Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 36 Raceland 7
(11-27-2021, 12:46 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Well I’ve said for 2 months that I thought Hazard may have been the second best team in the East, and I think I was rig

CONFIRMED
Pikeville was just better than everyone else in 1A this year. Raceland and Hazard would have been a good game but who cares. Probably would have had to combine Raceland, Hazard, and Paintsville to field a roster that could beat Pikeville.
I thought Raceland would give Pikeville a better game. Pikeville played one of their best games yet and proved no one in 1A can hold them down. Will not surprise me to see them win championship game with a running clock early 3rd quarter. I see Birchfield being MVP with big numbers.
I agree with a lot that’s already been said. Pikeville is better at every position on the field then the Rams. I knew that gong in and I felt it would take a off night by Pikeville for Raceland to have a chance. I agree with the strength of schedule but I’ve been complaining about that for years. Raceland is a program more interested in winning 10 games a year and making papaw and Mamaw happy …a long with mom and dad sitting in the stands. The only thing I can say about coaching is….why do we think we have the ability to cover someone one on one? Why do most high school coaches believe this? It’s been a sore spot with me for years. But there’s no need in going into all that. This is probably the best Pikeville team I’ve seen and they played a helluva a schedule. Enjoy next week Pikeville fans and make sure the kids absorb every second of it
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Grand Am Fan, Patriot1
(11-27-2021, 11:56 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I agree with a lot that’s already been said. Pikeville is better at every position on the field then the Rams. I knew that gong in and I felt it would take a off night by Pikeville for Raceland to have a chance. I agree with the strength of schedule but I’ve been complaining about that for years. Raceland is a program more interested in winning 10 games a year and making papaw and Mamaw  happy …a long with mom and dad sitting in the stands. The only thing I can say about coaching is….why do we think we have the ability to cover someone one on one? Why do most high school coaches believe this? It’s been a sore spot with me for years. But there’s no need in going into all that. This is probably the best Pikeville team I’ve seen and they played a helluva a schedule. Enjoy next week Pikeville fans and make sure the kids absorb every second of it

Sammons has been at Raceland six years and they have nothing to show for it but a bunch of wins and good records. Raceland has the talent pool and they have the support for the program so it’s just odd for them to never take the next step.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Raceland had a lot of sophomores playing big roles last night, if they don't breakthrough and play for a state title in 2022 or 2023 then the 0'fer moniker could live on for a while.
I’ll say this and leave it alone. If you see a Raceland team playing in the state championship you better get there to see them play. One of two things have to happen. One….competition is way down and you might see the Rams get their first title or two….it’s the best 1A football team you’ve ever seen. The quality of coaching just isn’t there to ever “coach” a big game victory. Raceland will have to be so good tgat the kids just go out and win no matter how bad the coaching is. Now…that being said there is nothing that Salmons could’ve done to change the out come of last nights game. For the Ram fans that are able to look outside of the orange tinted glasses knows what I’m saying….hell even you none Raceland fans know what I’m saying. Raceland is just a high quality football program where a kid is going to enjoy their time there and make lots of great memories and in the end….that’s what it’s all about. I’ve said it 100 times and I’ll say it now. I would rather lose with our kids then win with someone else’s kids. Still proud of my little school and always will be. I’m just that one Ram fan that can talk about things that most Ram fans don’t wanna discuss.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Raceland will never win a state title as long as Salmons remains at Raceland and McNamee at Pikeville. Maybe Raceland wins a title if McNamee leaves Pikeville, but I doubt it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ramcat77's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(11-27-2021, 01:03 PM)Ramcat77 Wrote: Raceland will never win a state title as long as Salmons remains at Raceland and McNamee at Pikeville. Maybe Raceland wins a title if McNamee leaves Pikeville, but I doubt it.
Look at this old fart coming out of retirement hahah
How many total carries did #2 have last night? That kid can play. He probably should’ve had twice the number of carries that he actually had.
(11-27-2021, 01:25 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: How many total carries did #2 have last night? That kid can play. He probably should’ve had twice the number of carries that he actually had.

I would say 5
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-27-2021, 01:25 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: How many total carries did #2 have last night? That kid can play. He probably should’ve had twice the number of carries that he actually had.
Rams spent the whole night on defense. Idk if there was many more offensive plays to be had where he could’ve ran more. Yes he can play and he’s a sophomore
(11-27-2021, 12:46 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Well I’ve said for 2 months that I thought Hazard may have been the second best team in the East, and I think I was right.

I do think Pikeville opened up their offense more last night than both of the Hazard games and when they have both the passing game and running game going like they did last night it just simply takes the Panthers to another level but having said that I do believe Hazard was the 2nd best team in the East this season and maybe Class A depending on how the Russellville-Pikeville game plays out.  I was very impressed with the Hazard QB, I was very surprised to hear he was just a freshman...Hazard is gonna be a hand full the next few years no doubt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFAN's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(11-27-2021, 01:09 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 01:03 PM)Ramcat77 Wrote: Raceland will never win a state title as long as Salmons remains at Raceland and McNamee at Pikeville. Maybe Raceland wins a title if McNamee leaves Pikeville, but I doubt it.
Look at this old fart coming out of retirement hahah
Yes and I’ll be here every year at this time to remind y’all of this fact.
No other school in this entire area has a number of holdbacks even remotely close to Raceland. Not to mention recruits coming in and holding back too. That’s is an undeniable fact. The entire sophomore class should be seniors next year. For those that don’t know or may have forgotten. 10 6th grade football kids were held back just from Raceland 5 years ago. They are now “sophomores “
Please try to prove me wrong on anything I’ve said
(11-27-2021, 03:23 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: No other school in this entire area has a number of holdbacks even remotely close to Raceland.  Not to mention recruits coming in and holding back too.  That’s is an undeniable fact.  The entire sophomore class should be seniors next year.  For those that don’t know or may have forgotten.    10 6th grade football kids were held back just from Raceland 5 years ago.  They are now “sophomores “

You keep saying prove me wrong. But I guarantee no one really cares enough to
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • PHSFAN, Slic Ric
(11-27-2021, 03:23 PM)Beagle1 Wrote: No other school in this entire area has a number of holdbacks even remotely close to Raceland.  Not to mention recruits coming in and holding back too.  That’s is an undeniable fact.  The entire sophomore class should be seniors next year.  For those that don’t know or may have forgotten.    10 6th grade football kids were held back just from Raceland 5 years ago.  They are now “sophomores “

Yeah, I really doubt this. Been involved with Eastern Ky sports for a very long time. Holding back is not something new to the area, everyone does it.
Do your homework. 100% true
Really? Has this thread really devolved into a discussion of how many holdbacks the losing team had? Please, enough already!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
That’s your opinion woman. But you still haven’t said I’m wrong. Facts are facts.
(11-27-2021, 01:38 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

I would say 5

no kidding after watching that film #2 is a SOLID back. That kid runs hard and is tough to bring down. If you had a speed back mixed with him it would be tough to stop. I respect the Rams, they are up and coming and will probably be the next GOOD team in 1A. I think they have accelerated over Paintsville and will play Pikeville every year from here on out.
No one in Class A since the change to 6 classes wants to play Pikeville now. Period.
I went back and rewatched the game because I didn’t watch it to well Friday because of flipping between all the other games. But Raceland really didn’t do anything except the couple runs by Wallace and a pass play or two. Raceland doesn’t score if Carson Wright doesn’t give them a gift. Raceland has a chance to be special if they put in the work and preparation for next year. They need to be hungry and want it!! With what they have returning anything less than a trip to Kroger field is a loss for them in my eyes..

Pikeville got penalized a lot in this game with procedure penalties and they will need to work on those for the title game. They got away with those in the first 3 rounds, but this past crew of officials called them and they will be called the same way in the title game. The good thing about the title game is Russellville’s strength is the pass Pikeville is a running team. So when Pikeville does pass the need to convert because there secondary/defense have 23 interceptions on the season. I see the matchup as Power vs Speed
NOBODY..GIVES..A..SHIT………

Now run along junior, your mommy probably has breakfast ready for ya upstairs. After breakfast, she’s drawn a warm bath for ya with your favorite bubbles.
[-] The following 2 users Like Redneck's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Slic Ric
Big Grin
(11-28-2021, 06:19 AM)bac2369 Wrote: I went back and rewatched the game because I didn’t watch it to well Friday because of flipping between all the other games. But Raceland really didn’t do anything except the couple runs by Wallace and a pass play or two. Raceland doesn’t score if Carson Wright doesn’t give them a gift. Raceland has a chance to be special if they put in the work and preparation for next year. They need to be hungry and want it!! With what they have returning anything less than a trip to Kroger field is a loss for them in my eyes..

Pikeville got penalized a lot in this game with procedure penalties and they will need to work on those for the title game. They got away with those in the first 3 rounds, but this past crew of officials  called them and they will be called the same way in the title game. The good thing about the title game is Russellville’s strength is the pass Pikeville is a running team. So when Pikeville does pass the need to convert because there secondary/defense have 23 interceptions on the season. I see the matchup as Power vs Speed
Pikeville has a unique combination of strength, size, speed, and numbers for a 1A school. I haven’t seen Russellville but I have seen Pikeville a few times this season. In my opinion this game will be similar to Raceland I’ll say 35-17
[-] The following 1 user Likes MountainMusic's post:
  • Redneck
Good lord. I will say it. Beagle1 you are wrong!!! Are you right about the hold backs? YUP. Are you right about transfers? YUP. Are you right about transfers holding back? YUP. Are you wrong that its this big illegal and catastrophic event that will collapse the program into shambles and ruins and everyone is scared of that? HELL YES YOU ARE. Because we are doing nothing more than what other programs are doing and have been doing for years. Everything that THE KHSAA ALLOWS. Go take a gander at the 1A title thread and look at the post about Russellville. Russellville has like 5 or 6 transfers from Logan Co and a cluster of supplemental hold backs, which cannon balled them into relevance again in the matter of 1 off season. So if your goina cry about the transfers and hold backs...start a thread about it. But get over it going on at Raceland. Thats the only reason your puckered up over sour grapes. Run along now...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(11-27-2021, 01:40 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
Rams spent the whole night on defense. Idk if there was many more offensive plays to be had where he could’ve ran more. Yes he can play and he’s a sophomore

#2 - 10 carries for 51 yards