Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 49 - Lou. Holy Cross 14
Well everyone at school today asked me about my game notes, and appearantley Casey took me the wrong way. We won, Casey's snaps were good actually. I'm just saying he's not as good as Chancey. If he was, he'd start. No offense at all to Casey, That nose guard was a big load and Charlie would've done better with the experienced Cisco at center.
EKU,

I agree that Elkins is probably Belfry's best defensive back, BUT, playing him play after play against mediocre at best competition is not necessary IMO. Let this Maynard kid work in there and get some serious experience. Elkins is a Senior who doesn't necessarily need a LOT of reps (imo) and keeping him fresh and free from injury is critical.

Not to mention that Maynard appears to be a RAW athlete who will likely only improve.

The future is certainly bright for Belfry. THe present also looks great. Just wish we knew what kind of team we REALLY have before week 10 this year.

Apparently the staff is doing all they can though to upgrade the schedule. I will live with it and support the team.
PaytoPlay Wrote:EKU,

I agree that Elkins is probably Belfry's best defensive back, BUT, playing him play after play against mediocre at best competition is not necessary IMO. Let this Maynard kid work in there and get some serious experience. Elkins is a Senior who doesn't necessarily need a LOT of reps (imo) and keeping him fresh and free from injury is critical.

Not to mention that Maynard appears to be a RAW athlete who will likely only improve.

The future is certainly bright for Belfry. THe present also looks great. Just wish we knew what kind of team we REALLY have before week 10 this year.

Apparently the staff is doing all they can though to upgrade the schedule. I will live with it and support the team.

I totally agree that there is no need to continually play him and risk injury. But, I strongly feel that they need to let him see the field each game so he will be ready when Ian Welch from JCHS, the Baker kid from Pikeville, the Allen kid from Breathitt, and any of Central's speedy wideouts come calling.

Why not use Elkins only on 3rd Downs and 4th Downs when stops are needed and/or they are obvious passing downs? This way Belfry keeps him fresh, cuts his defensive snaps in half while doubling Maynard's, and still put themselves to utilize their top cover corner in passing situations.

If we all recall Elkins injury last year came against JCHS when he came up the sideline in run support.
Is Chase Maynard any relation to Matt Maynard who played at belfry a couple of yaers ago?
Where did the Maynard kid come from? he's awesome!