Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex legion considering returning?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:So any updates on this story?

There are websites reporting that he is still considering transferring, and there are some that are reporting that he is coming back. We will not know anything official until Billy Gillespie gets behind the Mic and says it.
IMO I Know he will end up being a good player but I wouldnt let him back on team, or Joe Crawford back 2 years ago. This dont set a good example for the team. If its him or his mom, you dont quit your team, but if you do, Dont come back.
Several people on Catspause are saying that he has been granted permission to return by barnhardt and now is awaiting Billy G's approval. A newspaper article, once again by his mother on the Herald Leader website stated that they had worked things out and he will return to the school. She also said that the problem had nothing to do with minutes during the games.
RavenBoy Wrote:IMO I Know he will end up being a good player but I wouldnt let him back on team, or Joe Crawford back 2 years ago. This dont set a good example for the team. If its him or his mom, you dont quit your team, but if you do, Dont come back.

I don't see why you would do that. Legion is a teenager and teenagers are gonna make bad decisions. There just learning from there mistakes.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Several people on Catspause are saying that he has been granted permission to return by barnhardt and now is awaiting Billy G's approval. A newspaper article, once again by his mother on the Herald Leader website stated that they had worked things out and he will return to the school. She also said that the problem had nothing to do with minutes during the games.
I dont understand that. What else could it be? The book work to hard for him at UK Smile
It has to be about playing time, or Money.
blackcat_student Wrote:I don't see why you would do that. Legion is a teenager and teenagers are gonna make bad decisions. There just learning from there mistakes.
Its more of a coach thing to me I guess. To me it just makes the coach look bad. I thought Tubby was a joke after he done it, and if Billy G does it, I'll think the same about him. I dont know, I guess its how I was raised, not to quit anything.
If you quit a job, I know you dont go back the next day.
RavenBoy Wrote:Its more of a coach thing to me I guess. To me it just makes the coach look bad. I thought Tubby was a joke after he done it, and if Billy G does it, I'll think the same about him. I dont know, I guess its how I was raised, not to quit anything.
If you quit a job, I know you dont go back the next day.
I agree, and I see where your coming from, but don't you think it looks bad on recruiting if a player wants to transfer?
blackcat_student Wrote:I agree, and I see where your coming from, but don't you think it looks bad on recruiting if a player wants to transfer?
Good Point, but that is were you make sure no one wants to Transfer, I guess that impossible though.
RavenBoy every coach will go throught it at some point, regardless whether it be Bob Knight, Adolph Rupp, whomever they be, the greatest of all time have problems at a new location. Players don't like the system, whatever they will leave.

In this case though it was his mother doing the talking for him, she said that god had told her he was destined for big things and he would make money. She wanted him somewhere where he could play. His dad on the other hand was dissapointed in him because where he had transfered from Michigan and had problems with his coach in high school we just wanted him to stick something out.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:RavenBoy every coach will go throught it at some point, regardless whether it be Bob Knight, Adolph Rupp, whomever they be, the greatest of all time have problems at a new location. Players don't like the system, whatever they will leave.
Billy G has stuck his neck out there for Legion, Gave him something that he could have used on someone else, There is alot more players how there just as good as him and better. Legion has played in all the games and started 2 of those. What more can you ask for. Hes a Freshman.
RavenBoy Wrote:Billy G has stuck his neck out there for Legion, Gave him something that he could have used on someone else, There is alot more players how there just as good as him and better. Legion has played in all the games and started 2 of those. What more can you ask for. Hes a Freshman.

Well, when you have another freshman (Patterson) playing big minutes, its kind of hard not to ask for more.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Well, when you have another freshman (Patterson) playing big minutes, its kind of hard not to ask for more.
Good Point. Uk dont have a big man though. They got 4 Guards. If hes mad about PT now I cant wait to see what he thinks when Jasper and Meeks come back.
RavenBoy Wrote:Good Point. Uk dont have a big man though. They got 4 Guards. If hes mad about PT now I cant wait to see what he thinks when Jasper and Meeks come back.

IMHO, Legion should be starting. I believe if your going to lose, lose with your youngest guys, so they can get plenty of expierience. When your building a house, you build a foundation. Thats what you have to do when building a team. I think Patterson, Stewart, Legion, Meeks, & Jasper should be your main players.
I agree, I cant stand Crawford or Bradley, but what I have seen of Legion dont impress me though.
RavenBoy Wrote:Good Point. Uk dont have a big man though. They got 4 Guards. If hes mad about PT now I cant wait to see what he thinks when Jasper and Meeks come back.

Hes not mad about playing time. Hes mad about coach running practice like boot camp. He thought the workload was too much. I think he didn't know what to expect being a freshman. I think he just needs to get used to working hard. Its the SEC, not the Big 10
mrfootball03 Wrote:Hes not mad about playing time. Hes mad about coach running practice like boot camp. He thought the workload was too much. I think he didn't know what to expect being a freshman. I think he just needs to get used to working hard. Its the SEC, not the Big 10
Good Point
RavenBoy Wrote:Billy G has stuck his neck out there for Legion, Gave him something that he could have used on someone else, There is alot more players how there just as good as him and better. Legion has played in all the games and started 2 of those. What more can you ask for. Hes a Freshman.

i doesn't matter the age, the best player should play, and i can honestly say that i think legion would do ten times the better job porter has done, and porter has more minutes and that doesn't add up to me...
QUICK LEGION UPDATE: At press conference, Billy Clyde said that Legion is not on the team at this point. He had not talked to him until today at which point Alex asked if he could be back on the team. Billy Clyde’s answer is essentially “we’ll see”….more on the show. Per Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:QUICK LEGION UPDATE: At press conference, Billy Clyde said that Legion is not on the team at this point. He had not talked to him until today at which point Alex asked if he could be back on the team. Billy Clyde’s answer is essentially “we’ll see”….more on the show. Per Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio.

Billy needs to put his pride out the window if he wants to be successfull at kentucky, i think he's about to get in over his head...
bigE Wrote:Billy needs to put his pride out the window if he wants to be successfull at kentucky, i think he's about to get in over his head...

Absolutely the worst idea ive ever heard someone propose.
Keep The Player Loose The Coach.
And the drama continues.
ballcrazy Wrote:Keep The Player Loose The Coach.
And that is why UK is job that very few coaches want anymore.Rolleyes
bigE Wrote:i doesn't matter the age, the best player should play, and i can honestly say that i think legion would do ten times the better job porter has done, and porter has more minutes and that doesn't add up to me...
I agree, Porter is horrible and I dont think he should be on the team. He might just work his butt of in practice and thats why he plays so much, I dont know.
RavenBoy Wrote:I agree, Porter is horrible and I dont think he should be on the team. He might just work his butt of in practice and thats why he plays so much, I dont know.
That's exactly why he plays so much, is because of his competitiveness, Coach Gillispie said it himself on his radio show the other night. I know he had a rough stretch against Stony Brook and UNC, having a combined 7 turnovers in both games, but he is not a selfish player, he distributes the ball, and for the most part, he protects it. If you notice, his turnovers don't come from him being careless with the ball or from him being selfish, they come mainly when he tries to get the ball inside, particularly to Patterson. He plays as hard as anyone on the court. I would Patterson plays harder, and he's about the only one. Porter has the potential to be a sharp shooter, IMO, he just needs the experience. You won't find many other players who play as hard and with such competitive fire as Michael Porter.
For you guys that don't think Porter is a division 1 athlete just stop and think. You don't get recruited by USC in football and UK in basketball if you have no talent.

I think some people need to think about just how good of athletes these kids are. Fact is there is probably nobody on this site that could hold Porter's jock. Or any that know as much about basketball as coach Gillispie. Yet there they are to criticize at every little bump in the road. Remember they are rebuilding from the ground up.

He plays good defense, he is trying to run the most difficult position in a new offense and he does everything his coach asks of him. Its pretty simple as to why he plays.
i agree fball.
Billy Gillispie had this to say in his pre-Indiana game press conference......Courtesy of ukathletics.com

On the Alex Legion situation...
"Well, he's not with the team. I think our guys have done a fantastic job, by not letting that be a distraction for them. They've been really focused in practice and done a fantastic job. We're getting ready to go and play Indiana which will be a huge task for us. I don't know about all of the reports. I don't know exactly what has been reported. We talked today for the first time. I'd heard we'd been in discussions all week and we'd been sending guys to convince him to stay. Alex is a good person and he has the ability and opportunity to be a good player at some point. While he was with us, he did a good job for us. But when a player chooses to do something different, we understand that. We hate to lose anyone. But when they make that decision, we move on. I talked to Alex today and he wants to be back on the team. That's the first time I've spoken to him. We wished him well. I love him as a person. I think he is a great young person. But it has not been a distraction for us and it will not be a distraction for us. Alex asked me last night if I could meet with him this morning. We met for a little bit. Alex is still not with the team."
Regardless of the situation and what alot of people think about it, UK needs this guy for the future!
blackcat_student Wrote:I agree, and I see where your coming from, but don't you think it looks bad on recruiting if a player wants to transfer?

To me it makes it look bad on the player if transfers...he is so lucky to get an oppurtunity like he has. The only way I would transfer is if the coach were a racist or something serious like that.