Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 40 - Sheldon Clark 13
Very big win Belfry. You walk the walk before you talk the talk. Good luck both teams the rest of the year. Well for belfry all but one game (you know), can't wait will be a great game.
If Belfry is overrated I would really hate to see what the real number 1 team in 3A would do to SC!

Quality win... goal now is stay healthy vs. East Carter, use JC game as a learning tool to see what needs improved, take care of business in Round 1 and remain healthy, then bring on those Devils for another war.
Coach Hager made risky decisions when he shouldn't
sheldon clark fans really have alot of faith.. lol another year.. more talk.. same result as last year.. man my prediction was almost right on the money.. i said 42-13
Good win For Belfry there still the kings of there district and region. Sheldon Clark just needs to keep working hard in the weight room and good things will happen
Congrats Pirates very nice win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Congrats Belfry
qbdad2011 Wrote:Something about this game really got to me.....
First, Belfry was calling our plays before we broke the huddle.
Second, Belfrys Ivan Lee ran 3 touchdowns on the same play, without a single hand put on him?
Third, SC don't spread knowing thats their only prayer?

First, Ivan Lee ran wild because Belfry controlled the line of scrimmage. SC could not spread the field because 1) the quarterback cannot throw under pressure 2) when he did throw the ball, it was in panic mode and 3) Belfry brought the heat.

This wasn't an issue of play calling, the weather, etc.

I honestly think that Belfry has more experience in a big-game atmosphere. While SC players were jumping around, pounding their metal tunnel, Belfry players walked on the field with a swagger -- a swagger of confidence that carried over into a DOMINATING performance.

Stop blaming the coach and give credit where credit is deserved.

Go Bucs!
wooderson Wrote:Nine

Number of carries for Ivan Lee on the night.

Pretty impressive and hopefully this will get him going for the rest of the season.
...Amazing what the promise of potato soup will do...lol..Last Thursday night was pasta night for the players and Ivan was a fussy...lol...(Looking for potato soup)...Now I owe potato soup!Smile
straightshooter Wrote:First, Ivan Lee ran wild because Belfry controlled the line of scrimmage. SC could not spread the field because 1) the quarterback cannot throw under pressure 2) when he did throw the ball, it was in panic mode and 3) Belfry brought the heat.

This wasn't an issue of play calling, the weather, etc.

I honestly think that Belfry has more experience in a big-game atmosphere. While SC players were jumping around, pounding their metal tunnel, Belfry players walked on the field with a swagger -- a swagger of confidence that carried over into a DOMINATING performance.

Stop blaming the coach and give credit where credit is deserved.

Go Bucs!

I will agree with this post except the last part. Lets get onto Hager a little bit. While he is a great coach and guy he has set them up for failure. The weak scedule really seemed to hurt them. To be the best you have to play the best. A little more compitition early would really give them something to work on. Like i said before if we could have got the bell co game early in the season it would have helped alot. But it won't do much for you when its the week before you play for the district.
Matman Wrote:I will agree with this post except the last part. Lets get onto Hager a little bit. While he is a great coach and guy he has set them up for failure. The weak scedule really seemed to hurt them. To be the best you have to play the best. A little more compitition early would really give them something to work on. Like i said before if we could have got the bell co game early in the season it would have helped alot. But it won't do much for you when its the week before you play for the district.

You have a point. They key when playing a weak schedule, district or non district, is getting better in practice. This is on Hager's shoulders. If the Bell game was played early with the same outcome, it could have been a reality check or it could have hurt the team mentally to the point that they underachieved. Bottom line is that SC hasn't really improved.

Bell is good but you don't go their and lay a goose egg as the No. 2 ranked team in Class 3A.

It's back to the drawing board for SC. Good luck the rest of the way!
I think Hager's a pretty decent coach, myself.
Congrats Belfry on another great game and District championship. Now just make us proud and bring back another state championship.
The Bucs play team football and were not rattled by the "big" game. I love that they swagger onto the field and perform business as usual in each game. Coach Haywood is a class act and his teams are an extension of a great man. Great win, but not a surprise. :ilikeit:
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:...Amazing what the promise of potato soup will do...lol..Last Thursday night was pasta night for the players and Ivan was a fussy...lol...(Looking for potato soup)...Now I owe potato soup!Smile

I bet ya he gets it anytime he asks for it now... LOL...

Where's my crockpot?????..........

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Matman Wrote:I will agree with this post except the last part. Lets get onto Hager a little bit. While he is a great coach and guy he has set them up for failure. The weak scedule really seemed to hurt them. To be the best you have to play the best. A little more compitition early would really give them something to work on. Like i said before if we could have got the bell co game early in the season it would have helped alot. But it won't do much for you when its the week before you play for the district.

When your BOE restricts or limits travel, you limit your team and coach.
phs1986 Wrote:I bet ya he gets it anytime he asks for it now... LOL...

Feed that kid anything he wants!!! Lord knows he is waisting away to nothing Wink
From what I saw, Belfry had as many people there as Sheldon Clark did. Great statement game for the Pirates! Goal now is to stay healthy and get ready for JC and the playoffs.
phs1986 Wrote:I bet ya he gets it anytime he asks for it now... LOL...

hmmmmmmmmm....not at my house...lol...Imma have to pay to get that potato e soup made...lolTongueirateSku
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:hmmmmmmmmm....not at my house...lol...Imma have to pay to get that potato e soup made...lolTongueirateSku

I found a cajun style receipe that sounds good.... I think I may try it!!

phs1986 Wrote:I found a cajun style receipe that sounds good.... I think I may try it!!
Guess you all are tired of "red" yard bird.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
phs1986 Wrote:I found a cajun style receipe that sounds good.... I think I may try it!!
Better beware of that. It will give Mr.D gas LOL
jgrubby Wrote:Guess you all are tired of "red" yard bird.

You just can't get those feathers out of your teeth!! lol Smile
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Coach Hager made risky decisions when he shouldn't

Can't blame it on the coach..He's not the one missing tackles and falling for the same play over and over...I think Belfry scored their first two touchdowns on "Dive plays" on the same side of the field. Belfry's offense, is always the same...nothing changes much...everyone knows that and I know Shawn knows the Belfry system since he did play for Belfry. Shawns a great guy and a great coach. The kids from SC didnt give up and I applaud them for that, but they just did'nt perform well when the game really counted.

Good luck to the Cards for the rest of the season until we "potentially" meet again, this time at the CAM...upon Heartbreak Hill!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Haywood went on to say, “(Sheldon Clark) did pretty much exactly what we expected them to do and I was pleased with how our

defense reacted.”

This quote from the WDN sums up exactly why Belfry owns Sheldon Clark. The Pirate coaches consistently scout SC to perfection and prepare their boys better then any staff in the mountains.
[quote=EKUAlum05]Haywood went on to say, “(Sheldon Clark) did pretty much exactly what we expected them to do and I was pleased with how our

defense reacted.”

This quote from the WDN sums up exactly why Belfry owns Sheldon Clark. The Pirate coaches consistently scout SC to perfection and prepare their boys better then any staff in the mountains.[/QUOT

agree all the way... nice post
cobra67 Wrote:Better beware of that. It will give Mr.D gas LOL

How about I bring you a nice, big, hot bowl of it to try?? Think it would give you gas too???? LMAO.... Tongue

phs1986 Wrote:How about I bring you a nice, big, hot bowl of it to try?? Think it would give you gas too???? LMAO.... Tongue

I knew the game was over when Big Ivan outran the whole SC team twice and SC was still trying to pass. If you can run it 3 or 4 yards a play, then do it. Do not try to prove a young quarterback can throw in conditions like that. Belfry only went back to pass once, and Elkins ended up scrambling. I agree with EKU. Stay healthy and roll over East Carter, then plan to cram the box on JC. I don't know if it will work or not but the Eagles will be by far the best team Belfry has played. I predict a state finals appearance again. I give the Big Red a slight advantage over Russell, Mason, and Breathitt in the east. I give a slight advantage to Central in the western part of the state, but they have me confused a little bit, but I believe they will be strong enough to get back to Louisville. BTW, when I was told the new turf at SC was the Tiger Turf, just like at Papa John's Stadium, I smiled and knew that Belfry would be OK. They are pretty used to playing in Louisville. Also, some of that potato soup would taste good this Friday at CAM at the tailgate.
bucslover68 Wrote:I knew the game was over when Big Ivan outran the whole SC team twice and SC was still trying to pass. If you can run it 3 or 4 yards a play, then do it. Do not try to prove a young quarterback can throw in conditions like that. Belfry only went back to pass once, and Elkins ended up scrambling. I agree with EKU. Stay healthy and roll over East Carter, then plan to cram the box on JC. I don't know if it will work or not but the Eagles will be by far the best team Belfry has played. I predict a state finals appearance again. I give the Big Red a slight advantage over Russell, Mason, and Breathitt in the east. I give a slight advantage to Central in the western part of the state, but they have me confused a little bit, but I believe they will be strong enough to get back to Louisville. BTW, when I was told the new turf at SC was the Tiger Turf, just like at Papa John's Stadium, I smiled and knew that Belfry would be OK. They are pretty used to playing in Louisville. Also, some of that potato soup would taste good this Friday at CAM at the tailgate.

I know I'm off topic, but my dear you will probably be gettin your wish... Tailgate night (unless its changed) will be soups and chili. Its parent night and we can't have a ton of cooking going on with all the dads having to go out on the field wearing their supper!! LOL....

I may even bake a big pan of Mexican cornbread to top it off with!! Smile
Looks like not only the crockpot is coming out of the box but the iron skillet is gonna get its turn as well this weekend!!! HAHAHA....

Maybe Hager panicked a little when he was down two touchdowns, and wanted to do something to spark some fire in his team before they were mentally beaten. That's probably why he started passing. Hindsight is 20/20, so you can't hold it against him that he tried to test the Belfry pass defense: the run D had shut them down at that point, time to try something else.

As far as SC being overconfident, or having an attitude problem, it's difficult for a coach to bring his players down to earth, to tell them that they need to work harder, when the rest of the community is telling them they're already good enough...