Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastball or Curveball?
Both are great pitches when thrown in the proper situation. The biggest thing is when to or when not to throw the curve. How many times on an 0-2 count do you see someone throw a curveball? It would have been more effective if it had been set up by a good fastball just off the plate. The other thing I have noticed is that a lot of high school age kids can't throw a curveball for a strike on a regular basis. Then again if you go to the plate and hit the first pitch fastball you never have to worry about seeing the curveball.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Which is harder to hit?

I think that they just work off of each other! I know when my fastball is on my curveball can be hard to hit. Coach Hall really works us on setting everything up. But a good curveball is not saw a lot around here so i'd say the curveball.
It really depends on the fastball, and curveball. Are we talking a 90mph fastball? A pitcher that can locate his fastball at 90mph would be harder to hit than a curveball. The curveball is easier to pick up on thus giving you a little time to adjust.
If you are talking about a 75 mph fastball, I would say it's a toss up.