Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best "I Was There" Moment
May, 1992 - was at CMS when Gary Batson died in a Sportsman Series race. Had taken my g/f at the time to watch Dale qualify for the All-Star race. (DYK - 15 guys have died there ?!!!)

Sept., 2002 : Saw Rose, Bench, Perez, etc. play the last game at Riverfront.
This years UK Mens Basketball win over Tennessee at Rupp.
Russell's Football State Title win in 2005.
I do have one lol. It was when UK beat Texas State like 41-0 or something like that. I thought it was pretty cool.
Would have to say, at the 2008 15th Region Semi-Final Game between Paintsville and Shebly Valley! AWESOME!
OffTheHook Wrote:Would have to say, at the 2008 15th Region Semi-Final Game between Paintsville and Shebly Valley! AWESOME!
going to have to agree it was great
OffTheHook Wrote:Would have to say, at the 2008 15th Region Semi-Final Game between Paintsville and Shebly Valley! AWESOME!

I knew someone would say it.Smile Definitely an instant classic.
I have to say it was when Paintsville won the boys tournament in 96....I can remember that place cheering for Paintsville against lexington catholic it was amazing....

also watching Paintsville win the state title in baseball in 1990 ...that was one Heck of a party...although I was way TOO young to party..just got to swim...LOL
TongueirateSho

Both Belfry's State Championship games i was there... It was fun

First COT race at Bristol when Busch beat Burton to the line...

When Kentucky beat North Carolina for the Cats’ 1,800th victory, the first college basketball team to reach that milestone
A good one for me was being there in 1998 when UK won the NCAA championship in San Antonio.
Being there for Pikeville's three straight state championships was the one I enjoyed the most though.
I was at the UK/UL game in Freedom Hall a couple years ago when UL was up 16 at the half. I was wearing a UK shirt (of course) and at halftime the Louisvile people were talking 3 different kinds of trash to anyone wearing blue!!!! Kentucky made a huge come back in the 2nd half. UK won the game with Patrick Sparks hitting 3 free throws with 1 sec remaining. There was some sad people walking out of Freedom Hall that day watching me give anyone wearing blue a high five! Oh by the way I talked a little trash myself on the way out.
I got to see Johnny Cash's last concert before he died. It was at a place called the Carter Family Fold in Hylton, VA. It is where June Carter's family still lives and they have a little barn out in the middle of nowhere. I use to live in Johnson City, TN and it was only about 20 minutes from there. I heard a rumor from someone who worked at the gas station about 1 mile from the barn that Cash was going to show up. I went on a whim and got there at 5:30I payed 3 dollars to get in, and sat down on the front row. About 7:30 a black Mercedes pulls up and Johnny Cash gets out. They put him in a wheel chair and wheeled him up to the stage. He played about 9 songs, cried all the way through them because he was talking about his wife June, and then they put him back in the Mercedes and he left. The coolest part of this was nobody asked for anything, no autographs, pictures, nothing. They just let him show up and leave.

The funny thing was I had to get a glimpse of the car, so I went outside and was smoking a cig, and I heard someone say "excuse me son," turned aorund and it was him. I about **** my pants. haha

I have it on film, and it's on Utube.
I was there (paintballing) when Amun-Ra got killed by a sniper (Uh, that would be me) without even firing a shot!
OMG Wrote:I got to see Johnny Cash's last concert before he died. It was at a place called the Carter Family Fold in Hylton, VA. It is where June Carter's family still lives and they have a little barn out in the middle of nowhere. I use to live in Johnson City, TN and it was only about 20 minutes from there. I heard a rumor from someone who worked at the gas station about 1 mile from the barn that Cash was going to show up. I went on a whim and got there at 5:30I payed 3 dollars to get in, and sat down on the front row. About 7:30 a black Mercedes pulls up and Johnny Cash gets out. They put him in a wheel chair and wheeled him up to the stage. He played about 9 songs, cried all the way through them because he was talking about his wife June, and then they put him back in the Mercedes and he left. The coolest part of this was nobody asked for anything, no autographs, pictures, nothing. They just let him show up and leave.

The funny thing was I had to get a glimpse of the car, so I went outside and was smoking a cig, and I heard someone say "excuse me son," turned aorund and it was him. I about **** my pants. haha

I have it on film, and it's on Utube.
Post it!
DevilsWin Wrote:Post it!

This is the guy that was with me's version. Mine is a little more blurry than this.