Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He's president, he's black — get over it!
DevilsWin Wrote:Whats wrong with apologizing for the mistakes of the idiots who came before you?

America is not infallible nor it is perfect. We make mistakes. We have to strive to make America a More Perfect Union. Just as our founding fathers said.

To believe otherwise is to become a slave to the state. Then its time to welcome in some good ole Nationalism. Nazi style!

Idiots before him...... so I guess you including everyone before him including Clinton, Carter, Johnson, Kennedy all the way back to Washington, it seemed like he was apologizing for the ones that came over on the Mayflower. :biggrin:

DW...I agree with you, America is not perfect, we proved that back in November when we elected Barack Hussien Obama as President. :Thumbs:
DevilsWin Wrote:We've all been down this Van Jones road and it ended the other day. :biggrin:

Now who are these "others" you are referring to?

Jones is not going away for a long time, he's right up there with Wight, Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.
Old School Wrote:Idiots before him...... so I guess you including everyone before him including Clinton, Carter, Johnson, Kennedy all the way back to Washington, it seemed like he was apologizing for the ones that came over on the Mayflower. :biggrin:

DW...I agree with you, America is not perfect, we proved that back in November when we elected Barack Hussien Obama as President. :Thumbs:

Old School... your constant use of President Obama's middle name shows great respect on your part even though you don't agree with him.
Change is always met with Violent Anger from Mediocre minds.

- Albert Einstein
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Now that's a thriving industry up your way, aint it? Hey's how's that enonomy again. That's still a classic!!!!

Aint got no Republican heros either by the way.

No cheapening here junior, just tellin it like it is.

Up against the wall, yeah right,............. take another toke, that one's gonna wear off soon.
AK steel has 91 new jobs listings posted and everyone that was laid off has been called back to work.

So yea, the economy up here is improving.
Old School Wrote:Idiots before him...... so I guess you including everyone before him including Clinton, Carter, Johnson, Kennedy all the way back to Washington, it seemed like he was apologizing for the ones that came over on the Mayflower. :biggrin:

There are plenty of idiots on both sides over the entire span of American History.

Thanks for ignoring my other point.

Heck if someone from Australia met you and I met them after you. I'd do the same thing Barry did. Confusedhh:
DevilsWin Wrote:Lets see. So far we've avoided a economic collapse of epic proportions and saved 2 American Auto Manufacturing Companies. That translates to jobs. Who do you think AK Steel sells their steel to? Massey Energy? Nope General Motors.

If coal needed a bail out Old School would have his hand out! Rest assured!Confusedhh:

I see......we gave Billions to both GM and Chrysler to keep them from going into bankruptcy, so how did that work out you ask? GM still files for bankruptcy, and who gets the most money out of the deal? It wasn't the bond holders who by law was supposed to be one of the first in line, it was the UAW. What about chrysler you ask? well they sold to Fiat, so how did that save either GM or Chrysler?

DW, do you like to gamble? I'll make a bet with you on the bailout deal, I've been against every bailout so far, and for the life of me I can't think of one I would support.
thecavemaster Wrote:Old School... your constant use of President Obama's middle name shows great respect on your part even though you don't agree with him.

I try to do my part!!! :biggrin:
DevilsWin Wrote:There are plenty of idiots on both sides over the entire span of American History.

Thanks for ignoring my other point.

Heck if someone from Australia met you and I met them after you. I'd do the same thing Barry did. Confusedhh:

What you don't realize is that if I talked to them first, they would run from you. :biggrin:
Old School Wrote:I see......we gave Billions to both GM and Chrysler to keep them from going into bankruptcy, so how did that work out you ask? GM still files for bankruptcy, and who gets the most money out of the deal? It wasn't the bond holders who by law was supposed to be one of the first in line, it was the UAW. What about chrysler you ask? well they sold to Fiat, so how did that save either GM or Chrysler?

DW, do you like to gamble? I'll make a bet with you on the bailout deal, I've been against every bailout so far, and for the life of me I can't think of one I would support.

Nope not a gambler. So what was the bet?
Old School Wrote:What you don't realize is that if I talked to them first, they would run from you. :biggrin:
:Thumbs: Pretty good.
Old School Wrote:I see......we gave Billions to both GM and Chrysler to keep them from going into bankruptcy, so how did that work out you ask? GM still files for bankruptcy, and who gets the most money out of the deal? It wasn't the bond holders who by law was supposed to be one of the first in line, it was the UAW. What about chrysler you ask? well they sold to Fiat, so how did that save either GM or Chrysler?

What if we didn't give them the bail out.

What if we didn't arrange the buy out.

If we are delving into the hypothetical here I'm gonna respectfully opt out.
DevilsWin Wrote:What if we didn't give them the bail out.

What if we didn't arrange the buy out.

If we are delving into the hypothetical here I'm gonna respectfully opt out.

If we hadn't bailed them out then GM would have filed for bankruptcy....wait a minute didn't they file for bankruptcy anyway.

If we hadn't bail out Chrysler, they would have either filed for bankruptcy like GM or they still have been bought out by Fiat. Basically we gave Fiat a down payment on the Chrysler deal.
vundy33 Wrote:That measley cave-dweller has more resources and ties than any one man on this earth.

Don't think I can argue with that.
But he's also lucky. Seems like I rem. we bombed a house he was at a couple of hours after he left. How in the world did that happen?
Old School Wrote:...W had anywhere from 12 to 35 czars during his tenure as president. The fact that W had appointed these czars still doesn't change my opinion about them, IMO a president should not have the power to appoint whomever they want into these positions without some type of conformation.

I dislike the fact that all the czars have been lumped together - some were actual department chairs or agency Directers with unwieldy titles, while others WERE outsiders. And some were replacements - Bush had 3 diff. Aids czars and 3 diff. Budget czars, so Obama's waaaay ahead of the curve.
Some work for me, since something like Homeland Security involved so many agencies, and we all know how well they work together.
But a Great Lakes czar? I don't know....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S...anch_czars

Quote:.....and just think Clinton could have saved us all this trouble if he had taken care of your cave-dweller when he had the chance before 9/11.

You know, I've heard that many times before, but no one's ever said WHEN he had the chance. To me, that's an urban legend until proven otherwise.

Quote:How many times has the U.S. been attacked since 9/11?........ZERO, seems like they did a pretty good job of protecting our butts now didn't they!

Actually, we've been attacked many times, just not physically on our own soil... we think.

Quote:Let's not forget healthcare remember Barry wanted it approved in July. The Sentors themselves don't even know what's in these bills, heck even Obama said he didn't know what was in the bill.
What other adminstration has ever tried to pass bills of this magintude in their first 8 months?

I have no idea, but I doubt any bill has been voted on that has been read entirely by everyone. And I doubt any recent Prez has read the budget b4 IT was voted on. That's why committees exist.

------

In my lifetime, things were never as screwed up as they were when Obama took office. Gotta give him credit for jumping in and doing something/s about it immediately instead of waiting for Congress to agree on what should be done.

Personally, I've been against ALL the auto industry stuff. The bailout was messed up, Pontiac didn't need to be scrapped, dealerships didn't need to be closed, and I thought Cash for Clunkers was horrible. The money should have focused on "going green" and the cars shouldn't have been destroyed.

But the Health Care Bill needs to go through. It's been talked about and debated for decades, but has never made it. The Repubs said something like "the ppl. want to start over". Wrong. To quote a now-famous SC Congressman... "LIAR". It's taken DECADES already. "There's always time to do it over, but never time to get it right the first time" does NOT apply here. They've stalled for too long. It's NEVER going to be perfect, it's NEVER going to be what THEY want... but it's GOT TO START SOMETIME.
Quote:You know, I've heard that many times before, but no one's ever said WHEN he had the chance. To me, that's an urban legend until proven otherwise.

Here ya go....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4540958/

Still think it's urban legend?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Here ya go....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4540958/

Still think it's urban legend?

Why would they kill him before 9/11?

Edit: I see now, they linked him before. Didn't know they had any proof on him.
Quote:Let's not forget healthcare remember Barry wanted it approved in July. The Sentors themselves don't even know what's in these bills, heck even Obama said he didn't know what was in the bill.
What other adminstration has ever tried to pass bills of this magintude in their first 8 months?

Unlike others, I have quit responding to posters who use a name for the President, any President, in a condescending way.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Honesty lil dog, the truth is DW is just toooo danged easy. I kid a round a lot, but I was dead serious in saying that it's scary that we allow people like this to roam our streets unrestricted in this country.

I know you was serious, and I agree 100% !!!!!!
Liberal has no color and I dislike them all.
From http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4540958/:

"In 1993, the first World Trade Center bombing killed six people."

"In 1998, the bombing of two U.S. embassies in Africa killed 224."

"Both were the work of al-Qaida and bin Laden, who in 1998 declared holy war on America, making him arguably the most wanted man in the world."

lol, just because you never heard about it doesn't mean it's an urban legend VHSL....
TheRealVille Wrote:Unlike others, I have quit responding to posters who use a name for the President, any President, in a condescending way.

Are you talking about present posters, will you still respond to posters who called former Presidents names like liar, killer, idiot etc.?

Do I understand you right that just because Mr. Barrack Hussein Obama (that's the name he used when he took the oath) is the President we should respect him? I don't think so, at least not on my part. Being President does not automatically bring respect to the person holding that postion, but the person holding that position can bring respect to the Presidency.
you guys argue about the same stuff everyday. never fails, nobody is going top budge, some people like obama some dont, some people voted for obama because he was black some didnt, there has and always will be an racist issue,
Old School Wrote:Are you talking about present posters, will you still respond to posters who called former Presidents names like liar, killer, idiot etc.?

Do I understand you right that just because Mr. Barrack Hussein Obama (that's the name he used when he took the oath) is the President we should respect him? I don't think so, at least not on my part. Being President does not automatically bring respect to the person holding that postion, but the person holding that position can bring respect to the Presidency.

I thought, like a judge, you might not agree with or even like the human being wearing the robe; however, a respect is owed what the robe stands for. Your interpretation is, to me, a dubious one that leads to the kind of "You lie" nonsense that occured a few nights ago in the Joint Session Address.
jacksparrow Wrote:Liberal has no color and I dislike them all.

I like where your head's at.:biggrin:
thecavemaster Wrote:I thought, like a judge, you might not agree with or even like the human being wearing the robe; however, a respect is owed what the robe stands for. Your interpretation is, to me, a dubious one that leads to the kind of "You lie" nonsense that occured a few nights ago in the Joint Session Address.

Are you telling me that if a judge who knowningly let's a child rapist go free or just give them probation should be respected because he wears a robe. Again this judge would not have my respect.

Or the nonsense from Harry Reid when he called Bush a liar and refused to apologized for it.
Old School Wrote:Are you telling me that if a judge who knowningly let's a child rapist go free or just give them probation should be respected because he wears a robe. Again this judge would not have my respect.

Or the nonsense from Harry Reid when he called Bush a liar and refused to apologized for it.

I am saying that the respect extends to what the robe, the office represents, and that the person wearing the robe is incidental to the type of "respect" I'm talking about. If Harry Reid yelled "You lie" during the State of the Nation or Joint Session, he was wrong. I frankly think the whole "Liar, Liar" thing is an overplay (either party) and contributes to the tone and level of debate going down on issues so important that the debate really needs to remain elevated. I didn't agree with GWB, that doesn't mean he was evil or stupid.
What bothers me is that the Obama supporters want to label all those who oppose them as racists. That is extremely ignorant and dangerous. Look at it this way: just because a person disagreed with Bush doesn't mean they hate white people does it? Of course not. By the same token, one can disagree with Obama, yet not give a flying fart about the color of his skin.

Obama and his supporters would like to put their head in the sand and act like there is no opposition from mainstream America, only from racist bigots and extremists. The truth is that there many moderates like myself who disagree with many of Obama's policies, and it is an insult to me to imply that it is simply because he is black.

If Merlene Davis ever wants to see a true racist, she needs to look no further than the nearest mirror. :flush:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's also interesting that during W's presidency, the national news outlets covered the anti-Bush protests like they were the best examples of democracy ever seen. They were Americans exercising their rights as citizens (100% true), and were always portrayed in a positive light.

Yet now that it's the other way around, my how the tone has changed. Now, the people protesting Obama are labeled as racist bigots or right-wing nutjobs. Suddenly, to protest is no longer seen as part of our democracy, but rather as something very un-American. Since when did disgreeing with those in power become unpatriotic? Apparently about 9 months ago...

Personally, I think that there was nothing wrong with those who protested Bush, and neither is anything wrong with the anti-Obama protesters. But I think that both groups should be given equal treatment by the national media.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old School Wrote:Are you talking about present posters, will you still respond to posters who called former Presidents names like liar, killer, idiot etc.?

Repect the rank. You don't have to respect the guy as a person, just respect the rank.