Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard soccer next year
cougarpride08 Wrote:So is letcher central still in the same distric as perry?

Yep
This has come to be very competitive rivalry.
Yes, they are in the same district with Perry. I am glad Hazard got soccer cause it makes for a great rivalary with PCC .... Should be fun to watch the boyz games this year!
dore20 Wrote:losing by 3 in soccer is alot.... Obviously hazard people know nothing about soccer.

So I guess when Corbin beat pcc 6-0 in the region that was like a loss so bad that people are still talking about it, huh?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:So I guess when Corbin beat pcc 6-0 in the region that was like a loss so bad that people are still talking about it, huh?

Yes it was a bad loss but Hazard will probably NEVER make it to the region finals.... And i really mean NEVER
never say never. No one thought that Letcher Central would be good at soccer, but look what we done. Two district runners up, and one district championship. Hazard got a chance for sure to be good. Give teams a chance.
cougarpride08 Wrote:never say never. No one thought that Letcher Central would be good at soccer, but look what we done. Two district runners up, and one district championship. Hazard got a chance for sure to be good. Give teams a chance.

NO they wont.... And Letcher inproved because of people like Dusin Adams, Austin Sizemore, and Brandon Little....
cougarpride08 Wrote:never say never. No one thought that Letcher Central would be good at soccer, but look what we done. Two district runners up, and one district championship. Hazard got a chance for sure to be good. Give teams a chance.

Never. :thumpsup:
Never say Never:biggrin:
Here is the reasons that Hazard will never make a region final:
1: Experience, there are a few players from Hazard that know how to play the game. But for most of them, this is the first time that they have played higher level competition, they don't know how to handle it.
2: No coach. That's about all you can say there. He has no idea what's going on on the pitch.
3: Decreased level of talent. They just don't have enough talent yet to beat the upper echelon teams of the district. For example, Letcher and Perry. Even if they did pull an upset in district, It's completely different in region playing teams like Corbin and South Laurel.

The list could go on and on.
but still you don't say never. Some kids who are 5th graders might look at this sport pick it up, and have natural talent. One of these days hazard might. I also want to commend them for using the turf field for there soccer team. We at Letcher Central are scared to death to let a soccer ball even touch the turf field. I think it is a shame, and I think the powers that be need to be ashamed. Great job, and great class for Hazard Ind.
Does Hazard have a new coach yet?
I didn't know Hazard didn't have a soccer coach.
Hazard / Perry County have a youth soccer league that will help Hazard's program. Before last year the only program that benefitted from the HPCYSL was Perry. Now some the Hazard kids that played in HPCYSL will have a team once they enter high school. But they are still behind in terms of program development as compared to Perry and Letcher. Like someone posted before, the lack of a knowledgeable coach hurts as well. If they can hire a coach who actually knows something about the game, that would be a big step forward. One thing Perry and Letcher will always have on Hazard is the size of their talent pool. It’s just a numbers game. Hazard Soccer will always be in numbers crunch because they are a class a school. Perry and Letcher just have a bigger number of kids to pull from to field a team. The key could be to get the basketball and baseball players who are not playing football to join team.

On a side note I did watch the Hazard/Perry U19 team play Letcher and was impressed with how well they played. It was great to see city and county kids playing together. Proving that it is the adults are to blame for the rift between the two schools. Not the kids. Also Deron Amis was impressive in goal. I could see him being a college goalie with his size and athleticism. Did he play for PCC last year?
I think it is GREAT Hazard has added soccer! Any ideal who will be coach this year?
any idea as to who they want?
Nope, haven't heard of anyone. Have u?
Soccer at Hazard High School??????????? Since when??????
Last year was there first year in soccer. They now have a turn field which is"Shared" with the football team. They don't do that here.
hazards boys will do good...........
No doubt...all of the players cant wait to play again for hazard