Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kentucky AP Rankings Class 4A 9/13
(09-14-2022, 10:55 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: I personally feel the East has the top 4 teams in the 4A but only 2 will make it out.  Whats interesting is who will survive.  Don't sleep on Lex Cath.  RPI liked them last year and they have Boyle at home.  I'm sure they are sick and tired of Boyle and will be ready ready for them.   

Even with their losses I don't see anyone that can beat Franklin County in the west.  RPI I look for Logan to get the #3 and Franklin the #4 with their losses.  That means top dog in the East would get a home game with Franklin while the #2 gets Logan County at home.

Spoken well by our former Pick em Champion....Still waiting on your picks this week...
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Rebel55, Sgt Slaughter
(09-14-2022, 12:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 10:28 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 07:56 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If there is a wide gap between any of the teams at the top, it is between Boyle County and the field. Talent-wise, Corbin is not better than last season and the coaching staff hasn't changed. 

Johnson Central's defense is at least as good as it was last season and it's running backs are better. They will need to continue taking the offense to offset losses on the OL, but this team has the potential of being as good or better than last year's team overall.
I’m in now say defending Corbin from your
statement. Because its 100% correct. But what- IMO- you’re not accounting for is this team is an actually team where was last year we had two teams on the field. One that played for the front name of the jersey and smaller team that played for the back of it. I think as of right now, that makes up for what we lost because I honestly think this team could beat last years. More heart and effort. I don’t have to even mention what you said about the coaching staff haha because we all know that. But it has gotten a little better this year. But the big thing I don’t think you account for is the loss of talent from boyle. A star QB, WR, etc. it’s a pretty substantial loss. And from what their fans say maybe a loss on the LOS. I have no doubt haddix will get what he can resolved. But they are in no way the same team as last year. Actually 4A is kinda down from years past. 

as far as JC. I’m still up in the air. You know more about them than I do so take what I say with a grain of salt. But if you have a one dimensional team, and that dimension isn’t dominant, it’s doesn’t lead to a successful recipe.
Johnson Central has been mostly one-dimensional for a long time and the recipe has been pretty successful during that period. This year's offensive line does not have the potential to be as good as last year's edition, but the state championship teams' OLs may not have been as good as last year's team had. My phone's auto-correct feature changed my statement about the need to continue "tweeking" the offense to compensate for the loss of Bingham and the other senior linemen from last year's team. By that, I mean that I think that JC will need to diversify the offense a little with a short passing game, etc., whereas last year's team was able to pretty much ignore teams' efforts to stack the box against the run.

North Laurel seems to be much improved this season but Carter Conley was averaging over 140 yards rushing a game when he left the NL game after one carry for seven yards. How many teams could lose 140 yards of total offense in their third game of the season without missing a beat? Especially a team as dependent on the running game as JC is Mason Lawson, who was JC's leading rusher when he suffered a season ending injury last year, replaced Conley in the lineup - but he had carried the ball only once this season before being inserted into the lineup against NL. People who are doubting JC based on its early one-point loss to NL seem to be ignoring the impact that the loss of Conley had on JC.

Injuries are part of the game but most teams are better at dealing with injuries later in the season after their reserves have had time to get more snaps in game situations. The biggest factor in NL's win was their new coach but losing a runner like Conley has to be taken into account when assessing Johnson Central's prospects for the season, IMO.

I also do not believe that 4A is down this season. Lexington Catholic is apparently much improved. I believe that Logan County and Greenwood are also much better than they were last year. I still think that 4A will be won by a team from the east but the teams in the west may have closed the gap some this season.
You won’t get an argument from me about JC’s success being one dimensional. But as
i said that dimension has been dominate. I’m not sure sure about this year though. 

The reason I think 4A is down this year is because of the upper echelon on teams. The top 4 are not as good as they were last year. I think that might be why the teams you mentioned closed gap some. LC might be a different story. They might just
have gotten better. Not seen them play yet. That’s why I said I’d drive to see LC and Jc play. But time will tell all things…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
I like the hire Lexington Catholic made, they are balling for what they brought back..... I do think this year 4A is not as strong as last year across the board but the same old names will be in the thick of it... Before we know it, it we will be in the playoffs, I cant belive were almost at the mid point of the regular season already...
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05, Sgt Slaughter
(09-14-2022, 02:06 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: It doesn’t matter what Corbin does or how they play , it’s unbelievable the crap so called redhounds talk. You sit there and say that this years team isn’t anywhere close to last years ( wrong ) , and they’re not as talented ( def. Wrong. ) and how the teams they played last year the beat by x amount. Who gives a crap what last years team did or didn’t do or what the scores were of certain games. If you don’t think this years team isn’t as talented or capable of winning a title you’re out of your freaking mind. Wether they do or don’t is yet to be determined, but you replace a cry baby daddy’s boy with number #2 at S/RB who’s had a helluva better year than Mills. You’ve got several receivers step up and make some damn good plays when asked. Our defense is attacking the ball. Greer is calling the D not mills. You may not like Greer but the boys have bought into it and playing like it. Our offense is getting better by the week. Great QB, dang good RB’s with combs , curry and wells which both play recover as well , o line is working their tails off , and our D is flying around. Idc what anyone says Longmire didn’t play to his potential  last year. Made plays here and there. Dakota wasn’t thrown to that much. Pikeville was a dang good team, Franklin co is good as well we just came ready to play , and Pulaski was way better this year than last and was a great team. Hell name me one team ever on any level that hasn’t had a busted play or missed tackles , line assignments, wrong read or any mistake. Yea I’m waiting. But when these boys do you really wanna sit there and say they gave up this or they gave up that. Hell yea they got room to improve but so does everyone else. I’m so freaking sick of hearing how much better Boyle is or how great haddix was. I hope and pray we get a chance to play the top dog. These boys are hungry and are playing As a TEAM. Unlike last year. So for anyone to sit and say this team hasn’t improved Talent wise from last year or isn’t as good as last years team is ridiculous!!!! Coaches are another discussion but so far Greer is doing a great job coaching the D. Elam seems to be calling the game better than last year minus a few questionable calls. But dang what coach makes the right call 100% of the time? I’m sorry but the fans on here that love the hounds when they do good and talk crap about them when they don’t pisses me off. This years team has something special. I’ve said it from day 1. Something seems different about them. Wether we make it to the ship or not I’m actually enjoying this year. Hated last year because of the drama.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion , but I’ve just read the biggest bunch of ? and couldn’t let it slide. Those boys get on here and read this crap you all put. I know for a fact my son does.  I’ve known these boys since flag football. Either get on board or jump off the freaking boat with no life  jacket!!
I don’t know if this was directed towards me or not??? But if so…. I never said this team isn’t anywhere close to last year. I did say we aren’t as talented. That’s my opinion. But the next sentence I said I would take this team and it would probably beat last years as well. And I’d take #2 I think it’s curry? Over daddy’s little cry baby every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Better team mate, plays harder. Wil actually hit someone on defense. I do think mills was better on offense but I’d still take #2!!!! I think this team is capable of winning a title, but it will be the boys that do it.  Now as far as Greer. I don’t think we’re gonna agree so I’m not even gonna try. But my opinion is, well I guess we’ll see when we face that’s even with us on the field. Like JC last year. As far as Elam. Well hell yea he’s calling better plays. His son is QB!! But not going into it because we’ll probably disagree on that as well. 

Boyle…. We’ll they’ve won the past two years so their praise is worthy in my mind. And haddix has a lot to do with. Im
sure he’d say off the record hes winning
there with less talent top to bottom than here. 

I’m behind these boys 100%. And that’s why im speaking out. If we are content with regional appearances then id shut my mouth. But we aren’t. And until we’ve got enough people to stand up and say these kids deserve better than a coach who let
an assistant and his kid ruin two of the most talented years we have, and who after JC blamed it on the kids after a horrible game plan, then they are just gonna ride it out. Forget it. And start again with the same thing. Im tired of putting someone’s failures behind us. It was two years of the same thing. What has he shown that would say the future would be any different? Omce again the reason I’m speaking out is FOR THE KIDS.
  • Bull got out!
(09-14-2022, 10:08 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I like the hire Lexington Catholic made, they are balling for what they brought back..... I do think this year 4A is not as strong as last year across the board but the same old names will be in the thick of it... Before we know it, it we will be in the playoffs, I cant belive were almost at the mid point of the regular season already...
Yep but I’m enjoying the weather.
  • Bull got out!
(09-14-2022, 09:22 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Only thing I want to see out of this Corbin group from here on out is to work on the passing game, its not like it isn't there.. I already know we can run the football....I want to see 5 Hail Marys a game....10 tight end passes...... 15 in the flats.... and 10 to the running backs in the open fields....Then I will be a happy camper....

PJDoug, Im like you I eat the hot dog without the buns.... I love popcorn...but I had rather have steak or pulled pork....

We should tailgate sometime. I'm thinking of entering and winning another cooking contest Smile .  How can I get a steel drum that is 6 feet in diameter? Can somebody make one for me? lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-14-2022, 10:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 09:22 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Only thing I want to see out of this Corbin group from here on out is to work on the passing game, its not like it isn't there.. I already know we can run the football....I want to see 5 Hail Marys a game....10 tight end passes...... 15 in the flats.... and 10 to the running backs in the open fields....Then I will be a happy camper....

PJDoug, Im like you I eat the hot dog without the buns.... I love popcorn...but I had rather have steak or pulled pork....

We should tailgate sometime. I'm thinking of entering and winning another cooking contest Smile .  How can I get a steel drum that is 6 feet in diameter? Can somebody make one for me? lol

Dang.... Thats huge, that means alot of food, Im it...... Smile I got 1 brand new food grade barrel clean if that helps you....Like new..Yes, we will...Im hungry right now...
(09-14-2022, 10:28 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 02:06 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: It doesn’t matter what Corbin does or how they play , it’s unbelievable the crap so called redhounds talk. You sit there and say that this years team isn’t anywhere close to last years ( wrong ) , and they’re not as talented ( def. Wrong. ) and how the teams they played last year the beat by x amount. Who gives a crap what last years team did or didn’t do or what the scores were of certain games. If you don’t think this years team isn’t as talented or capable of winning a title you’re out of your freaking mind. Wether they do or don’t is yet to be determined, but you replace a cry baby daddy’s boy with number #2 at S/RB who’s had a helluva better year than Mills. You’ve got several receivers step up and make some damn good plays when asked. Our defense is attacking the ball. Greer is calling the D not mills. You may not like Greer but the boys have bought into it and playing like it. Our offense is getting better by the week. Great QB, dang good RB’s with combs , curry and wells which both play recover as well , o line is working their tails off , and our D is flying around. Idc what anyone says Longmire didn’t play to his potential  last year. Made plays here and there. Dakota wasn’t thrown to that much. Pikeville was a dang good team, Franklin co is good as well we just came ready to play , and Pulaski was way better this year than last and was a great team. Hell name me one team ever on any level that hasn’t had a busted play or missed tackles , line assignments, wrong read or any mistake. Yea I’m waiting. But when these boys do you really wanna sit there and say they gave up this or they gave up that. Hell yea they got room to improve but so does everyone else. I’m so freaking sick of hearing how much better Boyle is or how great haddix was. I hope and pray we get a chance to play the top dog. These boys are hungry and are playing As a TEAM. Unlike last year. So for anyone to sit and say this team hasn’t improved Talent wise from last year or isn’t as good as last years team is ridiculous!!!! Coaches are another discussion but so far Greer is doing a great job coaching the D. Elam seems to be calling the game better than last year minus a few questionable calls. But dang what coach makes the right call 100% of the time? I’m sorry but the fans on here that love the hounds when they do good and talk crap about them when they don’t pisses me off. This years team has something special. I’ve said it from day 1. Something seems different about them. Wether we make it to the ship or not I’m actually enjoying this year. Hated last year because of the drama.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion , but I’ve just read the biggest bunch of ? and couldn’t let it slide. Those boys get on here and read this crap you all put. I know for a fact my son does.  I’ve known these boys since flag football. Either get on board or jump off the freaking boat with no life  jacket!!
I don’t know if this was directed towards me or not??? But if so…. I never said this team isn’t anywhere close to last year. I did say we aren’t as talented. That’s my opinion. But the next sentence I said I would take this team and it would probably beat last years as well. And I’d take #2 I think it’s curry? Over daddy’s little cry baby every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Better team mate, plays harder. Wil actually hit someone on defense. I do think mills was better on offense but I’d still take #2!!!! I think this team is capable of winning a title, but it will be the boys that do it.  Now as far as Greer. I don’t think we’re gonna agree so I’m not even gonna try. But my opinion is, well I guess we’ll see when we face that’s even with us on the field. Like JC last year. As far as Elam. Well hell yea he’s calling better plays. His son is QB!! But not going into it because we’ll probably disagree on that as well. 

Boyle…. We’ll they’ve won the past two years so their praise is worthy in my mind. And haddix has a lot to do with. Im

I’m behind these boys 100%. And that’s why im speaking out. If we are content with regional appearances then id shut my mouth. But we aren’t. And until we’ve got enough people to stand up and say these kids deserve better than a coach who let
an assistant and his kid ruin two of the most talented years we have, and who after JC blamed it on the kids after a horrible game plan, then they are just gonna ride it out. Forget it. And start again with the same thing. Im tired of putting someone’s failures behind us. It was two years of the same thing. What has he shown that would say the future would be any different? Omce again the reason I’m speaking out is FOR THE KIDS.
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today

I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today
(09-14-2022, 10:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 10:34 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Dang.... Thats huge, that means alot of food, Im it...... Smile I got 1 brand new food grade barrel clean if that helps you....Like new..Yes, we will...Im hungry right now...

I need a 55 gallon food grade barrel. I also need a 550 gallon one Smile
  • Bull got out!
We will have to get TDHounds to weld a bunch together....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
(09-14-2022, 10:47 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: We will have to get TDHounds to weld a bunch together....

I don't know what it will take to get it done, but I seriously need a steel drum that big to cook a whole hog in. I'm serious about tailgating too Smile
(09-14-2022, 10:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 10:47 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: We will have to get TDHounds to weld a bunch together....

I don't know what it will take to get it done, but I seriously need a steel drum that big to cook a whole hog in. I'm serious about tailgating too Smile

I can bring you the one I got anytime, you just let me know when and where... You pick a game and we will do it..
(09-14-2022, 11:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 10:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I can bring you the one I got anytime, you just let me know when and where... You pick a game and we will do it..
You're not going to use it? let me know what you want for it.
PJ. Knowing us Corbin fans on here. I’d say u could get it for freeeeeeee if you would jus wear a lil red on Fridays.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • pjdoug
(09-14-2022, 09:03 PM):Dpjdoug Wrote:

Are you my cousin? I swim like a rock. lol
Maybe hahah

Not directed at you unless the shoe fits. It was more of a statement directed at a body as a whole. I agree with some statements then disagree with some. But guess what, the sun will set and rise again( I hope). At the end of the day differences of opinions are just that. We still want the same end result. A title back in Corbin!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
Johnson Central is no longer a top 3 team in my opinion.

(09-14-2022, 07:25 AM)pjdoug Wrote: The Hounds are numero uno.

No they aren't.
Nice to see the Commodores getting a little love!
[-] The following 1 user Likes MVP2's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-15-2022, 01:33 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 09:03 PM):Dpjdoug Wrote:

Are you my cousin? I swim like a rock. lol
Maybe hahah

Not directed at you unless the shoe fits. It was more of a statement directed at a body as a whole. I agree with some statements then disagree with some. But guess what, the sun will set and rise again( I hope). At the end of the day differences of opinions are just that. We still want the same end result. A title back in Corbin!
I can agree on that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter
(09-15-2022, 01:58 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Johnson Central is no longer a top 3 team in my opinion.

(09-14-2022, 07:25 AM)pjdoug Wrote: The Hounds are numero uno.

No they aren't.

Yes, they are Smile
(09-15-2022, 12:49 PM)HighViz Wrote: PJ. Knowing us Corbin fans on here. I’d say u could get it for freeeeeeee if you would jus wear a lil red on Fridays.

I usually do wear Colonels red .lol
  • Sgt Slaughter

(09-14-2022, 10:02 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 12:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 10:28 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 07:56 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If there is a wide gap between any of the teams at the top, it is between Boyle County and the field. Talent-wise, Corbin is not better than last season and the coaching staff hasn't changed. 

Johnson Central's defense is at least as good as it was last season and it's running backs are better. They will need to continue taking the offense to offset losses on the OL, but this team has the potential of being as good or better than last year's team overall.
I’m in now say defending Corbin from your
statement. Because its 100% correct. But what- IMO- you’re not accounting for is this team is an actually team where was last year we had two teams on the field. One that played for the front name of the jersey and smaller team that played for the back of it. I think as of right now, that makes up for what we lost because I honestly think this team could beat last years. More heart and effort. I don’t have to even mention what you said about the coaching staff haha because we all know that. But it has gotten a little better this year. But the big thing I don’t think you account for is the loss of talent from boyle. A star QB, WR, etc. it’s a pretty substantial loss. And from what their fans say maybe a loss on the LOS. I have no doubt haddix will get what he can resolved. But they are in no way the same team as last year. Actually 4A is kinda down from years past. 

as far as JC. I’m still up in the air. You know more about them than I do so take what I say with a grain of salt. But if you have a one dimensional team, and that dimension isn’t dominant, it’s doesn’t lead to a successful recipe.
Johnson Central has been mostly one-dimensional for a long time and the recipe has been pretty successful during that period. This year's offensive line does not have the potential to be as good as last year's edition, but the state championship teams' OLs may not have been as good as last year's team had. My phone's auto-correct feature changed my statement about the need to continue "tweeking" the offense to compensate for the loss of Bingham and the other senior linemen from last year's team. By that, I mean that I think that JC will need to diversify the offense a little with a short passing game, etc., whereas last year's team was able to pretty much ignore teams' efforts to stack the box against the run.

North Laurel seems to be much improved this season but Carter Conley was averaging over 140 yards rushing a game when he left the NL game after one carry for seven yards. How many teams could lose 140 yards of total offense in their third game of the season without missing a beat? Especially a team as dependent on the running game as JC is Mason Lawson, who was JC's leading rusher when he suffered a season ending injury last year, replaced Conley in the lineup - but he had carried the ball only once this season before being inserted into the lineup against NL. People who are doubting JC based on its early one-point loss to NL seem to be ignoring the impact that the loss of Conley had on JC.

Injuries are part of the game but most teams are better at dealing with injuries later in the season after their reserves have had time to get more snaps in game situations. The biggest factor in NL's win was their new coach but losing a runner like Conley has to be taken into account when assessing Johnson Central's prospects for the season, IMO.

I also do not believe that 4A is down this season. Lexington Catholic is apparently much improved. I believe that Logan County and Greenwood are also much better than they were last year. I still think that 4A will be won by a team from the east but the teams in the west may have closed the gap some this season.
You won’t get an argument from me about JC’s success being one dimensional. But as
i said that dimension has been dominate. I’m not sure sure about this year though. 

The reason I think 4A is down this year is because of the upper echelon on teams. The top 4 are not as good as they were last year. I think that might be why the teams you mentioned closed gap some. LC might be a different story. They might just
have gotten better. Not seen them play yet. That’s why I said I’d drive to see LC and Jc play. But time will tell all things…
Johnson Central got off to a very slow start last season because of injuries but I don't remember many people claiming that they were down. After losing Mason Lawson and Zack McCoart, JC beat Cahokia, IL, in OT at home. Cahokia went on to have a mediocre year and was crushed early in the IL playoffs. In the next game, Rock Creek Christian Academy held JC to under 3 yards per carry and 195 yards of total offense in a loss at Johnson Central. 

JC rushed for 325 yards last week against a very talented Ironton team on the road without Conley in the lineup. It is way too early to conclude that Johnson Central is not going to have a dominant running game this season, IMO, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I don't know Conley's status, but even without him in the lineup, JC has their starting fullback and running backs that opened last season.

I also believe that Lexington Catholic is once again overrated. This is not a strong Covington Catholic team and Lexington Catholic could only muster 6 points and 40 yards rushing (less than 2 yards per carry) at home against the Colonels. Without a running game, I don't think LC would be very effective passing against JC's defense. If JC is fortunate enough to play LC in the playoffs, I don't see the Knights hanging close no matter where the game is played.
..Lexington Catholic is doing great though for this first year coach and looks like they are trending upward in a hurry....Now Johnson Central will be a tuff out, they alway are. For 8 years now, only 1 time they didn't make it to the championship game and I guess thats when Franklin County upset them.. Those 3rd round games are going to be some dandys, I guess to me this year the teams are as close to one another more than they have been in a while.. I really don't see much seperation between Boyle, Corbin, and JC. I know Corbin hasn't been to Kroger field while they have been in 4A but they will have a chance this year..I have seen all the teams in person...Corbin will be a very tuff out......The 4 headed monster of Kid Elam, Cam Combs and Brody Wells are just game changers and to add Big Foot to boot....
Curry can get in space too.
(09-15-2022, 01:58 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Johnson Central is no longer a top 3 team in my opinion.
In my opinion I’m not sure there is another team in the state that loves bulletin board material more than Johnson central, with all the injuries and the  complete rebuilding of the offensive line I can’t wait for them to shut some mouths come November per usual. They  may not win it all but I’d say your opinion may be different.
If any team is looking for motivation from what people say on here, I’ll be honest. I have a lot less respect for them…….

I don’t think that’s what you are implying, I’m JS.
(09-16-2022, 12:42 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Curry can get in space too.

Yeah, Curry doesn’t get the ball alot, but he is worthy. He has explosive speed and seems like he likes to break all the big runs.. Kinda like bam, there he goes.

If you can find a couple welders send em my way, I don’t even care if they show up by 800 as long as they’ll show up, will work past lunch and can find their @ss with at least one hand….

(09-15-2022, 04:57 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

Im not trying to ruffle anyone’s feathers on here at all…I love our boys from year to year just like my own and want to see them do nothing but succeed.  I just want people leading them in every aspect of their education from the classroom to the football field that actually deserve that honor, that have their best interests at heart, and aren’t on that sideline simply for self serving reasons or daddy ball…Every year lately I’ve seen a sideline full of young men willing to put the team ahead of themselves being drug down by all this…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!