•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dan Howard Resigns At Hazard
(11-08-2023, 09:52 PM)cherokee Wrote: Hazard should take a look at Ryan Sizemore former Leslie County eagle that has been an assistant at Carrollton High in Georgia a nationally  ranked team the past few years. Ryan's son is a senior on this team and may be playing for a college back in Kentucky at the next level.

I agree kids would love playing for a guy like Ryan Sizemore……Private message me Cherokee…….
If Haddix went back East to rebuild. I’d say he would stop at Breathitt, that’s where he is from. But he would be a fool to go anywhere unless it was to college. I know he has been offered college jobs. He has 3 young kids. And has possibly the best public highschool job in the state. He will not be at Hazard. Will not be anywhere but Boyle and the next level.
MIKE HOLCOMB lives 20 miles away and does not currently have a “team”…..
Coal money dried up to get a Haddix, Holcomb, or Hilton. Little birdie told me bidding was up over 100k and new indoor was in the picture.

Little Al makes too much money selling uniforms.

Think they need a young guy in place and build around him.
(11-08-2023, 11:36 PM)HighViz Wrote: If Haddix went back East to rebuild. I’d say he would stop at Breathitt, that’s where he is from.    But he would be a fool to go anywhere unless it was to college.  I know he has been offered college jobs. He has 3 young kids. And has possibly the best public highschool job in the state.  He will not be at Hazard. Will not be anywhere but Boyle and the next level.

I’ve heard Haddix isn’t interested in Breathitt at all anymore.

Again, y’all, I’m just shooting the s*** and passing along things I’ve heard. Someone from Breathitt could maybe corroborate that one, but I would think you’re right about Breathitt being a pretty good rebuild situation and he has ties there.
(11-08-2023, 04:24 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Would they bring Coach Fletch up from the middle school and become the head coach?
He's had a lot of success. And he knows Hazard football, and has coached the majority of the players already. The question is does he want to coach at the HS level. He has been the MS coach for several years.
(11-08-2023, 05:04 PM)strepxe Wrote: Sizemore turned around Bracken County Football, from the worst team in the state to 7 wins a year. And then went to Clay and did similar, winless to 7-8 wins a year.

Both of those jobs in communities where football is lucky if it's 3rd place.

You are 100 percent correct!  Being able to win any games at those schools is huge.
Allen Howard Jr should be the top of the list. I don’t know if he would think about it, but that would be the guy i would throw money at.

1. connections- he played for both Wake and EKU. And then coaching Upike. The connections for recruiting hazard players would be very beneficial to the programs ability to get kids that are now going to perry and other counties.
2. Actual coaching- not only does he run a modern offense and played in a violent air attack, he has played and worked with some of the best coaches there are.
3. Inspiration. Bringing fletcher up would be good but it’s a big jump from middle school to high school. More than what people realize. Howard would have to ability to build a staff of people that know football and bleed hazard.
(11-08-2023, 03:17 PM)Colonel4Life1999 Wrote: I'm sure that a lot of schools would love to have Chris McNamee and Phillip Haywood too
Don't know about Haywood, but im quiet sure Chris McNamee, being so enamored to this Pikeville program will enjoy a retirement party in the commons area at PHS years down the road. He's all maroon!!
(11-08-2023, 04:21 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: They need to hand over the keys to Jacob Roll.  He’d get the program back to like it was in the Mark Dixon days.
That would be the nail in the coffin for this program. They need a total
shake up from top to bottom and the entire coaching staff needs replaced with fresh faces in my opinion.
(11-10-2023, 09:09 AM)SpaceMountain19 Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 04:21 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: They need to hand over the keys to Jacob Roll.  He’d get the program back to like it was in the Mark Dixon days.
shake up from top to bottom and the entire coaching staff needs replaced with fresh faces in my opinion.
If he’s on the current staff, they should take whatever keys he does have.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bandit29
Heard that old coach was going to bell idk how true that is any got any news on that
(11-10-2023, 10:14 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
Take the keys from the dude that works his ass off constantly for these kids?
Team scored 75 and gave up 398...take the keys from anyone associated with the team.
(11-10-2023, 11:51 AM)king360 Wrote:
We must have different standards for the program that was one of the best in Eastern Kentucky less than a decade ago. I don’t care how hard you work, 1 win over a 1 win injured team is not hazard football. 

“Working his ass off” is a matter of opinion, 1 win and less than 30 men on the roster at hazard is a matter of fact.
Old school candidates:

Paul Rains
Mike Whitaker
John Paul Chapman
I think Chirico is the guy I would go at. I just don’t see him ever making it very far in the 6A playoffs at GRC. Even though I’m a Pikeville guy, 1A is much much better when Hazard is relevant. Good luck Dogs in getting the best guy to get that program going back in the right direction.

Was the 2020 upset of the Panthers Coach Howard’s best win during his tenure?
I think they go out of state !!!!
Al Holland Jr. Would be the best fit and a huge hire for Hazard. In 2-3 years your probably talking about them playing in Kroger if this happens.
(11-10-2023, 08:41 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I think Chirico is the guy I would go at. I just don’t see him ever making it very far in the 6A playoffs at GRC.  Even though I’m a Pikeville guy, 1A is much much better when Hazard is relevant. Good luck Dogs in getting the best guy to get that program going back in the right direction.

Was the 2020 upset of the Panthers Coach  Howard’s best win during his tenure?
Without a doubt… He didn’t win that many games in general but that was the biggest upset in a long time. Peak of his Tenure.
(11-10-2023, 11:51 AM)king360 Wrote:
Define “works his ass of constantly” and let’s see if we’re on the same page somewhat. Clearly we’re not going to be because there’s no way anyone can justify him being head coach also. Unless maybe he’s a family member of yours or something which very well could be.
any frontrunners or rumors on candidate for the head coach position
Hazard had better make a big time hire or they will start losing kids. There’s a lot of talent in the 7th and 8th grade class and alot of talent in surrounding counties as well. Be really easy to lose that talent if they don’t make the right hire. It would also be really easy to bring some of the talent over from Magoffin and Perry County if they make the right hire.
Hearing Boone Goldsmith as a candidate.
(11-14-2023, 09:58 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Hearing Boone Goldsmith as a candidate.

Someone told me that he’s more behind the scene guy at Boyle. Heart of the fresh/JV program. Would be a great hire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AverageJoe's post:
  • FootballFan1999
(11-14-2023, 09:58 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Hearing Boone Goldsmith as a candidate.
Heard this as well. Goldsmith would be a good get.
Heard from a reliable source Mark Dixon may be making a return.
(11-15-2023, 10:57 AM)FlairChop_WOOO Wrote: Heard from a reliable source Mark Dixon may be making a return.
Not a chance in this world of going back there.
Someone on the current staff 0%

Mark dixon retuning 0 chance

I could see someone like goldsmith, a haddix disciple

However they should pay Sullivan from pikeville and get him there no matter what it takes.
(11-15-2023, 11:55 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: Someone on the current staff 0%

Mark dixon retuning 0 chance

I could see someone like goldsmith, a haddix disciple

However they should pay Sullivan from pikeville and get him there no matter what it takes.
Big Grin
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next