Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 68 Belfry 56
(02-21-2024, 11:33 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: If I was Belfry I would talk to people in Prestonsburg before hiring Parsley, I watched the game last night on TV and it was clear he’s quit on his team and they quit on him. That guy from what I’m told has ran off 4-5 players and an assistant Coach since he has been hired I think hes only been their 2 years. Which Derrick Newsome ran a lot more off for us and he found another job. I was trying to watch what the Mom told me last night, I didn’t think he had  a problem giving the ball to there post players, he gave ball to him a lot last night, so don’t know where she got that from but, I did see favoritism being played to two maybe 3 players Prestonsburg had a lot of turnovers and seemed like only one or two guys got took out when others made a ton of mistakes. Looks like they had 3 players that cared. They will get blew out by Lawrence County. Floyd Central lost but still looked good against Martin, still like our chances against Floyd our guards are better then there’s and our post player is better then there post player, we are winning District.
#Bobcat4Life
Also doesn’t help when you got parents making social media posts about how bad of a job Parsley is doing it what he needs to be doing differently. He’s the coach. He played college basketball. He may not be the next John Wooden but it doesn’t look like he has an agenda to get anyone. Just from an outsider perspective the team has improved win wise in each of his 2 seasons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • Colonel4Life1999
Mike isn’t going anywhere.
Chase will go because Pburg is a circus.

I think the BL bench will look different next year!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sportscritic79's post:
  • FloydCountySuperstar
Mike is a fine Coach we may be the 2nd best team in our District, the other two schools both have coaches that aren’t very good with a lot of parent issues going on. Moore has been pushed out every year but somehow hangs on to his job and the Parsley guy just isn’t very good people person from my understanding most his team has no respect for him. He has a star young player and a really good post player and lets the other 4 guys shoot at will. Moore favors to one player and we all know why so give me Mike over the other two coaches in Floyd County. I’ve see players grow under him, he can make kids better, good ball coach.#Bobcat4Life

Mike is fine, both other Floyd County schools have coaches that are really bad Moore plays one kid way to much we all know why, the other has a star and a really good post player he don’t use then lets the rest of team take shots them too guys should be shooting. Parsley and Moore may be good but both coaches have players wanting to play on the hill next year. We wil win distract with Mike next year. Think of all the players that left the other too then Derek last year Mike is best coach in Floyd County the past 5 years
(02-21-2024, 06:02 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 11:33 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: If I was Belfry I would talk to people in Prestonsburg before hiring Parsley, I watched the game last night on TV and it was clear he’s quit on his team and they quit on him. That guy from what I’m told has ran off 4-5 players and an assistant Coach since he has been hired I think hes only been their 2 years. Which Derrick Newsome ran a lot more off for us and he found another job. I was trying to watch what the Mom told me last night, I didn’t think he had  a problem giving the ball to there post players, he gave ball to him a lot last night, so don’t know where she got that from but, I did see favoritism being played to two maybe 3 players Prestonsburg had a lot of turnovers and seemed like only one or two guys got took out when others made a ton of mistakes. Looks like they had 3 players that cared. They will get blew out by Lawrence County. Floyd Central lost but still looked good against Martin, still like our chances against Floyd our guards are better then there’s and our post player is better then there post player, we are winning District.
#Bobcat4Life
Also doesn’t help when you got parents making social media posts about how bad of a job Parsley is doing it what he needs to be doing differently. He’s the coach. He played college basketball. He may not be the next John Wooden but it doesn’t look like he has an agenda to get anyone. Just from an outsider perspective the team has improved win wise in each of his 2 seasons.
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone post on social media that Chase is doing a bad job. At least I haven’t seen any and I feel like I have all the parents on Facebook.
(02-21-2024, 06:58 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
#Bobcat4Life
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone post on social media that Chase is doing a bad job. At least I haven’t seen any and I feel like I have all the parents on Facebook.
They definitely have. They’ve posted cryptic stuff about how one players getting all the shots and it’s a team game. I’ve seen plenty stuff like that.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Well like the Prestonsburg Mom said she ain’t posting cause he don’t do right by her son now and he for sure won’t if she took it to social media. If you know them so much then let us know why 4-5 kids and a coach has quit him. Some reason people don’t want to be associated with him, then you got a few more leaving supposedly after season? Then Moore has had 5 kids leave team one during team then Derek had 8 leave Mike has had 0 leave
(02-21-2024, 07:23 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Well like the Prestonsburg Mom said she ain’t posting cause he don’t do right by her son now and he for sure won’t if she took it to social media. If you know them so much then let us know why 4-5 kids and a coach has quit him. Some reason people don’t want to be associated with him, then you got a few more leaving supposedly after season?  Then Moore has had 5 kids leave team one during team then Derek had 8 leave Mike has had 0 leave

I don’t see Isaiah Allen anymore, he injured? What about blonde headed kid that played for them in All A? I haven’t seen him.

Derrick was there for 3 years, give it time.
(02-21-2024, 06:17 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Mike is a fine Coach we may be the 2nd best team in our District, the other two schools both have coaches that aren’t very good with a lot of parent issues going on. Moore has been pushed out every year but somehow hangs on to his job and the Parsley guy just isn’t very good people person from my understanding most his team has no respect for him. He has a star young player and a really good post player and lets the other 4 guys shoot at will.
I’d hardly say he has kids shooting at will. If you look at the stats, you will see one player has shot nearly 2.5x the amount as the next closest kid on the team. One kid averages 18.25 shot attempts per game and the next closest is 8 per game. The rest are all under 7 attempts per game. Less than 2 attempts per quarter is hardly shooting at will. 

As for percentages, the whole starting 5 and 6th man shoot between 43 and 49.5% outside of Napier who shoots 59%. I think one could argue there’s no reason one kid should be shooting 2.5x the amount of shots at the next closest on the team when the averages are within 1-2 percentage points. But what do I know? I just analyze stats and percentages for a living ☺️
(02-21-2024, 07:19 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
#Bobcat4Life
They definitely have. They’ve posted cryptic stuff about how one players getting all the shots and it’s a team game. I’ve seen plenty stuff like that.
I don’t think it’s very cryptic. I think the whole town sees it ?
Who was the assistant that quit Prestonsburg and who are still there? I know Harold Tackett is still there. Maybe if Chase does leave he will try to get that job. Seems like many years ago he really wanted the Betsy Layne job but didn't get it. Maybe its time for him to finally lead a 58th District boys team.

I'm still shocked at learning Prestonsburg didnt want Justin Allen as an assistant. I thought he and Brandon Gearheart were starting to build something there, only for Prestonsburg to bring in Brent Rose. That worked out well for Johnson Central, considering their leading rebounder this year is Brent's son Kyle, who is a freshman. Not sure what exactly happened with Brent Rose, either. Much like Derrick Newsome at Betsy Layne, one day he was there, then the next day he wasn't.

Says a lot about Justin's character though he is letting his son stay there to play with the kids he grew up with instead of taking him up or down the road, if you will.
(02-21-2024, 09:49 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
#Bobcat4Life
You just said you've not seen it, but now you say the whole town sees it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-21-2024, 11:25 PM)Ring'Em Up Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 09:49 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 06:02 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Also doesn’t help when you got parents making social media posts about how bad of a job Parsley is doing it what he needs to be doing differently. He’s the coach. He played college basketball. He may not be the next John Wooden but it doesn’t look like he has an agenda to get anyone. Just from an outsider perspective the team has improved win wise in each of his 2 seasons.
You just said you've not seen it, but now you say the whole town sees it?
I’m saying I’ve not seen any parents post about not being happy with Chase as coach. I don’t have an issue with him and I’m probably the most vocal fan/parent there is associated with the school. Chase and I speak frequently and he knows where I stand about some things but he also knows I have his back as a leader of this program. There’s been things said to him about me wanting him gone or not being happy with him but that couldn’t be further from the truth. I think he’s doing a fine job. It’s not like he was handed Pikeville or Martin County. Let’s be real.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BCF4L's post:
  • P. Fanning
Get real Prestonsburg has to have that kid shoot that much to win he should shoot more maybe if he wasn’t standing in corner whole game against us yall win. You got the post player that should shoot most other shots. Then they have 4 guys that are all the same player.. One kid turn over a whole lot but never comes out. One kid don’t look like he wants to be there, one guard looks like a nervous wreck when he touches the ball then they got the tall skinny kid that can stroke it #3 maybe. That freshman has to carry that team or they are worst team in 15th Region. I heard the kids like that Allen guy the Coach that left I don’t know I think JV , then they have the old guy then the one that they say got fired for saying something really bad to a middle school kid. If Mike had that team they win the District easy, same thing for Floyd Central.
(02-22-2024, 12:55 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Get real Prestonsburg has to have that kid shoot that much to win  he should shoot more maybe if he wasn’t standing in corner whole game against us yall win. You got the post player that should shoot most other shots. Then they have 4 guys that are all the same player.. One kid turn over a whole lot but never comes out. One kid don’t look like he wants to be there, one guard looks like a nervous wreck when he touches the ball  then they got the tall skinny kid that can stroke it #3 maybe. That freshman has to carry that team or they are worst team in 15th Region. I heard the kids like that Allen guy the Coach that left I don’t know I think JV , then they have the old guy then the one that they say got fired for saying something really bad to a middle school kid. If Mike had that team they win the District easy, same thing for Floyd Central.

Ain’t nobody winning the district with Pburg’s roster
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Just made aware too of our kids played with there coach this summer and Mike has them winning with them #Bobcat4Life
I'm not close to the basketball program at all. I try and watch every game that I can, I know BCF4L is one to trust when it comes to the basketball program.

I support Parsley as well and appreciate what he's done so far as the head coach.

This Pburg team just has to get on the same page if they want to compete in the post season. They've been fun to watch at times when they play together and they've been very frustrating to watch at times also.

Season isn't over yet, I've seen Pburg team go winless in district play and win the district tournament. Anything is possible, especially when you're hosting.

Go Blackcats!
When you have parents arguing and calling out other kids in a passive aggressive manner on social media, what else do you expect? Parents are going to disagree with one another and sometimes they are going to question the coaching, but when you put it out for everyone to see on social media, it's over. All you are doing is pitting kids against one another, and when this is happening there is no chance of winning. Regardless of age, when kids or teenagers hear their parents talking about other kids, parents, or coaches, they are going to eventually feel the same way. Let coaches coach, and players play, and if certain parents feel they can do any better, by all means put in for the job and make them tell you no!
Honestly all of you guys are right in sone way. We need a player on the team to step up and really lead going into the district. We have some good shooters that need to touch the ball more, and that all starts with Braxton sharing the rock. I like the way our team has looks in the past few games, definetly coming together at the right time now. A true leader to guide them can set us apart and get us into the region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Coachkeathley32's post:
  • FloydCountySuperstar
(02-22-2024, 01:33 PM)Coachkeathley32 Wrote: Honestly all of you guys are right in sone way. We need a player on the team to step up and really lead going into the district. We have some good shooters that need to touch the ball more, and that all starts with Braxton sharing the rock. I like the way our team has looks in the past few games, definetly coming together at the right time now. A true leader to guide them can set us apart and get us into the region.
I’m a Belfry guy and don’t keep up with Pburg like their fans do but I’ve always said a coach being fair doesn’t mean all kids are going to take the same number of shots or play equal minutes. Every coach that plays Pburg goal is going to be to keep Keathley from scoring and force others to beat them.
Well Keathley a lot of these posters seem to think you and your partner is the issue along with your kid. I know Mike and myself would love to have you guys and your son on the hill. Just hearing and watching seems like you’d son and that post player should have ball most time. You and Blackcat alum both know team more then me but seems like there is a problem why so many people are leaving the coach. No way anyone can’t say Mike is best coach in distract. Your kid is really good sir and thank yall for making sure all the kids get seen my son loves watching and reading d and d
(02-22-2024, 10:09 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: When you have parents arguing and calling out other kids in a passive aggressive manner on social media, what else do you expect? Parents are going to disagree with one another and sometimes they are going to question the coaching, but when you put it out for everyone to see on social media, it's over. All you are doing is pitting kids against one another, and when this is happening there is no chance of winning. Regardless of age, when kids or teenagers hear their parents talking about other kids, parents, or coaches, they are going to eventually feel the same way. Let coaches coach, and players play, and if certain parents feel they can do any better, by all means put in for the job and make them tell you no!
I did and they did  Big Grin
  • Pikecoballer
Im not real familiar with Prestonburg but it seems like the parents got rid of football coach. (Several coaches have turned the job down now) Now it seems like they’re trying to run away one of the best young basketball coaches in the mountains. Maybe I’m wrong but it seems like it doesn’t matter if you win or show improvement as long as you keep certain people happy.
Hope you guys get it fixed got a few really good players hate to see that talent go to waste because we definitely accept it on the hill
(02-22-2024, 07:34 PM)devils88 Wrote: Im not real familiar with Prestonburg but it seems like the parents got rid of football coach. (Several coaches have turned the job down now) Now it seems like they’re trying to run away one of the best young basketball coaches in the mountains. Maybe I’m wrong but it seems like it doesn’t matter if you win or show improvement as long as you keep certain people happy.
That’s the thing is I still don’t know where people are complaining about Parsley. Just because I point out stats doesn’t mean I want the coach gone. I’ve said it many times on here that I love Parsley. Wish him nothing but the best. I’m not complaining about kids shooting or not shooting. I couldn’t care less who shoots when. All I’m stating is facts. One player has shot 2.5x the amount as the next closest player and they’re all shooting around the same percentages. Idk how that’s saying anything positive or negative? Just stating facts but I guess people get butt hurt by it. People around this area just always take offense and hang onto every word I say. I don’t understand.
  • P. Fanning
if pburg folks are unhappy, why not try to hire kevin keathley? would he come down to the high school level? theyd probably be contenders in the region for the foreseeable future if they got him. at his age, he may be thinking about settling down and just coaching high school
Has Keathley coached high school before?
Was told from a good source Keathley may be taking a job as an assistant Coach with a team not to far away if changes ain’t made, little birds said he is talking to 2 schools in 2 different Regions.
(02-23-2024, 12:18 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Was told from a good source Keathley may be taking a job as an assistant Coach with a team not to far away if changes ain’t made, little birds said he is talking to 2 schools in 2 different Regions.

Here we go
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
(02-23-2024, 12:18 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Was told from a good source Keathley may be taking a job as an assistant Coach with a team not to far away if changes ain’t made, little birds said he is talking to 2 schools in 2 different Regions.
Not trying to sound disrespectful but once the group of juniors that’s currently at Pburg graduate, that program is going to take a HUGE step back. If I’m Keathley and Parsley, I’m bolting. Our JV team has struggled this season and outside of Keathley, no one has significant playing time on the varsity level as an underclassman. I can’t imagine someone looking to get to the next level staying put on a team that’s likely to win less than 10 games for a couple to a few years.
[-] The following 2 users Like BCF4L's post:
  • Blacksmith, FloydCountySuperstar
(02-23-2024, 05:40 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
Not trying to sound disrespectful but once the group of juniors that’s currently at Pburg graduate, that program is going to take a HUGE step back. If I’m Keathley and Parsley, I’m bolting. Our JV team has struggled this season and outside of Keathley, no one has significant playing time on the varsity level as an underclassman. I can’t imagine someone looking to get to the next level staying put on a team that’s likely to win less than 10 games for a couple to a few years.

Getting exposure is all about playing travel ball now days so what you do for your schools team doesn’t matter. It definitely helps if you make it to Rupp and play but travel ball is where eyeballs are for colleges
#BBFL