Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 65 - Betsy Layne 49
I agree with most that Blackcats were amazing in the second half. I certainly expected this game to go down to the wire. The Blackcats played with more emotion than i have seen in years. Coach Pack brings a competitive energy to the team that really shows on the floor. BL has a good team and will be knocking on the door down the stretch for sure. The big kid from Pburg needs to be more physical, he has good talent but you have to body up to play the game. I'm sure that will happen later in the season under the guide of Coach Pack.

A new nickname for the Blackcats= Jack's "Pack"
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:I agree with most that Blackcats were amazing in the second half. I certainly expected this game to go down to the wire. The Blackcats played with more emotion than i have seen in years. Coach Pack brings a competitive energy to the team that really shows on the floor. BL has a good team and will be knocking on the door down the stretch for sure. The big kid from Pburg needs to be more physical, he has good talent but you have to body up to play the game. I'm sure that will happen later in the season under the guide of Coach Pack.

I like it.
Thorn67 Wrote:As of right now going by record yes pburg is #1 what I was saying is I still think Betsy Layne is the better team they had a sloppy second half which killed them. If BL would have played smart and buckeld down on defense they would have won this game.
they had a sloppy second half because of Pburgs defense.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:they had a sloppy second half because of Pburgs defense.

yea this is true the match up zone really hurt them
Congrats blackcats, BUt the game was at pburg. We still have one at the dome. So nothing is over. And I promise you it will be a little different when slone is back. Adam Slone will make up a lot of difference. Can't wait for part 2.
Congrats Pburg, and I'll be the first to admit I was wrong on this one. However, if they were only playing one half I would have been dead on!!!!!! lol.....Congrats again, and GOOD LUCK through the rest of the season. It'll be a dandy of a contest if these two meet in the District finals, which I believe they will!!
Stats :

P-burg
Burchett 28 pts 8 rebounds (Six threes)
Tackett 15 pts
Stumbo 12 pts
Patrick 6 pts
Gearheart 3 pts
Setser 2 pts

Betsy Layne
Martin 11 pts
Tibbs 10 pts
Tackett 8 pts
Newman 7 pts
B. Adkins 8 pts
C. Adkins 3 pts
Maldonado 2 pts
WHAT HAPPEN??????

i'll tell u what happen....Martin wasn't hitting...Tibbs was playing his best.....Newman and Tacket were took out of the game to soon for who knows what reason....when they went out of the game the inside became wide open and the bobcats went down hill from there....
This season has just began...so u can not tell who has the district locked...P-burg came to play last night and they were pumped...the Bobcats were not ready to play from the beginning...

Bobcats better step it up .....they have great talent, but dont know how to use it......
BL had a terrible game last night....as u can see martin who normally has at least 15-20 points per game only had 11.....we will see who is best in the end...this game dont mean anything....
I guess when Prestonsburg plays Betsy Layne at Betsy Layne we'll find out whos got the better team.

Congrats Blackcats on The HUGE district win.
Prestonsburg has shown that they are the best team in the district thus far. Yet I wouldn't write-off Betsy Layne yet. The return of Josh Head along with any help they get from Adam Slone will boost this ballclub in their next meeting.

Overall, one of the best efforts I've seen from a Prestonsburg team in a long time. Really put together a great game all around. I believe Prestonsburg finished with 8 turnovers! Just a great effort from the Blackcats...

As of now, Prestonsburg & Betsy Layne are heads of the class in the 58th...And I like that nickname for Prestonsburg, "Jack's Pack"...
BBALL_Action09 Wrote:WHAT HAPPEN??????

i'll tell u what happen....Martin wasn't hitting...Tibbs was playing his best.....Newman and Tacket were took out of the game to soon for who knows what reason....when they went out of the game the inside became wide open and the bobcats went down hill from there....

Translation.....Great Prestonsburg defense...
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:I agree with most that Blackcats were amazing in the second half. I certainly expected this game to go down to the wire. The Blackcats played with more emotion than i have seen in years. Coach Pack brings a competitive energy to the team that really shows on the floor. BL has a good team and will be knocking on the door down the stretch for sure. The big kid from Pburg needs to be more physical, he has good talent but you have to body up to play the game. I'm sure that will happen later in the season under the guide of Coach Pack.

I really like it...lol
BBALL_Action09 Wrote:BL had a terrible game last night....as u can see martin who normally has at least 15-20 points per game only had 11.....we will see who is best in the end...this game dont mean anything....

Ohh yeah this game doesnt mean anything. Its just a district game that determines the #1 seed in the tourney. But it would have been different if it was at BL. Think before you speak or type. lol. Every district game counts.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Well ive seen them both play. Pburg twice. I am not impressed with either team by any means and no team from this district will compete outside the district, but IMO, Pburg has the district locked up and BL is 2nd, but its a pretty distant second. Congrats on the win pburg and glad to see Burchett have a good game. Best player in the district IMO

i totally disagree...you will see both of these teams go deep into the post season.....they both have a real shot of making to the regional semi finals.....one may even make it to the championship game.....these two teams are well coached......

i didn't want to make another post............

hats off to jack pack....the 2-3 match up defense in the 2nd half took bl by suprise......hats off to the blackcats to for execution......but next time bl will be more prepared to face that defense and the game will not just be tight for 3 quarters..the next game will be a nail biter take my word...these teams are more evenly matched than whta i thought...two good teams........great game for michael stephens....he was shooting threes from music carter hughes.....also good game for richie tackett of bl, love to watch this kid play he has desire and he is always hustling (rare for a big man)
Has Been Wrote:i totally disagree...you will see both of these teams go deep into the post season.....they both have a real shot of making to the regional semi finals.....one may even make it to the championship game.....these two teams are well coached......

hats off to jack pack....the 2-3 match up defense in the 2nd half took bl by suprise......hats off to the blackcats to for execution......but next time bl will be more prepared to face that defense and the game will not just be tight for 3 quarters..the next game will be a nail biter take my word...these teams are more evenly matched than whta i thought...two good teams........great game for michael stephens....he was shooting threes from music carter hughes.....also good game for richie tackett of bl, love to watch this kid play he has desire and he is always hustling (rare for a big man)

I suppose you mean Michael Burchett.

Wink
Has Been Wrote:i totally disagree...you will see both of these teams go deep into the post season.....they both have a real shot of making to the regional semi finals.....one may even make it to the championship game.....these two teams are well coached......

i agree, next game will be a dandy!
I see both BL and Jack's "Pack" making some noise in the regional if they are fortunate enough to get there. I'm sure SF or AC would like to spoil that party. Shelby Valley already has reservations for March but remember anything is possible. How many times have we seen the clear favorite get upset. It aint over. The 15th Regional could be Spoilerville........
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:I see both BL and Jack's "Pack" making some noise in the regional if they are fortunate enough to get there. I'm sure SF or AC would like to spoil that party. Shelby Valley already has reservations for March but remember anything is possible. How many times have we seen the clear favorite get upset. It aint over. The 15th Regional could be Spoilerville........

Great post.
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:I see both BL and Jack's "Pack" making some noise in the regional if they are fortunate enough to get there. I'm sure SF or AC would like to spoil that party. Shelby Valley already has reservations for March but remember anything is possible. How many times have we seen the clear favorite get upset. It aint over. The 15th Regional could be Spoilerville........

nice nickname......i really underestimated him as a coach but after Tuesday I'm a believer
jolly rancher Wrote:nice nickname......i really underestimated him as a coach but after Tuesday I'm a believer

Thanks im glad to see him getting some recognition. Newsome is a really good coach as well.
As of now Prestonsburg is the better team and #1 in the district. However, I feel the next game between the two will be more of a deciding factor on who is better. Given, that both excellent coaches will watch game tape of the opposing team x number of times, make adjustments and prepare his team for their next matchup. So we'll see how the two do against one another after seeing through game 1 what the other has to offer. JMO
100%SUCCESS Wrote:As of now Prestonsburg is the better team and #1 in the district. However, I feel the next game between the two will be more of a deciding factor on who is better. Given, that both excellent coaches will watch game tape of the opposing team x number of times, make adjustments and prepare his team for their next matchup. So we'll see how the two do against one another after seeing through game 1 what the other has to offer. JMO

I agree for the most part
You guys still think that BL can run with Valley....lol.
Magnum PI Wrote:You guys still think that BL can run with Valley....lol.

That's random!!!!! No need to try to start something?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:That's random!!!!! No need to try to start something?

Not random and not starting anything. BL fan stated in an earlier thread that they believed this. I was just asking if they still felt the same after this game.