Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 35 - Florida State 28
More Cowbell Wrote:I was at the game last night, and these are some of my observations...

1) First off, the UK fans were great! I'd say they outnumbered FSU fans 4-1, as they had all their side filled up as well as the upper deck on the other side. They made a lot of noise when FSU had the ball in the end zone, and definitely made their presence felt. All of us UK fans had a lot of fun mocking the FSU "tomahawk chop" during the fourth quarter with our version of the "Wildcat chop"!

2) It was readily apparent that UK was the better team, but just refused to put the Seminoles away. And when you give an inferior team hope that they have a chance to win, you never know what can happen at the end of the game. I thought UK should've won by at least 3 TD's, but kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and a litany of mental mistakes. There is no way that FSU should've even had a chance to tie it up at the end.

3) Woodson, for all his many talents, has still been prone to making poor decisions in the pocket, such as not throwing the ball away when the pressure is coming. That's a bad habit that will hurt him big-time in the NFL next year.

4) Rafael Little played a great game, looking the best he has looked in a long time. He was quick to the hole and able to make defenders miss in order to gain extra yards. It's a shame he had the two fumbles, because other than that he was the best player on the field.

All in all, despite the cold weather and biting wind, we had a great time in Nashville and got to see a Cats win. Hopefully next year, we'll get to go to somewhere different, like maybe Atlanta...

Ditto. Great game, great atmosphere. Kentucky tried to give F$U the game on several occasions, but a win is a win. Can't wait for next season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I was at the game last night, and these are some of my observations...

1) First off, the UK fans were great! I'd say they outnumbered FSU fans 4-1, as they had all their side filled up as well as the upper deck on the other side. They made a lot of noise when FSU had the ball in the end zone, and definitely made their presence felt. All of us UK fans had a lot of fun mocking the FSU "tomahawk chop" during the fourth quarter with our version of the "Wildcat chop"!

2) It was readily apparent that UK was the better team, but just refused to put the Seminoles away. And when you give an inferior team hope that they have a chance to win, you never know what can happen at the end of the game. I thought UK should've won by at least 3 TD's, but kept shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and a litany of mental mistakes. There is no way that FSU should've even had a chance to tie it up at the end.

3) Woodson, for all his many talents, has still been prone to making poor decisions in the pocket, such as not throwing the ball away when the pressure is coming. That's a bad habit that will hurt him big-time in the NFL next year.

4) Rafael Little played a great game, looking the best he has looked in a long time. He was quick to the hole and able to make defenders miss in order to gain extra yards. It's a shame he had the two fumbles, because other than that he was the best player on the field.

All in all, despite the cold weather and biting wind, we had a great time in Nashville and got to see a Cats win. Hopefully next year, we'll get to go to somewhere different, like maybe Atlanta...

Great post, but #4 is just plain crazy. Rafael Little had a crap load of yards...but the idiot TRIED to lose the game numerous times. He fumbled the ball 3 times!!! A senior leader shouldn't have played like that...I think he played a horrible game with those fumbles because he pretty much gave them 14 points, they scored off of both of his first two fumbles. Take the fumbles out though, and he played a pretty good game.
Well, I just got home from Nashville about 2 hours ago. It was a great game but like every other UK fan I fealt like we shoulda won by 3-4 TD's or more. I think UK woulda won even if FSU would've had all those players because UK has a bad habit of playin to the competition. They woulda played better had FSU been with all their regulars.
Each Kentucky senior played a wonderful last game. Thought we should have won by about 3 touchdowns but UK just shot there selves in the foot a few times and kept letting FSU back in it, but overall well played game, thought the defense played great. They bit on the play fake a few times but other than that a really good game from the defense. What a way for Andre' Woodson, Rafeal Little, Wesley Woodyard, Jacob Tamme, and Keenan Burton, and big play Stevie Johnson to go out on. They all played wonderful, Burton wasn't even 100% but he still played a good game, Little made a few mistakes but had over 200 yards of total offense and Woodson had over 350 yards passing including 4 touchdowns, Steve Johnson had two touchdowns and over 100 yards receiving, and Woodyard finished with 15 tackles... This group of seniors will be missed and they left UK in great shape for next season.

Thanks Seniors for the wonderful years!
Congrats UK. Just trying to make that competition in the SEC a little tougher next year, never a bad thing Wink
blackcat_student Wrote:Each Kentucky senior played a wonderful last game. Thought we should have won by about 3 touchdowns but UK just shot there selves in the foot a few times and kept letting FSU back in it, but overall well played game, thought the defense played great. They bit on the play fake a few times but other than that a really good game from the defense. What a way for Andre' Woodson, Rafeal Little, Wesley Woodyard, Jacob Tamme, and Keenan Burton, and big play Stevie Johnson to go out on. They all played wonderful, Burton wasn't even 100% but he still played a good game, Little made a few mistakes but had over 200 yards of total offense and Woodson had over 350 yards passing including 4 touchdowns, Steve Johnson had two touchdowns and over 100 yards receiving, and Woodyard finished with 15 tackles... This group of seniors will be missed and they left UK in great shape for next season.

Thanks Seniors for the wonderful years!

How can you say Little played great? He made more than a few little mistakes, he gave them 14 points.
vundy33 Wrote:How can you say Little played great? He made more than a few little mistakes, he gave them 14 points.

Aside from the two fumbles he played great...
vundy33 Wrote:How can you say Little played great? He made more than a few little mistakes, he gave them 14 points.

Maybe you should watch a replay of the game... He had numerous carries for over 10 yards and had over 200 total yards of offense. He may have fumbled the ball twice but he sure did make up for it.
God I was pumped!!! UK rocks!! Great win for the seniors of Uk. Way to fight out the past couple of seasons. Good luck in the future guys.
Big Congrats Wildcats Back-to Back Music City Bowl games!!! Awesome atmosphere, 80% UK fans there! I loved it. All the seniors had awesome game, I think Little played great except for the two fumbles but he played good along with Steve Johnson! I would have kept the 3 pts right before halftime when FSU got the personal foul and UK auto 1st down but thats just me and another bad thing like i seen earlier in a post Micah shoulda went down on that INT at the end the game but other that we played awesome!

Another thing that was pretty cool at the end of the game when all the UK fans was doing the FSU chant and waving the arm thing that was awesome! lol
MVP2 Wrote:Big Congrats Wildcats Back-to Back Music City Bowl games!!! Awesome atmosphere, 80% UK fans there! I loved it. All the seniors had awesome game, I think Little played great except for the two fumbles but he played good along with Steve Johnson! I would have kept the 3 pts right before halftime when FSU got the personal foul and UK auto 1st down but thats just me and another bad thing like i seen earlier in a post Micah shoulda went down on that INT at the end the game but other that we played awesome!

Another thing that was pretty cool at the end of the game when all the UK fans was doing the FSU chant and waving the arm thing that was awesome! lol

We prolly did it the entire 4th quarter, I know our section and the surroundin sections were as well. By the end of the game the ENTIRE Big Blue Nation was doin in, which was 90% of the attendance, lol... And yes it was awesome.
CONGRAST CATS!!! UK should have won by 2-3 TDs but I'll take a 7 point win over a traditionaly strong football team any time.
vundy33 Wrote:Great post, but #4 is just plain crazy. Rafael Little had a crap load of yards...but the idiot TRIED to lose the game numerous times. He fumbled the ball 3 times!!! A senior leader shouldn't have played like that...I think he played a horrible game with those fumbles because he pretty much gave them 14 points, they scored off of both of his first two fumbles. Take the fumbles out though, and he played a pretty good game.

No, my post was right on the money. Rafael Little played a great game other than the two plays where he lost a fumble. He picked up big chunks of yards all night, and UK would've been in a world of trouble without him. The fumbles were unfortunate, but they shouldn't blind you to the fact that he gained over 200 yards combined rushing and receiving for the game.

Oh, and I hardly think he tried to lose the game...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]