•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Girls OVC middle school
MaroonMafia Wrote:I was told today that McKenzie Vanover has a knee injury and could be out for a while.

I was told it was nothing really serious, she apparently injured it during softball season and now it's time to rest it for a while. I thought they told me it would be a couple of weeks.
MaroonMafia Wrote:I was told today that McKenzie Vanover has a knee injury and could be out for a while.

yea she does, but she should be back in action and cleared this weekend. She ia just an addition to an already stacked class and even if she is out <verity will be just fine.
Did Boyd lose some 8th graders?
Glad to hear that Vanover is doing better.
She will make Verity an ever deeper team this year.
Anybody got any scoop on Raceland, Fairview,and Elliot co ?

8th grade should be a toss-up with Mckell and Russel but several people tells me that Lewis and Fairview will surprise a few teams.
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:Glad to hear that Vanover is doing better.
She will make Verity an ever deeper team this year.

Both 7 & 8 defeated east carter and wurtland today. Both teams looked really good.
Any ovc team that would like to come to martin county and play a team in the conference is invited to come to martin county shootout to be held aug 29th .. Sara elliott ( former uk lady cat center) is now helping coach the girls middle school team..

Just leave pm here if interested

thanks for your time
MaroonMafia Wrote:Both 7 & 8 defeated east carter and wurtland today. Both teams looked really good.

looks like the battle for the ovc has started between verity and east
oldfoggie13 Wrote:Any ovc team that would like to come to martin county and play a team in the conference is invited to come to martin county shootout to be held aug 29th .. Sara elliott ( former uk lady cat center) is now helping coach the girls middle school team..

Just leave pm here if interested

thanks for your time

I don't have no say so but would like to see verity come that way, maybe you could contact the school and invite them down. i'll try to mention this to the coaches:1:
MaroonMafia Wrote:Both 7 & 8 defeated east carter and wurtland today. Both teams looked really good.

Yea the 8th grade verity girls looked great,dominate as they controlled east by double digits all game. 7th i thought struggled but led east from the tip and solidified them as the team to beat.both 7th and 8th play east again next week and we will know then if it was just a fluke.
Roundball fan Wrote:Anybody got any scoop on Raceland, Fairview,and Elliot co ?

8th grade should be a toss-up with Mckell and Russel but several people tells me that Lewis and Fairview will surprise a few teams.

Raceland- not sure about this year but they were down last year.
Fairview - Very Solid team...they have shooters
Elliot Co - Not sure
Lewis Co - They have a nice group coming with size
Mckell - should be one of the teams to beat even without one of their top players that has knee trouble.
Russell - My opinion is the best of the small schools this year. :1::Cheerlead
Wurtland - in a rebuilding year.
i have sent emails to coach but no response..

maybe you can help

thanks
Verity heads up the road Friday evening to play East and West Carter. Good luck girls.
Boyd County will be there as well.
Boyd will play on Saturday VS East & West It is early but this will be a good indication of what everyone has. Someone keep us posted on scores.
the games are played in 15min. halves running clock, with the score resetting at half time. 7th grade verity beat west 18-0, then 8-6. east beat verity 14-11, the verity won by 2 forgot the exact score.
any updates on the tournament at east i see that the battle for ovc between east and verity has started how did the 2nd day of tournament go?
East took 3 from Boyd Co. tonight. won the 6th and 7th both by around 15. 8th grade won by 2 in OT.
Verity 30 West Carter 8 7th grade
Verity 26 West Carter 12 8th grade

Good road win.

Anyone have any stats?
I heard the McKenzie Vanover and Brett Ashley were real solid last night.
fairview over raceland 8th grade 49 to 9
bungles Wrote:fairview over raceland 8th grade 49 to 9
wow I thought this would have been alot closer.
starters didn't play in the 4th
MaroonMafia Wrote:Verity 30 West Carter 8 7th grade
Verity 26 West Carter 12 8th grade

Good road win.

Anyone have any stats?

Only that Vanover and Justice were high scorers in 8th game

and Gransbery 14 points, 4 rebounds and Foutch 8 points, 9 rebounds for 7th

Both teams are playing good basketball
Fairview 48 Elliott CO. 32 8TH GRADE 7TH WON BY ABOUT 10.
Fairview is playing some tough defense and timely outside shooting. Good job.
Fairview has a big test tuesday with russell.
Rowan comes to verity tomorrow, should be a good game to watch.
STILL LOOKING FOR TEAMS TO FILL THE SPOTS IN THE SHELDON CLARK LADY CARDS MIDDLE SCHOOL PRIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN TOURNAMENT TO BE HELD
SEPT 12/13 AT SHELDON CLARK HIGH SCHOOL

YOU CAN CONTACT THE MOUNTAIN CITIZEN AT 298-3570

OR EMAIL [email]darrin.rice@martin.kyschool.us[/email] or [email]pammy_48_2004@yahoo.com[/email]

or leave private..

would love to have some of the ovc teams to compete....

thanks for your time

:worthy:
[quote=MaroonMafia]Rowan comes to verity tomorrow, should be a good game to watch.[/QUOTE

Both grades last year were able to sweep the series. Hopefully this will continue.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next