Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Pikeville
I'll take P-burg. Pikeville really hasn't impressed me with who they have played all year.
EASports12 Wrote:No one on this Pikeville team has lost to Pburg in their high school careers. Pikeville will want to redeem themselves after their loss to Belfry.

Pikeville - 22
Prestonsburg - 14

How does beating Prestonsburg "redeem" Pikeville from their loss to Belfry??
Yeah and Pikeville only lost by 4 last year to Belfry. Where's the difference in that? Last year doesn't mean crap, as you can tell by Pikeville's wonderful outing against Belfry this year. It's obvious Pikeville is not the team it was last year.

Prestonsburg held Breathitt Co., who need I remind you is 3rd in class 3A, to 12 points and had a shot to win at the end of the game. Also, this game was played at Breathitt Co. Then this past weekend, Prestonsburg was 3 points down with 3 minutes left in the game to powerhouse Beechwood, and do to some unfortunate circumstances, lost that game. The final score does not indicate what kind of game it actually was.

And you better watch how you talk about Paintsville because they have lost the same amount of games as Pikeville. So beating Pikeville must be as unimpressive as beating Paintsville then huh?
Why can't Tim play??

Pikeville - 30
P.Burg - 19
BCF4L Wrote:Yeah and Pikeville only lost by 4 last year to Belfry. Where's the difference in that? Last year doesn't mean crap, as you can tell by Pikeville's wonderful outing against Belfry this year. It's obvious Pikeville is not the team it was last year.

Prestonsburg held Breathitt Co., who need I remind you is 3rd in class 3A, to 12 points and had a shot to win at the end of the game. Also, this game was played at Breathitt Co. Then this past weekend, Prestonsburg was 3 points down with 3 minutes left in the game to powerhouse Beechwood, and do to some unfortunate circumstances, lost that game. The final score does not indicate what kind of game it actually was.

And you better watch how you talk about Paintsville because they have lost the same amount of games as Pikeville.

Paintsville started out the season with Allen Central, Phelps, Betsy Layne and South Floyd. What did you think their record would be? They won't win another game. And if you are comparing P'burg and Belfry you will be real sad Friday, lol...

Pikeville has handled Prestonsburg with ease the last three years in a row. And like another poster pointed out, nobody on this Pikeville team has ever lost to Prestonsburg. I'm just not sold that now all of the sudden P'burg is twice as good as they have been and Pikeville suddenly isn't any good. We shall see Friday, I'm done here and all our talk won't matter on the field.:devilflam
If...Then Wrote:Why can't Tim play??

Pikeville - 30
P.Burg - 19

Tim will play.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:How does beating Prestonsburg "redeem" Pikeville from their loss to Belfry??

You know, kinda like you fail one test and then pass the next one, you redeem yourself.
jetpilot Wrote:You know, kinda like you fail one test and then pass the next one, you redeem yourself.

So you see P-Burg and Belfry as the same type test??

Please.....
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:So you see P-Burg and Belfry as the same type test??

Please.....

Please. The test is to win the game, period. And this thread is about Pikeville and Prestonsburg.
BCF4L Wrote:Yeah and Pikeville only lost by 4 last year to Belfry. Where's the difference in that? Last year doesn't mean crap, as you can tell by Pikeville's wonderful outing against Belfry this year. It's obvious Pikeville is not the team it was last year.

And you better watch how you talk about Paintsville because they have lost the same amount of games as Pikeville. So beating Pikeville must be as unimpressive as beating Paintsville then huh?

I think they are going to be better than last years team. However, I think Prestonsburg is a lot better too. It will be a great game!
Look at who Pikeville has played. They have played the same exact teams that Paintsville has. The teams Pikeville has beaten this year have a combined record of 9-23. The teams Paintsville has beaten this year have a combined record of 6-20. Not exactly world beaters on either side. The teams that have defeated Pikeville have a combined record of 12-1. The teams that have defeated Paintsville have a combined record of 10-3.

The average margin of defeat by Paintsville is less than Pikeville. Pikeville has lost their games by an average of 37 points, and Paintsville by an average of 31.

So don't start talking about Paintsville having a cookie cutter schedule, because if you had any knowledge at all about football, you would notice Pikeville and Paintsville have played the same teams with the exception of 1 team (other than the teams both have lost to).
BCF4L Wrote:Look at who Pikeville has played. They have played the same exact teams that Paintsville has. The teams Pikeville has beaten this year have a combined record of 9-23. The teams Paintsville has beaten this year have a combined record of 6-20. Not exactly world beaters on either side. The teams that have defeated Pikeville have a combined record of 12-1. The teams that have defeated Paintsville have a combined record of 10-3.

The average margin of defeat by Paintsville is less than Pikeville. Pikeville has lost their games by an average of 37 points, and Paintsville by an average of 31.

So don't start talking about Paintsville having a cookie cutter schedule, because if you had any knowledge at all about football, you would notice Pikeville and Paintsville have played the same teams with the exception of 1 team (other than the teams both have lost to).

What? Please. Like I said, who didn't know Paintsville would start out 4-0???
Again, it's a simple concept that they won't win another game. What part are you disagreeing with? Paintsville is way way down, and has been for a while. Don't know what part of my football knowledge is lacking, lol.

The exact same teams? Prestonsburg is the only common opponent out of district, and that game hasn't been played yet. So no common opponents out of district, lol.
Does Paintsville play Louisville Holy Cross? Ashland? Belfry? Lexington Catholic? Um, no.
jetpilot Wrote:Please. The test is to win the game, period. And this thread is about Pikeville and Prestonsburg.

You're the one who mentioned Pikeville "redeeming themselves from the Belfry loss" with a win over P-burg. Not me.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:You're the one who mentioned Pikeville "redeeming themselves from the Belfry loss" with a win over P-burg. Not me.

No I didn't.
BCF4L Wrote:Look at who Pikeville has played. They have played the same exact teams that Paintsville has. The teams Pikeville has beaten this year have a combined record of 9-23. The teams Paintsville has beaten this year have a combined record of 6-20. Not exactly world beaters on either side. The teams that have defeated Pikeville have a combined record of 12-1. The teams that have defeated Paintsville have a combined record of 10-3.

One other thing, the Paintsville/Pikeville game will get real ugly next week.Wink
jetpilot Wrote:No I didn't.

You're right...another poster did.
jetpilot Wrote:Tim will play.

I talked to a bunch of the players that said he won't play because of a concussion but I hope he will.
jetpilot Wrote:One other thing, the Paintsville/Pikeville game will get real ugly next week.Wink
I don't doubt that one bit. I'm not saying that Paintsville is as good as Pikeville. As a matter of fact, I don't even know how we got on the conversation of Paintsville. Smile
Panther Thunder Wrote:I talked to a bunch of the players that said he won't play because of a concussion but I hope he will.

Maybe I got bad info.
jetpilot Wrote:Maybe I got bad info.

As of right now Blake Branham will be the starting QB.
Pikeville
How did Honaker get the concussion? In the S.Floyd game?
Buc-a-roo Wrote:How did Honaker get the concussion? In the S.Floyd game?
No, he didnt even dress for the South Floyd game.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:No, he didnt even dress for the South Floyd game.

In the Belfry game then? Or practice?

I don't remember him getting hurt in the Belfry game.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:You're the one who mentioned Pikeville "redeeming themselves from the Belfry loss" with a win over P-burg. Not me.
No, I did. Pikeville will redeem themselves by beating a good Pburg team after getting embarassed by a very good Belfry team 2 weeks ago.
BurntTires Wrote:Pikeville

Have you picked Prestonsburg to win one game this year?
launchpad4 Wrote:I'll take P-burg. Pikeville really hasn't impressed me with who they have played all year.
Which team's schedule has impressed you then? Surely not Prestonsburg - i mean Breathit and Beechwood are good, but not as good as Belfry or LexCath.
I think you would be suprised, I'm not saying they're better, but I would bet that Beechwood could play with both of those teams. I would love to see Prestonsburg and Belfry play this year.
jetpilot Wrote:Paintsville started out the season with Allen Central, Phelps, Betsy Layne and South Floyd. What did you think their record would be? They won't win another game. And if you are comparing P'burg and Belfry you will be real sad Friday, lol...

Pikeville has handled Prestonsburg with ease the last three years in a row. And like another poster pointed out, nobody on this Pikeville team has ever lost to Prestonsburg. I'm just not sold that now all of the sudden P'burg is twice as good as they have been and Pikeville suddenly isn't any good. We shall see Friday, I'm done here and all our talk won't matter on the field.:devilflam

Why do you keep bringing up the past 3 years. Thats history, and this game is this year. P-burg is alot better this year, with 2 great backs in Craynon and Setser and and very quick defense that is going to make it rough on Pikeville offense. So get all of the "no one on pikeville has lost to Prestonsburg" and "pikeville has handles prestonsburg with ease the past 3 years" out of your system because all of that will end friday unless Pikeville as some extra players out there in stripe shirts and hats. Pburg by 2 td's.
Prestonburg-28
Pikeville-26