Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. Middle School Athletics = unorganized?
askMadden Wrote:In Floyd Co. you are only allowed to play 4 years High School. If you play up in 8th grade you loose one year while in High School.

If this is not a rule now it has changed in the last 6 months.

There are quite a few Floyd County athletes who have played up on the High School teams as both 7th and 8th graders. They DID NOT lose a year of eligibility, as your "4 year clock" starts ticking when you are promoted from the 8th grade. In the past 3 years ACHS, SFHS, and BLHS have all had middle school athletes on their high school rosters. Josh Prater started a few Varsity Basketball games at ACHS as an 8th grader. Jody Tackett was on the Varisty Basketball roster at SFHS as an 8th grader. BLHS had several 8th graders playing with their Freshmen basketball team last season. AC has middle school players on their girls basketball roster right now.

There have been rule changes concerning playing up on HS teams. But these were put in place by KHSAA not the local boards. I'm not sure what "class" they will start with (possibly 2012). It is concerning student athletes playing up as middle schoolers and then going to another school for high school (without actually moving).
we all hate pikeville
mullinstiger55 Wrote:we all hate pikeville

way to use the right color and handle that in a mature way :Thumbs:
Pikeville is basically purple If...Then......haha
No there not they're maroon. You saying that is like us saying Mullins is Pink
gotcha2 Wrote:There are quite a few Floyd County athletes who have played up on the High School teams as both 7th and 8th graders. They DID NOT lose a year of eligibility, as your "4 year clock" starts ticking when you are promoted from the 8th grade. In the past 3 years ACHS, SFHS, and BLHS have all had middle school athletes on their high school rosters. Josh Prater started a few Varsity Basketball games at ACHS as an 8th grader. Jody Tackett was on the Varisty Basketball roster at SFHS as an 8th grader. BLHS had several 8th graders playing with their Freshmen basketball team last season. AC has middle school players on their girls basketball roster right now.

There have been rule changes concerning playing up on HS teams. But these were put in place by KHSAA not the local boards. I'm not sure what "class" they will start with (possibly 2012). It is concerning student athletes playing up as middle schoolers and then going to another school for high school (without actually moving).

There not really playing up becasue the kids who have been held back for what ever reason are now playing with kids their own age, and this will let the coaches know how they will be doing with kids there own age and i dont know why Everybody is making sucha big deal about this?
i say because Pikeville is an independent school
they have to much power that a county school
its plain out who has the most money can decide
what to do and sombody needs to take control of it