Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4.39 speed
No his name Cory Davenport runs a 4.43 and his brother Cody runs a 4.5 40 both from combine in Atlanta this summer.
NUC ultimate 100 combine in ATL. Davenport 4.51 forty yard , 4.33 shuttle , bench reps @135 , 18 .NUC ultimate 100 in IND. Skyles from Sheldon Clark, 4.58 forty yard, 4.34 shuttle, bench reps @ 135 , 38. These numbers are tremendous and they are both just sophmores, but the times are realistic, there was only 1 that ran 4.45 in the 40 that was the fastast time in the country as far as rising sophs. And as a running backs coach at Marshall stated,( times are great to look at on paper and brag about but production on the field is what counts)
Nucfootball.com
cuppett777 Wrote:i dont believe it until i see it,thats just whats in the paper..

Stardust Wrote:Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like his shuttle time may have been posted by mistake as his 40. Where did you get the 4.52 time from?

No I was referring to Corey Davenport. (Bell Co.)
kp10 Wrote:NUC ultimate 100 combine in ATL. Davenport 4.51 forty yard , 4.33 shuttle , bench reps @135 , 18 .NUC ultimate 100 in IND. Skyles from Sheldon Clark, 4.58 forty yard, 4.34 shuttle, bench reps @ 135 , 38. These numbers are tremendous and they are both just sophmores, but the times are realistic, there was only 1 that ran 4.45 in the 40 that was the fastast time in the country as far as rising sophs. And as a running backs coach at Marshall stated,( times are great to look at on paper and brag about but production on the field is what counts)

He ran a 4.43.
There is no listing of a Corey Davenport on the Atl. u-100 combine or Atl. combine. There is a Devin Davenport , Bell County , Ky. rb/cb Is this the same person?
Cody Davenport rising Jr. is listed in both Atl. 100 and Atl. combines his time in the 40 was 4.68 not 4.5. Not trying to argue just stating the results of the combne.This is a good example of the discrepencies in times, 4.6's fast, 4.5's exceptional, 4.4's very few out there, 4.3's world class.
kp10 Wrote:There is no listing of a Corey Davenport on the Atl. u-100 combine or Atl. combine. There is a Devin Davenport , Bell County , Ky. rb/cb Is this the same person?

He's name might include Devin?
sstack Wrote:You are correct, and that is what I have been saying. Look at the style runner Bolt is; Very!!!! long legs with an exceptionally long stride. He would probably not make a good running back due to the type of runner he is. Football runners and track runners are usually not the same.

You don't reckon? Lol, that's why someone with his body type and speed is playing wideout. Who wants a skinny running back who will get plowed if he tries to go up the middle?
cat86 Wrote:Here is a blurb from an article about Usain Bolt and his world record breaking time recently:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><style> </style> "Bolt's incredible 9.58 clocking in the 100 meters should have an affect on how recruitniks now look at 40 times.

A former colleague passed along a "biomechanical analysis" of Bolt's run, which included his times at 20-meter intervals. He ran the first 20 meters in 2.89 seconds, the first 40 in 4.64 seconds, the first 60 in 6.31 seconds and the first 80 in 7.92 seconds before finishing in 9.58.

Forty yards equates to 36.58 meters, which means Bolt's 40-yard dash time in a race in which he ran the fastest 100 meters ever was about 4.28.

Thoughts? Comments? Shed some new light on this discussion?

Yep, and you know what that means? These people that figured it up broke it down to how many 40's there were in that 100 yards and divided his time. The only 40 yards the NFL's worried about is the first 40 you run, coming off of a dead start.
The results are at www.nucfootball.com ,then go to u100 camp look under southeast frosh results for Davenport, u100 midwest frosh for Skyles. Times and distances and reps shown.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Yep, and you know what that means? These people that figured it up broke it down to how many 40's there were in that 100 yards and divided his time. The only 40 yards the NFL's worried about is the first 40 you run, coming off of a dead start.

Read it again. The 4.28 it took Bold to cover 40 yards was his beginning 40 yards. He gets faster on each progressive 40 yard increment. What this means is that from the dead start it took him 4.28 seconds to cover 40 yards. It took him less than that to cover the next 40, even less still for the next 40, and so on.

Now it is obvious that Bolt gets much faster over the course of the race than he is at the beginning. But my point is that if the fastest man in the world only runs a 4.28 40, think about how fishy it sounds for all these high school kids to run sub 4.4 times.

These kids you guys are talking about may be faster than a speeding bullet, but I would have to see it to believe it.

Just my opinions...
Exactly, 4.5 in high school is very, very fast.
Well it was in the Newspaper about the Davenport boys too so I stand behind my word. 4.43 and 4.5 for both.