Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 49 - Pikeville 7
This was a beatdown.. A score you would normally see with a Belfry/SV,ER, PCC kinda game.. I mean Belfry beat Pikeville worse than Lexington Catholic did.. That says something to me...

This Belfry defense is pretty darn good.. I look foward to the Sheldon Clark & Johnson Central games...

I see the Belfry/Johnson Central game as a better game then I did.. I think Belfry may have a better chance than I first thought..
I hate to be the first to say it but, I don't think two of the top 100 linebackers in the country would allow this..
I'll be honest with you Belfry users when I say this, "You can beat Johnson Central." But theres a lot more football to be played.
Agreed!! I do have a ? for Pikeville fans. How do you think Belfry would match up against Lexingtion Catholic? Isn't that who you all played a while back. An honest answer if you would please, not just something to cut on Belfry.Smile Wink Pro's and Con's. Thanks.
blackcat_student Wrote:I'll be honest with you Belfry users when I say this, "You can beat Johnson Central." But theres a lot more football to be played.
The only game I believe they can't win. This is just by hearsay of how good JC is. I personally haven't seen them. But on the bright side, they are beatable, just as Belfry is. I guess just play the game and see how it turns out.:Thumbs:
I couldn't go to the game because of work, but I was going to listen to the game on the radio.

Pikeville has a stud RB, Daniel Harmon, who is possibly the best RB in the mountains.
Belfry has a stud RB, Dustin May, who is possibly the best RB in the mountains.

1st series for Pikeville, Harmon doesn't touch the ball, 3 and out.
1st series for Belfry, May carries 4 of their 5 plays and scores a TD.
2nd series for Pikeville, Harmon doesn't touch the ball, 3 and out.

I turned the radio off.
Also, congrats to Belfry on the win. I really look for Belfry to beat Johnson Central, and make it to Louisville.
jetpilot Wrote:I couldn't go to the game because of work, but I was going to listen to the game on the radio.

Pikeville has a stud RB, Daniel Harmon, who is possibly the best RB in the mountains.

I turned the radio off.
hahah that made me laugh. Why in the hell would the coaches not give harmon the ball the first six plays?? He would get the ball 80% of the time for any team (in single A)!
Crossbones Wrote:Agreed!! I do have a ? for Pikeville fans. How do you think Belfry would match up against Lexingtion Catholic? Isn't that who you all played a while back. An honest answer if you would please, not just something to cut on Belfry.Smile Wink Pro's and Con's. Thanks.

I'll answer since no one else will. Football is a game where a team can take advantages of individual matchups and exploit the other team. That's why the equation "Team A beat Team B, and Team B beat Team C, so Team A has to be better than Team C" doesn't hold true at all.

From what I've seen and heard about LexCath is that they are loaded with athletes, and they like to spread the ball around. Belfry is inexperienced in the secondary and not overly athletic, so I think LexCath would definitely try to attack them. I don't know who'd win, but I'd love it if these Pirates could face a team like LC before the playoffs begin but its not gonna happen.

Anyways, the domination of Pikeville surprised me tonight, almost as much as it tickled me.
jetpilot Wrote:I couldn't go to the game because of work, but I was going to listen to the game on the radio.

I turned the radio off.
Harmon finished with 8 carries for right around 60 yards, with 39 of it coming on his last carry against the Belfry JV.

Against Belfry's varsity defense Harmon had 7 carries for about 21 yards... 7 CARRIES! That is redciulous! From what I saw though, you can credit missing about 6-8 more of those carrries from Tim Honaker's decision to keep when going through his progressions. That's also whyHarmon had zero carries the first two posessions.
Swelling in the knee was down when he left, but stii couldn't put a lot of weight on it. Probably a strain
My gosh..Don't know if this says alot about Belfry or if this says alot about Pikeville! But I do know one thing it sounds like..TOTAL DOMINATION FROM THE PIRATES LASTNIGHT!! Congrats Big Red!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Harmon finished with 8 carries for right around 60 yards, with 39 of it coming on his last carry against the Belfry JV.

Against Belfry's varsity defense Harmon had 7 carries for about 21 yards... 7 CARRIES! That is redciulous! From what I saw though, you can credit missing about 6-8 more of those carrries from Tim Honaker's decision to keep when going through his progressions. That's also whyHarmon had zero carries the first two posessions.
From my perspective, I honestly believe it wouldn't have mattered how many times Harmon got the ball. It would have been the same outcome. Belfry completely shut the running game down. I'm a fan of Harmon, But he is NOT the best running back in the mountains. I'm not saying Belfry has the best either, but if Harmon was the best in the mountains, he would have showed it no matter the competition IMO. In Harmon's defence, he did go down with an injury in the second quarter ( I believe ) and didn't return for a while.
well I figured Belfry would beat Pikeville, but not this bad! Congrats to the Pirates and to Coach Haywood!! Belfry will beat Johnson Central.
Belfry proved tonight that they are the real deal this year... I was very impressed with Belfry... BUT, if Belfry's secondary doesny start playing better, if we play a true passing team in state we are in trouble... BTW, I cant wait to see what "old timer" has to say...lol...
Crossbones Wrote:Yes, I did see the change up and even said to my Dad, I believe this might be a ballgame now. And then something changed again and I couldn't figure what it was. Do you think Pikeville just got outcoached or Belfry's D won the game?
Same thing I thought. Belfry's D definately won this game. You can't win if you can't score! Also I loved how that one that Timmy fumbled went about 20 yards then out of ounds lol. Does anyone know how many plays Pikeville ran inside of Belfry's side of the field before the 4th? I can think of maybe 3.
Crossbones Wrote:Agreed!! I do have a ? for Pikeville fans. How do you think Belfry would match up against Lexingtion Catholic? Isn't that who you all played a while back. An honest answer if you would please, not just something to cut on Belfry.Smile Wink Pro's and Con's. Thanks.

well they shut us out 36-6 at home. Belfry is looking really good this year. Since the Pirates have an outstanding Defense. All they need to do is stop L Cath's running back #30. Hes black and one of the fastest guys ive ever seen. They seem to pass when you think run so u gotta be aware. But their defense isnt that great, Pikeville broke at least 4 or 5
30+ yard runs 1 on 1 and fumbled it. Also inside the 20 twice. IMO if Belfry played L Cath at Home and filled the stands. Belfry could hang right with them. Maybe even an upset. Someone should get Coach Haywood on the phone
If...Then Wrote:well they shut us out 36-6 at home. Belfry is looking really good this year. Since the Pirates have an outstanding Defense. All they need to do is stop L Cath's running back #30. Hes black and one of the fastest guys ive ever seen. They seem to pass when you think run so u gotta be aware. But their defense isnt that great, Pikeville broke at least 4 or 5
30+ yard runs 1 on 1 and fumbled it. Also inside the 20 twice. IMO if Belfry played L Cath at Home and filled the stands. Belfry could hang right with them. Maybe even an upset. Someone should get Coach Haywood on the phone
Thanks for the honest reply. I have not seen L Cath play and was basically trying to get an evaluation of Belfry by comparing games so to speak. I believe Belfry could stop the run, but the secondary is somewhat suspect IMO at this point. I was confused as to why Pikeville didn't air it out a little more. Seemed to work at times for them and they were moving the chains better in the air.
Congrats Pirates on a great win. There are no words to desribe what a great defense we have. Coach Mickey knows his defense! I feel there will be lots of skulls passed out come Monday afternoon. Update on May.........a possible type II strain is all! WHEW! He could be ready to play again in 3 weeks (Sheldon Clark.) Total domination last night is all that can be said.
Crossbones Wrote:Thanks for the honest reply. I have not seen L Cath play and was basically trying to get an evaluation of Belfry by comparing games so to speak. I believe Belfry could stop the run, but the secondary is somewhat suspect IMO at this point. I was confused as to why Pikeville didn't air it out a little more. Seemed to work at times for them and they were moving the chains better in the air.

why is belfrys kicker the size of a lineman? and it looked to me he took his foot about half way back. Coach J told us he was confident in his backfield. I was also, so we left it to them but the Belfry D was to good. And airing it out a junior who has never played football in his life against the #1 or 2 school in 3A now isnt it? And Tim Honaker had about 2 seconds to get rid of the ball when it was snapped before being hit by red. I even counted

I was also shocked by the way that some of the fans acted. Mostly the teens. me and my friends couldnt even go to the concession stand without being looked at meanly or verbally abused. One girl took my friends hat off and threw it on the ground and stomped on it then began cussing at him. Made me really mad but i knew i couldnt get into anything in that situation at an away game or god knows what might of happened. I felt like a fish in an ocean of sharks....
I watched the LCath game and Pikeville hyonestly could have kept it close, but it just didn't work out, some key mistakes.
Belfry secondary isnt that bad, they just wasn't very focused on the pass lastnight, they did good against Corbin, that is the weakest point for Belfry but its not that bad, especialy when they D-Line gets pressure.
If...Then Wrote:why is belfrys kicker the size of a lineman? and it looked to me he took his foot about half way back. Coach J told us he was confident in his backfield. I was also, so we left it to them but the Belfry D was to good. And airing it out a junior who has never played football in his life against the #1 or 2 school in 3A now isnt it? And Tim Honaker had about 2 seconds to get rid of the ball when it was snapped before being hit by red. I even counted

I was also shocked by the way that some of the fans acted. Mostly the teens. me and my friends couldnt even go to the concession stand without being looked at meanly or verbally abused. One girl took my friends hat off and threw it on the ground and stomped on it then began cussing at him. Made me really mad but i knew i couldnt get into anything in that situation at an away game or god knows what might of happened. I felt like a fish in an ocean of sharks....
I hate too hear that happened with the fans. Completely uncalled for. You should have reported her to the police, they were several officers standing around. As for being looked at meanly, I don't know how to answer that. I've never been looked at meanly. I'm sorry you didn't feel welcome at Belfry. One ? though, would you have felt different if the score was reversed? As for the kicker, he is a lineman. Very rarely in the years of Belfry football has there been a soccer style kicker.
If...Then Wrote:why is belfrys kicker the size of a lineman? and it looked to me he took his foot about half way back. Coach J told us he was confident in his backfield. I was also, so we left it to them but the Belfry D was to good. And airing it out a junior who has never played football in his life against the #1 or 2 school in 3A now isnt it? And Tim Honaker had about 2 seconds to get rid of the ball when it was snapped before being hit by red. I even counted

HEY... I was in the concession and standing RIGHT outside of it ALL night... I didn't see this!! You should have told an officer. They definatly don't allow that type of behavior!! BUT I have to add... there were a few from P'ville making little comments as well. Especially to the younger ones. I know trash talk is ALL about a game but I guess it went both ways last night. Overall though it seemed to go very well.... Not bad at all!!!
Crossbones Wrote:I hate too hear that happened with the fans. Completely uncalled for. You should have reported her to the police, they were several officers standing around. As for being looked at meanly, I don't know how to answer that. I've never been looked at meanly. I'm sorry you didn't feel welcome at Belfry. One ? though, would you have felt different if the score was reversed? As for the kicker, he is a lineman. Very rarely in the years of Belfry football has there been a soccer style kicker.

my luck they would've just said we dont handle that kind of situation...Like when ur mad at someone and u walk by and give them the kill ya later look...I would've felt alot different actually, using scoreboard to every belfry person that did that. But we were just standing there in the middle of belfry with only 1 comeback. and that was football is the only sport u guys can beat us at. and if we master that we own yall. That was used about 5 or 6 times. lol - He kicks soccer style? from my view it looked like he was kicking in a straight line.
phs1986 Wrote:HEY... I was in the concession and standing RIGHT outside of it ALL night... I didn't see this!! You should have told an officer. They definatly don't allow that type of behavior!! BUT I have to add... there were a few from P'ville making little comments as well. Especially to the younger ones. I know trash talk is ALL about a game but I guess it went both ways last night. Overall though it seemed to go very well.... Not bad at all!!!

I was on the scene once when one of our guys said something to a belfry person but it was about the middle school game the night before.

yea it is all about the game but also IN the game! LOL
If...Then Wrote:I was on the scene once when one of our guys said something to a belfry person but it was about the middle school game the night before.

yea it is all about the game but also IN the game! LOL

OH YEAH... mine was on the field during the middle school game.... there was A LOT said on the field!! LOLOL...
yea thats what i heard. lol

i have a question about the middle school so look in the pikeville 24 belfry 8 thread for me
Congrats Pirates on another win....Great win
Geez, I didnt think it would be this bad...Congrats Pirates!
If...Then Wrote:my luck they would've just said we dont handle that kind of situation...Like when ur mad at someone and u walk by and give them the kill ya later look...I would've felt alot different actually, using scoreboard to every belfry person that did that. But we were just standing there in the middle of belfry with only 1 comeback. and that was football is the only sport u guys can beat us at. and if we master that we own yall. That was used about 5 or 6 times. lol - He kicks soccer style? from my view it looked like he was kicking in a straight line.
He does kick in a straight line. I was saying that there have been very few soccer style kickers at Belfry.