Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the teams
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Forgot about John M. Stumbo

NOPE!!! I got John M. Stumbo on my list of 8 teams.
We have three seventh graders that will start for us next year that didn't play AAU at all this year. Dorton will have a good chance to be very good next year as your guards mature. The big kid from Dorton will be one of the best players in the county next year.
Knox County

1. Knox County Middle
2. Corbin Ind.
3. Lynn Camp
4. Barbourville Ind.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:NOPE!!! I got John M. Stumbo on my list of 8 teams.

I was saying that I (not you) forgot about John M Stumbo on my list of teams.
cslone Wrote:We have three seventh graders that will start for us next year that didn't play AAU at all this year. Dorton will have a good chance to be very good next year as your guards mature. The big kid from Dorton will be one of the best players in the county next year.

Unless the kids really improve, several people have our team really overrated on here. As of now, this will be one of our weaker teams.
MR. Slate Wrote:That is way off. Jcms will be very strong. There 6th grade class coming in is one the strongest ever.

In 7th grade JCMS will kill us, in 8th Grade p'ville will be the top team.
Allen Central - Defending County Champs

John M. Stumbo - finished second in the regular season last year with their only county losses to AC, MCA and Adams

Adams, Betsy Layne, MCA- Could be a toss up if things play out like last season. I'm pretty sure that all these teams split their games last year.

South Floyd - lots of size, if their guard play comes along this could be a very good basketball team.

Allen - Young team that got alot of playing time during the C and B games last year. Could surprise some teams.

Wesley Christian - Second year program that has come along way. Alot of good young talent.
The above post was for Floyd County girls.
Is this a girl or boy thread?
I think this is a boys thread.
Belfry,Millard,Pikeville, should be the top 3 in Pike County.
Martin County
Magoffin
Morgan
Paintsville
Johnson Central
Lawrence Co
Belfry
Girls Teams

Martin County Number One
Boys Team

Martin County
You guys should really consider forming teams our of the middle school that has kids that will be playing the same high school. Too many teams on the same page playing against each other. I think that are considering this in Letcher Co. Half the boys and girls teams in the county has low numbers and it is better to let them all play as one team. I predict in the next two years they will do it. I guess there take on it is "It isn't enough to be county champs, we want to win district, regional, or state championships.
cougarpride08 Wrote:You guys should really consider forming teams our of the middle school that has kids that will be playing the same high school. Too many teams on the same page playing against each other. I think that are considering this in Letcher Co. Half the boys and girls teams in the county has low numbers and it is better to let them all play as one team. I predict in the next two years they will do it. I guess there take on it is "It isn't enough to be county champs, we want to win district, regional, or state championships.

Some cases it hurts, some it helps.

In Pike County Virgie and Dorton both have excellent coaches and I feel it would hurt to do that.
Grils Team

Betsy Layne
Allen Central
Adams
Stumbo
MCA
South Floyd
Allen
Wesley