyone.

Will the new coach be Jason Hurt, Craig Delong or J.R. Salyers? My money is on Jason Hurt.
[quote=Tiger77]Will the new coach be Jason Hurt, Craig Delong or J.R. Salyers? My money is on Jason Hurt.[/quote]

REALLY?
It is time to start conditioning and these girls are going to get way behind. They really should name someone soon.

JCHS has a very solid team, returning most of their key players with a pretty deep bench....any coach should be proud to be a part of this team. Just let them play ball and leave all of the politics at home.....
I heard Lcc was getting a new coach.. i dont think it will hurt them though.most of the girls didnt like the old one. i think it would help them if they do.
They are supposed to name a coach for the JC's team on Wednesday of this week. I guess we'll see, won't we?
good luck to all the new coaches this season!
Good luck is also granted to the new JCHS coach, if we knew who they were.
I think that the girls are going to coach themselves this year.
AmazingFan Wrote:Good luck is also granted to the new JCHS coach, if we knew who they were.

According to another thread it will be Jason Hurt assisted by Chris Pierce, J.R. Salyers and Ashley Bush.
THOMCAT Wrote:According to another thread it will be Jason Hurt assisted by Chris Pierce, J.R. Salyers and Ashley Bush.

You are correct, the new coach is Jason Hurt and he is assisted by Chris Pierce, J.R. Salyers and Ashley Bush. They began conditioning last week. Yeah!!! We have a coach, now on to getting a new field!!!
Good luck to Coach Hurt and his staff for the 2008 season. They have a solid team and should be extremely competitive.
In the 56th district, Owsley County has named a new softball coach. They have actually named a co-coach team, Chad Mason and his wife Shawnda Mason. Both are very involved in sports and have been since their days in school. Shawnda played for the Lady Owls softball team when she was in high school and was an extremely talented player. Her husband, Chad, is the assistant coach for the girls basketball team and has coached elementary and middle school basketball for several years. Their assistant is Bob Mayes, which has helped with the program for several years, coaching first base. Just for the record, the coach for the last two years, Gary Cornett, resigned because he is currently taking classes to finish his masters and he felt that he couldn't commit to the intensive time it takes for softball, even thought it is a short season, compared to basketball. Good luck to Coach Mason, Coach Mason and Coach Mayes and the Lady Owls Softball Team for the 2008 Season. Big Grin
Sanford Holbrook has been the named the softball coach at Magoffin County
Holbrook is the same guy that coaches the Grade school basketball team?
Yes that the same Coach holbrook, Good basketball coach, i don't know what type of softball coach he will be.
Holbrook should stick with basketball, does a great job with younger kids.
I hear that Coach Napierof Paintsville will be getting a new assistant in Bryan Auxier. I hope he will add even more stability like coach Gambill did last year.
MC #1 Wrote:Holbrook should stick with basketball, does a great job with younger kids.

Holbrook will do a great job as the new coach at Magoffin. He was the best choice for the job. The players respect him.
BUNDY Wrote:Holbrook will do a great job as the new coach at Magoffin. He was the best choice for the job. The players respect him.

And his experience as a player and a coach that qualifies him for this is? Or is it family ties?
Experience coaching softball I don't know, but he seems to be the most experience and best elementary b-ball coach in the county, I wish my kids had play for him, maybe would got to play more at middle school.
Talk to a former player, Holbrook was head coach in 2000, district runner-up in softball, lost JC 4-1 finals, they finish with 17-8 record.
MC #1 Wrote:Talk to a former player, Holbrook was head coach in 2000, district runner-up in softball, lost JC 4-1 finals, they finish with 17-8 record.

Rodney Ward was the head coach and Sanford was the Assistant in 2000; but Coach Holbrook will do a fine job.
Mohawk Wrote:Rodney Ward was the head coach and Sanford was the Assistant in 2000; but Coach Holbrook will do a fine job.

Yes, Coach Holbrok will do a fine job. He is a tireless worker and demands 100% out of his players and will not tolerate less.
He also knows the game and has been an umpire. I believe he will do a nice job. Good choice.
Pickle-princess Wrote:I think that the girls are going to coach themselves this year.

hoho, that's not a bad idea. seems like it would be better than just a warm body out for the money. give the money to the girls.