•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 2009
i see them goin 3-7 just my opinion....but they do have a good athlete in dylan hamilton comin up so prove me wrong
Cats should make it.
I know all of these seniors stepping up, and i think they got a big leader in greg neeley. I've heard good things about him.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Yeh they have been lifting for about a little over week now I believe. They also have a number of the next class of seniors coming out that has fball experience, but havent played since there freshman or sophmore year for whatever reason.

Yeah, in fact we have some good numbers in the weight room. 25, when i counted earlier. I'm looking forward to this season. We've been working hard.
List of seniors:
greg neeley
branston jarrell
chad risner
charles lewis
steven wright
jared robinson
cody kinney
ryan lewis
matthew boyd
Gabe hall
cody gross
Thats as of right now, i've talked to a few more people, after basketball seniors that are coming out most likely. Betsy Layne is on the rise, IMO. and im loving it
They should do good this year. Hard work pays off.
Alot Of Talent Coming In 09' Several Will Be Able To Contribute Early I Beleive. These Boys Play Other Sports And Are Great Athletes, But I Know Football Is There Passion. With The Leadership Of The Returning Players Betsy Layne Football Is On The Rise. For That Matter I Think Betsy Layne Sports Period Is On The Rise.
Whats their schedule for next year?
the schedule looks like this now.
Scrimmage vs Knot County Central, Matewan, Harlan Ind. at BL
week 0 Bishop Brossart Home
Week 1 Burch, WV AWAY
Week 2 Open
Week 3 Jackson County Home
Week 4 Magoffin County AWAY
Week 5 Phelps AWAY
Week 6 South Floyd Home
Week 7 Paintsville Home
Week 8 Pikeville Home
Week 9 Allen Central Away
Week 10 Jenkins Away
scbmike1 Wrote:Alot Of Talent Coming In 09' Several Will Be Able To Contribute Early I Beleive. These Boys Play Other Sports And Are Great Athletes, But I Know Football Is There Passion. With The Leadership Of The Returning Players Betsy Layne Football Is On The Rise. For That Matter I Think Betsy Layne Sports Period Is On The Rise.

I Agree!
Get Your Popcorn ready folks!!
Betsy Layne looks as if their going to step above the compition in floyd county, other than Pburg, the next couple years they should be the best team in the county. I think the BL players have alot of heart in their program and now they see it's their time to shine and they're going to run with it. Im not saying their going to be one of the best teams in Eastern Kentucky, but now they should get some respect if they play hard and win games like I think they're going to. Good Luck in 09 Bobcats!!
If I remember it wan't just the seniors that got the bobcats to the playoffs......And some of these new seniors joining the bobcats this year shouldn't even be aloud to play....I think that the ones who have played the last couple of years should be the ones who play....NOT the ones who just joined because they are seniors.....Thats bull ****!!!!

I think last years team had alot of talent "all grades"
I think you need to realize that football is a team sport we are trying to build a program. I hope you know that coach does get on here and knows who you are.
I see BL going 6-4
I this year will be a great year. The bobcats will look for some of the young guns to play some pivotal roles for the bobcats to get success.

J.v. schedule is done, the bobcats have nine j.v. games
its going to be the usual trust me
mullinstiger55 Wrote:its going to be the usual trust me

The usual? ...hmm, well i think that its going to be far from that. these boys are working hard, and i have faith that they will bring it to the house. Great numbers are showing up for weight lifting. More and more ppl are becoming interested in bobcat football. Like i aid previously, bobcat sports in general, i on the rise. So, its not gonna be the usual. We take pride in what we do here, and dedication is key, and we have it. So on that note, i disagree.
mullinstiger55, its alright, dont worry. Its alright to jump. Do it, everyone is doing it.JUMP!JUMP!

JOIN THE BANDWAGON
Bandwagon? What bandwagon? BL won three games last year. BL beat Burch, Phelps, and South Floyd. BL Lost to a horrible Jenkins team. Sure they made the playoffs and congrats on that. But there is nothing to be jumping on a bandwagon just yet. IMO BL has a long way to go before they can become a threat in the district.
So real Badman, think did I say we are going to win district? No sir I didnt. Can we? Heck yeah. But I am just letting you and everyone else know Betsy Layne is a program on the way up. Our grade school is established. Not to mention the coaching staff is in there third year. Give it time. The staff is established and we are adding some great coaches to the staff. We actually have a coach for each position now. We have a full junior varisty schedule. We are playing teams that we can compete with. The players have learned the system and how the coaches do everything. We have 95% of the offense coming back. We made the playoffs for the first time in 31 years.

And yeah we lost three games that should have won. We are a young team that looked over teams, but it won't happen again.

So its o.k. to hate, but the bobcats are working hard and will build a respected program.
betsylaynealum Wrote:So real Badman, think did I say we are going to win district? No sir I didnt. Can we? Heck yeah. But I am just letting you and everyone else know Betsy Layne is a program on the way up. Our grade school is established. Not to mention the coaching staff is in there third year. Give it time. The staff is established and we are adding some great coaches to the staff. We actually have a coach for each position now. We have a full junior varisty schedule. We are playing teams that we can compete with. The players have learned the system and how the coaches do everything. We have 95% of the offense coming back. We made the playoffs for the first time in 31 years.

And yeah we lost three games that should have won. We are a young team that looked over teams, but it won't happen again.

So its o.k. to hate, but the bobcats are working hard and will build a respected program.

I don't think he hates BL...he just don't think that anyone is jumping on the bandwagon.
i know, it will take time.
betsylaynealum Wrote:i know, it will take time.

That's the attitude you gotta have. I hope BL takes a turn for the good this year. Best of luck to you.
thanks for the comments, I know the coaches are working hard getting everything ready.
betsylaynealum Wrote:thanks for the comments, I know the coaches are working hard getting everything ready.

From the talk on here they're going to have to do alot to back themselves up this year.
I know the coaches tell us to work hard, show up to weightlifting, give everything and we will be rewarded. If that means "backing it up" thats fine. I just want everyone to know we are working real hard in the weightroom.

GO BOBCATS
Just reading some of the posts. everyone says that BL is on the rise! there is a whole lot of talk! By looking at the list of seniors, i have seen up to 11. That means that they probably had that many Juniors this past year. It looks to me that after this year they are going to be rebuilding. When you only show up with about 25 or so, you say goodbye to 11, that does not leave much.
betsylaynealum Wrote:Jonathan Parsons
Adam Collins
Justin Akers
Bobby Wise
Billy Spencer
Travis Slone
Bo Hamilton
Brennan Case
B.C. Thornsberry
Eric Hughes
among others

I would suggest to double check before you start making people look at your program. some of these names are pretty familiar as recent BL graduates. In Floyd County, you must be 21 and have went through all the volunteer training to coach.
Johnny Tyler Mad Cap Wrote:I would suggest to double check before you start making people look at your program. some of these names are pretty familiar as recent BL graduates. In Floyd County, you must be 21 and have went through all the volunteer training to coach.

My exact thoughts when I read that post.
when they are on staff, does not mean they are on the sidelines. For the coaches that are under 21. They are in the box, no where around the kids. One will do clock, one will be announcer. Trust me parsons makes sure all paperwork is took care of. Thats my problem with people, quit trying to cut us down. We are on the rise. We had 8 seniors to be exact. We keep 95% of our offense did I say anything about our defense. We have 11 new players that didnt play last year. We have 16 8th graders that played for the Floyd county champs, so numbers won't be a problem.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next