Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looking ahead: Class 1A 2023
(06-23-2023, 09:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 02:52 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:
(06-21-2023, 09:20 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I just don’t see anyone improving enough over one off-season, minus some UNREAL transfers, to beat Pikeville. They have just proven themselves year in and out to be at least 4 scores better than the next best team. When it comes to making it to the title game, the only team last year that played with Raceland in the playoffs, was Hazard. I kind of feel like it’s going to look a lot like that this year as well. It’s Pikevilles to lose, Racelands to take. Hazards to spoil. Imo.

keep sleeping on middlesboro thats what we want not saying we are on pikeville level but we are on 2 on down level pikeville can win 1-3 a state championships this year imo

I hope Middlesboro is as good as you say. Class A needs more good teams.

they are putting 3 million into football this off season just put 150k in a indoor football training center we are not investing in the program for nothing
Williamsburg has another topnotch Quarterback for 1A lookout folks
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot
(06-23-2023, 08:03 PM)64SUR Wrote: Williamsburg has another topnotch Quarterback for 1A lookout folks

Do tell, who is the gunslinger?
(06-23-2023, 08:03 PM)64SUR Wrote: Williamsburg has another topnotch Quarterback for 1A lookout folks
Depending on who it is, could propel Williamsburg into 1A Top 10.
(06-23-2023, 06:42 PM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 09:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 02:52 AM)mr yellow jacket Wrote:
(06-21-2023, 09:20 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I just don’t see anyone improving enough over one off-season, minus some UNREAL transfers, to beat Pikeville. They have just proven themselves year in and out to be at least 4 scores better than the next best team. When it comes to making it to the title game, the only team last year that played with Raceland in the playoffs, was Hazard. I kind of feel like it’s going to look a lot like that this year as well. It’s Pikevilles to lose, Racelands to take. Hazards to spoil. Imo.

keep sleeping on middlesboro thats what we want not saying we are on pikeville level but we are on 2 on down level pikeville can win 1-3 a state championships this year imo

I hope Middlesboro is as good as you say. Class A needs more good teams.

they are putting 3 million into football this off season just put 150k in a indoor football training center we are not investing in the program for nothing
3 million? you could pay isaiah pacheco to come play running back for you for that
still not sure you'd win 1a.
(02-20-2023, 07:49 PM)bac2369 Wrote:
(02-20-2023, 08:24 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: What does Newport and Middlesboro bring to class A this year? Is either team good enough to make some noise?

Newport probably be in the 14-20+ range. The team to watch and keep an eye on is Covington Holy Cross. They return basically everyone.

Middlesboro is probably top 5 coming into the season.  There season will depend on injuries. But I think there solidly at the 5 spot.

This will probably be the last big run for Cov Holy Cross in football.  After this group, with St. Henry starting football I feel its going to hurt the numbers at Cov Holy Cross the most.
(06-24-2023, 03:04 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(02-20-2023, 08:24 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: What does Newport and Middlesboro bring to class A this year? Is either team good enough to make some noise?

Newport probably be in the 14-20+ range. The team to watch and keep an eye on is Covington Holy Cross. They return basically everyone.

Middlesboro is probably top 5 coming into the season.  There season will depend on injuries. But I think there solidly at the 5 spot.

This will probably be the last big run for Cov Holy Cross in football.  After this group, with St. Henry starting football I feel its going to hurt the numbers at Cov Holy Cross the most.

I’m very curious how that’s going to work out both ways.
(06-23-2023, 11:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Kid is 6’2 220lbs lefty who can throw it 70yds, 2 way player who will play both offense and defense. He is a beast……..
(06-24-2023, 06:22 PM)64SUR Wrote:
Kid is 6’2 220lbs lefty who can throw it 70yds, 2 way player who will play both offense and defense. He is a beast……..

Williamsburg had only 1 pass from a back up last season. Need a name of who it is.
NewCath returns their qb and rb they should be really good!
Hahah you can tell we in the dead period. Here comes the shit talkers hahah

If this is true Pikeville may only beat them by 35...
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • 64SUR, Fanatic42
(06-24-2023, 05:49 PM)bac2369 Wrote:
(06-24-2023, 03:04 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

I’m very curious how that’s going to work out both ways.

My guess as to what will happen is that you will get the players that wouldnt start right away at Cov Cath or Holy Cross to St. Henry.  St. Henry itself will have a decent feeder as kids will stay home for high school (rather than going to Cov Cath or Holy Cross to play).  Cov Cath will lose depth but shouldnt really bother them talent wise in the grand scheme.  Holy Cross goes in cycles with low numbers now and adding St. Henry to the mix wont help.   The positive is it will probably keep Holy Cross as a 1A team, St. Henry as a 2A team, and Cov Cath as a 4A team.
Aside from Pikeville being the clear favorite I think the #2 spot can be competitive and I wouldn’t give the nod to Raceland being the clear cut #2 just yet. Hazard gave us all we wanted last year and proved that there wasn’t a huge gap between the programs.

I also wouldn’t count out NCC. Granted they aren’t the Newcath of 10-15 years ago but they are still respectable in 1A.

Raceland will be the measuring stick team in 1A this year as we will face Pikeville, NCC, and Hazard in the regular season. Pikeville will be the favorite in the match up with the Rams but I also wouldn’t be surprised to see us split the games with Hazard and NCC in the regular season.
Tell us about some new faces in the Rams program. Word has leaked into the mountains that they got a few. Also tell us about some of their incoming Freshmen, any that can make immediate impacts?
You can post in the actual Raceland 2023 thread if you want so this thread doesn’t get hijacked.
(06-25-2023, 08:25 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Tell us about some new faces in the Rams program. Word has leaked into the mountains that they got a few. Also tell us about some of their incoming Freshmen, any that can make immediate impacts?
You can post in the actual Raceland 2023 thread if you want so this thread doesn’t get hijacked.
Idk of any transfers that have come to Raceland…..it seems you know more than me haha. As far as Freshman go….the young Rams had a good run in the 8th grade state playoffs last year. I don’t believe there is anyone in the Freshman class that will see the field this year for the Rams
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Micro-Brew
(06-25-2023, 09:26 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(06-25-2023, 08:25 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Tell us about some new faces in the Rams program. Word has leaked into the mountains that they got a few. Also tell us about some of their incoming Freshmen, any that can make immediate impacts?
Idk of any transfers that have come to Raceland…..it seems you know more than me haha. As far as Freshman go….the young Rams had a good run in the 8th grade state playoffs last year. I don’t believe there is anyone in the Freshman class that will see the field this year for the Rams
If any baby Rams see the field this year other than beatdown mop-up duty then the Rams are in deep trouble.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slic Ric's post:
  • Micro-Brew
(06-25-2023, 09:26 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
I had heard they got a few kids maybe back in January from Devil land but that may not be accurate. That’s why I asked. Glad to see the Rams will still continue bringing in good young groups. I enjoy the banter with the Rams. Good luck to you guys. We will see ya soon.
Anyone got any interesting news in class 1A?
That didn’t last long the 6’2 220lbs enter his name into the transfer portal………..Corbin bound
Any News on the pair of Lineman that maybe Transferring to Pikeville ? I heard one was from Letcher Co. Not sure if that's correct or not. Have no clue where the other one is from. I'm assuming from Shelby Valley, Belfry or Pike Central.
(06-27-2023, 10:00 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Any News on the pair of Lineman that maybe Transferring to Pikeville ? I heard one was from Letcher Co. Not sure if that's correct or not. Have no clue where the other one is from. I'm assuming from Shelby Valley, Belfry or Pike Central.
All I know is as long as Pikeville has their kids check the “right” boxes then they will stay in 1A and be dominant
I agree.
Top academic school - check
Top facilities - check
Great athletic programs top to bottom - check
Great coaching - check
Administrative and community support second to none - check
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
I hope Mboro is good as well. Since Mayfield and Beechwood went up to 2A, it’s been a watered down 1A. We need teams to make runs to keep things competitive. 2A-6A were vastly more competitive from the semifinals on that 1A was and that’s been the norm for sometime.

I also agree that it is no surprise that Pikeville continues to draw in kids. I’ve never had a problem with transfers. Don’t want kids to leave? Do what’s right to keep them there. Pikeville has everything a parent could want for their kid. They are also lucky to be in a big area that is seemingly booming with growth. A small school with facilities and accolades like Pikeville have garnered the last several years is really quite special.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(06-27-2023, 10:00 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Any News on the pair of Lineman that maybe Transferring to Pikeville ? I heard one was from Letcher Co. Not sure if that's correct or not. Have no clue where the other one is from. I'm assuming from Shelby Valley, Belfry or Pike Central.
Last I heard as far as linemen, one from Letcher, two from Belfry, and it's yet to be seen if any from elsewhere.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Fanatic42
(06-28-2023, 12:16 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
Last I heard as far as linemen, one from Letcher, two from Belfry, and it's yet to be seen if any from elsewhere.

I called the 2 from Belfry when the Burke kid left for Mingo. I’ve actually heard 3 and incoming freshmen, sophomore, and junior.

If we get those 3 and the kid from Letcher, holy smokes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RTruth's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(06-28-2023, 02:46 PM)RTruth Wrote:
(06-28-2023, 12:16 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:

I called the 2 from Belfry when the Burke kid left for Mingo. I’ve actually heard 3 and incoming freshmen, sophomore, and junior.

Really do believe the Panthers will be just fine. It's a long ways to Kroger, but that is always the goal. Some will say "Pikeville recruits ''. That is not the case. Add it all up. The education 2nd to none, the facilities 2nd to none, the coaching staff 2nd to none, the community support 2nd to none, the administration 2nd to none, all other sports programs and extracurricular sports 2nd to none and some with region and State titles. I guess it's easier to say it recruits itself.
(06-28-2023, 05:51 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:

Really do believe the Panthers will be just fine. It's a long ways to Kroger, but that is always the goal. Some will say "Pikeville recruits ''. That is not the case. Add it all up. The education 2nd to none, the facilities 2nd to none, the coaching staff 2nd to none, the community support 2nd to none, the administration 2nd to none, all other sports programs and extracurricular sports 2nd to none and some with region and State titles. I guess it's easier to say it recruits itself.

This is always the correct answer. Doesn't matter if its Belfry, Pikeville, Frederick Douglass, Boyle County, Saint Xavier or Alabama.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-28-2023, 06:11 PM)Real Badman Wrote:
(06-28-2023, 05:51 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote:

This is always the correct answer. Doesn't matter if its Belfry, Pikeville, Frederick Douglass, Boyle County, Saint Xavier or Alabama.
Glad you see and agree RBM  Sick
I agree with that whole heartedly as well
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • Big Five-0-