Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region
mullinstiger55 Wrote:So your saying 2.4 isnt fast?

From the sound of the mitt, getting the ball, standing up, and raring back takes about 1 and travel time about 1 to the sound of the fielders mitt.

thats good.
No it's horrible. There is not a college in the country that would take a catcher with a 2.4.Rolleyes
SC- Brady Horn, Chris Ward, Maybe Tyler Todd.
A 2.4 is a horrible pop time. Anything 2.0 or under is great. I heard Hayes had a 1.8 all last year and Adams from Paintsville is slightly under 2.0
No doubt, this is the year for JC!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:No it's horrible. There is not a college in the country that would take a catcher with a 2.4.Rolleyes

Theres a kid at Greenup is suppose to have a 1.8 pop up time.Not trying to hijack the thread just a comparison.
Well when I think about it, 2.4 sounds pretty fast

I'll need to actually clock someone myself to believe thats horrible
If...Then Wrote:Well when I think about it, 2.4 sounds pretty fast

I can't understand why you're arguing about something that you obviously don't know anything about.
Lc
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I don't know about no doubt, but they will be the favorite. Pikeville will be no slouch having Huffman back and few other young kids. JC will be fine as well, and not too mention Paintsville has a bunch of young talent coming up that could shock some people. Right now I would say it is in those three's hands, but I still have to give the edge to LC. Mainly because of Shepherd, and Cody Moore, who will be up there in the top 5 pitchers in the region before it's all said and done. Also Tate Banks is up and coming as well and could win a first game for you in the region, and if that's the case, then no one will touch them through the region again this year. It may not be a 29 run outscoring your opponent campaign like last year in the post season, but they should be just fine.

Do you realy think Pikeville will be a seriuos contender? From what i saw last year i just don't see.......theres seems to be a few bad attitudes on that team that could make for alot of drama but thats JMO.

From the sound of the mitt, getting the ball, standing up, and raring back takes about 1 and travel time about 1 to the sound of the fielders mitt.

thats good.

Maybe it's good if you do it step my step but for any expierenced catcher it'll all be one fluid motion. While he hops up he'll transfer the ball and be ready to throw.......Think about lol.
LC no doubt...sc? give me a break
Kyboy13 Wrote:Do you realy think Pikeville will be a seriuos contender? From what i saw last year i just don't see.......theres seems to be a few bad attitudes on that team that could make for alot of drama but thats JMO.

I never said contender? They may have they ability to knock a team off, but they don't have the offense to go very far in the region.

thats good.

If...Then Wrote:true but their 5 star catcher is now a Cardinal. I sware he could throw faster than their starting pitcher. lol

I was told his throw down time was like a 2.4 from sound of the mitt, to the shortstops glove. Very impressive
It must be the all-time Pike Central record, Smile . If it was 2.4 U of L knows something that we don't.

2.4 couldnt play at NAIA or any decent high school

lmao
bbaseball08 Wrote:pitching for the 57th will appear as follows:

Paintsville-Austin Lyons
LC-Chandler Shephard (I heard he is moving to a school in Cincinnati after football season???)
JC- Mike Conley
Belfry-Robert Runyon
Prestonburg-???
Betsy Layne-???
AC-Crowder
Pikeville-Luke Huffman or Steven Layne (it's a toss-up)
Magoffin-???
Pike Central-Brandon "Buck" Martin
Phelps-Dillon Stiltner
SC-???
East Ridge-Joel Meade
Shelby Valley-Floyd??
South Floyd-???

SC- brady horn probably, tyler todd too.
:1: Wink I think Letcher Central is tough But I think them Hawks of Pike County Central will pull it off.. their tough :redboxer: buck martin and ryan charles are the breakthrough athletes PC ALL THE WAY
If...Then Wrote:true but their 5 star catcher is now a Cardinal. I sware he could throw faster than their starting pitcher. lol

I was told his throw down time was like a 2.4 from sound of the mitt, to the shortstops glove. Very impressive

thats not imprssive at all... i just went to a camp and they timed me throwin a 2.46 to second and im a freshman
kybaseball Wrote:Theres a kid at Greenup is suppose to have a 1.8 pop up time.Not trying to hijack the thread just a comparison.

Kybaseball, where is this young man headed for college? With POP time of 1.8
That has to have attracted some attention. :confused:

2.4 isn't that bad....in high school....but in college he won't throw many people out. Kimball is right, 2.4 is horrible.
Ratburn14 Wrote::1: Wink I think Letcher Central is tough But I think them Hawks of Pike County Central will pull it off.. their tough :redboxer: buck martin and ryan charles are the breakthrough athletes PC ALL THE WAY
Haha. Yea. What does Letcher Central have anything to do with 15th region baseball? And Martin is a good player, but he himself cannot carry the team.
Ratburn14 Wrote::1: Wink I think Letcher Central is tough But I think them Hawks of Pike County Central will pull it off.. their tough :redboxer: buck martin and ryan charles are the breakthrough athletes PC ALL THE WAY

I haven't seen the Charles kid pitch, but Buck is an alright HIGH SCHOOL pitcher.
yet again, he may be able to play around here locally, but no D1 or D2 looks are going to be given to him.
CleanupMan Wrote:Kybaseball, where is this young man headed for college? With POP time of 1.8
That has to have attracted some attention. :confused:

He is talking about Billy Logan and he doesn't have a 1.8, it's more around a 2.0. I heard he did try out at a JUCO but was turned down. I think Billy will be a really good NAIA player, but Division I is just out of the question.
Yeah Lawrence County no doubt.
They have Jordan Miller back who led the teams in rbi's
and 2 starting pitchers.
They have alot of young players that will step up.
Lawrence County will take the the 15th region
alot of competition this year. I think who ever wants it more will take down the 15th
Only 74 more days til the season starts!
I know in my house we are counting down the days....
LC.DOMINATION Wrote:Yeah Lawrence County no doubt.
They have Jordan Miller back who led the teams in rbi's
and 2 starting pitchers.
They have alot of young players that will step up.
Lawrence County will take the the 15th region

How serious was/is the foot injury to Shepherd? Talked with a LC parent the other evening and he seemed to be concerned for the upcoming baseball season.
Pupaw Wrote:Only 74 more days til the season starts!

IT CANNOT GET HERE SOON ENOUGH EITHER!!!!
Allie Katt Wrote:How serious was/is the foot injury to Shepherd? Talked with a LC parent the other evening and he seemed to be concerned for the upcoming baseball season.

No, it was just a high ankle sprain. I'm pretty sure he's all healed and conditioning now.