Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More on Obama's Diplomacy
Old School Wrote:Let's see first you used the First Admendment to bash Bush and the republicans for 8 years. Now that your man is in the White House you want everyone to play nice and sing why can't we be friends, well it doesn't always work that way, remember my friend you reap what you sow and you sowed a lot during the last 8 years.

Thanks for giving me the chance to take the high road, but no thanks. I think I will defer to the second half, I may try the low road for a while since it was good enough for you.

Was it wrong for you to bash Bush? Probably so. Was it wrong for you to disagree with him? No it wasn't. Is it wrong for me to bash Barry? Probably so. Is it wrong to disagree with him? No it's not. One thing is for sure you can call it bashing, and I can call it disagreeing with him either way I still have 3 years and 9 months to do either one I choose.

During the Bush administration liberals said everyone needs to speak out and voice their opinions. Now conservatives throw one little tea party and some liberal's calls anyone who attended or believes in what the party stood for is a racist redneck. What's that all about I thought they just wanted to unite and bring the country together?
I don't know if I want to hug you or punch you in the face.:Clap:

What the hey, I'll buy you a beer.:Thumbs:
jetpilot Wrote:No, I asked the question...and you didn't answer it.

You are suggesting that you don't overhear people make comments that would offend citizens of another country, comments that AT LEAST hint that the United States is the "greatest place on earth," or "the most free people in the world" and other such? I do hear that and overhear it in general converssations. I've answered your question: again, if you don't accept the answer or refuse it, that's a different issue.
^^You haven't given any examples of people wagging their finger at other countries. You've again just given your opinion that it happens in general.
NO examples. Exactly what I expected. Thanks for playing.
jetpilot Wrote:^^You haven't given any examples of people wagging their finger at other countries. You've again just given your opinion that it happens in general.
NO examples. Exactly what I expected. Thanks for playing.

Didn't know it was a gameshow. However, as I posted before, I have overheard people say and have heard them say in direct conversation and have heard said on talk radio things equivalent to "We're #1" mindset. If you are suggesting I have to place a specific "map spot" at each conversation, that's foolish... but, to humor you, I'll give you one: Sue Wiley, WVLK 590, discussing illegal immingrants in Lexington... caller says (and I hope it's ok if I paraphrase): "People from all over the world want to come here because life is better here than anywhere else." I think it is safe to say that this is considered by many overseas as a frequent idea in the American public.