Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th predictions?
Jenkins will be taking the 14th region home this season...
Although Estill Co. will be some competition for Jenkins, I think they will be ready to take the region this year. They are playing in some tournaments with some very good teams in them. I think they'll be more than ready. =]
cougarpride08 Wrote:to me the cougars will have a hard time this year. With Jenkins returning a lot of players from last years regional runner up. This is really the only sport that has been disapointing since Letcher County Central started 4 years ago.

They are returning all of there starters this season plus alot of new talent is coming out this year for the lady cavs
Jenkins looks good
i think it is pretty obvious that estill has it in the bag and jackson city may be able to play in their district but not with the girls in the other parts of the region
Love to see LCC bring one home...... but im gonna have to take the Estill Neers' on this one.
idontkno Wrote:She didnt do a very good job last season....

She was just a freshman, cut her some slack. I think LCC will be solid this year, but as for beating Jenkins I dunno.
Jenkins has a great chance of winning region. They got back all of their starters and are led by a great coach. Estill will probably be their biggest competition, but didn't they loose their starting pitcher last year? How does the Estill lineup look this year?
I think Estill lost their starting pitcher and catcher who happened to be their best hitter. Beyond that I don't know.
katie robinson will lead the region in home runs no doubt
Sm00re Wrote:i think that spencer moore form breathitt county will be by far the best player in the 14th region and maybe even in the state!!!!!

No you won"t.Not even the best in the county.Kim Barnett at Jackson is the best in the 14th.
cougarpride08 Wrote:to me the cougars will have a hard time this year. With Jenkins returning a lot of players from last years regional runner up. This is really the only sport that has been disapointing since Letcher County Central started 4 years ago.

Jenkins
Jenkins
Looks like it may be Jenkins and Estill fighting it out once again this year in the Regional final. That is if they don't end up in the same bracket. If they do, the winner out of that bracket should be going to the state.
agree
I hear that, Cordia girls are going to be having a team again this year. I hope they can just go out and complete after not having a team last season. I hear they got about 3 girls that could play on about any team in the reigon but other than that not much. Good luck Lady Lions!
Hopefully Perry can do some damage
king360 Wrote:Hopefully Perry can do some damage

PCC got a new coach, She played softball for Pikeville. Shes young but Im sure she knows the game well. Good Luck Lady Dores.
idontkno Wrote:They are returning all of there starters this season plus alot of new talent is coming out this year for the lady cavs

what abot that Sierra Kiser girl that transferred to Jenkins...

she any good???
untouchable13 Wrote:what abot that Sierra Kiser girl that transferred to Jenkins...

she any good???

She came from Lcc last season and started in left field, shes pretty good on deffense, idk how she will do at bat with the faster pitchers
Jackson City will win there dist. But the region will be tough. I think it will take a good team to beat them . There pitcher is back and only a freshmen throwed alot last year and done very well. will be tough to win it all JMO Good luck Tigers!!!
Jackson's pitcher is an 8th grader...
cincydoom96 Wrote:Jenkins will be taking the 14th region home this season...

:please:
GRIFFIN Wrote::please:

They will It's a gauran **** tee
It will be just like last year.

Jenkins will have a better record than Estill, but due to Estill's location they play a very strong schedule, as they also do in baseball. They play a lot of Bluegrass area schools. They take a few L's, but when region tourney time comes they're more than ready.

I believe they have won it every year they've been a new member of the region, like 3 straight. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's right.
GRIFFIN Wrote::please:

Jenkins has got this one...

and who do you think will be bringing the trophy home?
Lady Cougars will never be competitive in this sport if they never get any good pitching.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Lady Cougars will never be competitive in this sport if they never get any good pitching.

IMO pitching's not the problem......... I like Bumper, he's a good guy but as far as coaching goes he's at the bottom of the barrel. Honestly I'd LOVE to see his brother Dickie take over another ladies sport in softball......... Look what he did at Whitesburg. He completly turned that program around winning a 14th region title! The man can coach any sport he's proved that.
That is asking him a lot to be in something all year round. The man has enough on his table, but if he is willing to do it, then I don't blame him. If nothing else come in as a assistant and get some girls to come out for the team.
Estill did loose a few players but once u figure out how to win it becomes much easier.