Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bud Mackey Arrested On Cocaine Charges
Tailback44 Wrote:Will Bud be playing for Scott County this year or not?

99% no.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I doubt he will be playing period anymore, I say he will see Jail Time, don't think they will trial him as a Juvenile where is 18 years of age, so he is pretty much done for, but remember Innocent until proven Guilty.
Here is the read up on his situation.

When news broke that Scott County basketball star Bud Mackey had been arrested on drug charges last week, it sent shockwaves throughout the state....

http://fieldsnotes.wordpress.com/

You will have to scroll down a little bit to get to his story.
He'll prolly end up at Pikeville...
Redneck Wrote:He'll prolly end up at Pikeville...
How do you figure this?
This is just another example of what some teens have to go through in life. I've heard several stories where some have had to sell drugs to keep money around for the familiy. Its just a shame that anyone would have to go through something like that. It was definitely a dumb mistake, but home life has alot do with this. I guarantee it. I just hope there is a lesson learned by all high school athletes. Do what is right. You can learn from others mistakes, just don't make them yourself.
Godspeed Wrote:This is just another example of what some teens have to go through in life. I've heard several stories where some have had to sell drugs to keep money around for the familiy. Its just a shame that anyone would have to go through something like that. It was definitely a dumb mistake, but home life has alot do with this. I guarantee it. I just hope there is a lesson learned by all high school athletes. Do what is right. You can learn from others mistakes, just don't make them yourself.

Well put.
Godspeed Wrote:How do you figure this?

It was a joke, you know, haha...
^^^
That was completely uncalled for and inappropriate.

Please refrain from unnecesary slams against undeserving teams.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:^^^
That was completely uncalled for and inappropriate.

Please refrain from unnecesary slams against undeserving teams.

What is your deal? Every time I say somethin about PC and the basketball program you say it's "uncalled for". Did you know a couple of PC's basketball players went to jail over summer? Did you know another one of em went to jail just a couple weeks ago? Bet you didn't know that did ya. You can say what you want, but Wells still has his fair share of bad apples in that program and that won't change in the future.
Redneck Wrote:What is your deal? Every time I say somethin about PC and the basketball program you say it's "uncalled for". Did you know a couple of PC's basketball players went to jail over summer? Did you know another one of em went to jail just a couple weeks ago? Bet you didn't know that did ya. You can say what you want, but Wells still has his fair share of bad apples in that program and that won't change in the future.

That was uncalled for Redneck. Don't single out the basketball team, they have those problems in every sport except the baseball team and a few girls sports. I'd say its a toss up between the bowling team and the basketball team as to who the bigger touble makers are up on that campus.
well hell were singling out bud mackey and scott co. basketball & slamming them, whats the restriction on pikeville.. we can't talk about pikeville?
Every College has its discipline problems and I don't think Pikeville's is any worse than any other schools. Coach Wells is a good coach and a great guy, but no one can control what the players do off the court.
Redneck pointed out his opinion, whether it was right or wrong one person had already told him it wasn't so there is no need for everyone else to jump his case.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Every College has its discipline problems and I don't think Pikeville's is any worse than any other schools. Coach Wells is a good coach and a great guy, but no one can control what the players do off the court.

if they are getting in trouble with the law, they can be diciplined, and in a manner thats just not a slap on the hand, but real dicipline.. he may be lacking in that.. i mean come on this isnt mason co. anymore, college students should have a better idea how to act. If your found guilty you shouldnt have a scholarship anymore.
I wasn't slamming Redneck if that's what everyone thinks. It was a spoof on his comment. I'm sure he got a chuckle out of it.
GRIZZ Wrote:That was uncalled for Redneck. Don't single out the basketball team, they have those problems in every sport except the baseball team and a few girls sports. I'd say its a toss up between the bowling team and the basketball team as to who the bigger touble makers are up on that campus.

:thatsfunn
GRIZZ Wrote:I wasn't slamming Redneck if that's what everyone thinks. It was a spoof on his comment. I'm sure he got a chuckle out of it.

Smile Yeah I did...
What an idiot
coolcat Wrote:What an idiot

Exactly. The kid don't realize what he threw away gettin caught up in this crap. I'm guessin since IU is losin one scholarship for next year for recruitin violations, Mackey's scholarship will be the one they terminate.
Who on here wouldn't mind seeing him walk-on at Kentucky?

I'm the type of person who doesn't mind giving people second chances.
Mackey pleaded not guilty to felony drug charges according to the Indianapolis Star.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../710170438

Prelimanary hearing it set for November the 6th.
I also heard that his scholarship was revoked by Indiana.

-STATS- Wrote:Mackey pleaded not guilty to felony drug charges according to the Indianapolis Star.

Smile How did I miss this?? I dont care what anybody says, thats some funny stuff..
lol..at first when I read that, I was like..."please Grizz, say it aint so!"..then I got to the bowling team part and breathed a sigh of relief..Smile
GRIZZ Wrote:I wasn't slamming Redneck if that's what everyone thinks. It was a spoof on his comment. I'm sure he got a chuckle out of it.
-STATS- Wrote:Mackey pleaded not guilty to felony drug charges according to the Indianapolis Star.

If he was caught in the act how in the hell is he gonna plead not guilty, lol. I guess he can say it wasn't his like O.J. Mayo did and get away with it.
Has anyone heard about whether Indiana has revoked his offer? Also... what is his family life like? Does he come from a family with financial problems? I'm just trying to make sense of this all. Was he trying to help his family in the only way he could or was he being greedy and trying to live the high life? There has to be more to it.
I just read where Mackey had only verbally commited to IU, so he hadn't even signed yet.
Ref Devil Wrote:Has anyone heard about whether Indiana has revoked his offer? Also... what is his family life like? Does he come from a family with financial problems? I'm just trying to make sense of this all. Was he trying to help his family in the only way he could or was he being greedy and trying to live the high life? There has to be more to it.

From what I've heard he is not the richest kid at Scott County High School. I heard his family had financial problems, and some think he sold drugs so his family could have money. If its true than thats sad, and basketball was the only way out in his case.
Wasted talent- it's a shame!!!!