Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
69.79%
Johnson Central
30.21%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Johnson Central 10/9
Ashland in this one, JC is a good team but Ashland is better way better.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote::lmao: NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the eagles do not beat a top 5 team in 5a by a couple td's you guys have a talented team who come playoff time may pull a upset but beating the tomcats right now will be a tall task

That's okay. We don't mind being an underdog at home. We kinda like that, matter of fact. It's when we do our best work. Confusedhh:
Diogenes Wrote:That's okay. We don't mind being an underdog at home. We kinda like that, matter of fact. It's when we do our best work. Confusedhh:
i wouldnt really even say jc is that much of and underdog they have won 4 in a row in this series and with a break or two could win this game but mark my words there will be no blowout here on either side
I am afraid that there will be a bit of a surprise to some at Johnson Central. Ashland is a top 5 tream in all classes in KY. They gave Ironton (a top 10 team in Ohio) a whipping like they have not had in a while. This team is awesome! This is a Russell fan speaking and I do not feel bad at all by getting beat by this team. Abler is a beast! I will take Ashland by 2 TD's, and that's if Johnson Central plays well!
4real Wrote:I am afraid that there will be a bit of a surprise to some at Johnson Central. Ashland is a top 5 tream in all classes in KY. They gave Ironton (a top 10 team in Ohio) a whipping like they have not had in a while. This team is awesome! This is a Russell fan speaking and I do not feel bad at all by getting beat by this team. Abler is a beast! I will take Ashland by 2 TD's, and that's if Johnson Central plays well!

thanks for the compliment but this tomcat team has alot to prove and the next thing on the list is they can beat johnson central then after that they can win the first district titl since 2005 then go deep into playoffs
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:i wouldnt really even say jc is that much of and underdog they have won 4 in a row in this series and with a break or two could win this game but mark my words there will be no blowout here on either side

So what Raceland won 3 in a row in the Ashland series. PAST has nothing to do with the present. IMO Ashland doesn NOT lose a game until playoffs. IMO Ashland will NOT beat Highlands either!
Ram Fan04 Wrote:So what Raceland won 3 in a row in the Ashland series. PAST has nothing to do with the present. IMO Ashland doesn NOT lose a game until playoffs. IMO Ashland will NOT beat Highlands either!
i understand what you're saying but just like the raceland and ironton games i did not declare the tomcats overwhelming favorites even though they won both handidly i just believe if a team has beaten u the last couple of years you shouldnt talk smack and gurantee victory you should be confident and hungry and go make a statement on the football field
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:thanks for the compliment but this tomcat team has alot to prove and the next thing on the list is they can beat johnson central then after that they can win the first district titl since 2005 then go deep into playoffs

I am sure that this Ashland team will go far into the playoffs! Good Luck!
Ashland has improved but not that much. JC has declined but not that much. We move the ball well(double our opponents yardage) but have had butterfingers WAY too many times. When we hold on to the ball we are a force but it seems this can be a task at times. So if we fumble multiple times Ashland wins be 2 TDs. If we don't our D can stop ashlands attack and JC wins by 2 TDs. Our defense is very very good which surprises some due to the fact that when we fumble teams are only having to go 20-30 yds to score. Maybe by playoff time we will know who the real JC team is.
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:Ashland has improved but not that much. JC has declined but not that much. We move the ball well(double our opponents yardage) but have had butterfingers WAY too many times. When we hold on to the ball we are a force but it seems this can be a task at times. So if we fumble multiple times Ashland wins be 2 TDs. If we don't our D can stop ashlands attack and JC wins by 2 TDs. Our defense is very very good which surprises some due to the fact that when we fumble teams are only having to go 20-30 yds to score. Maybe by playoff time we will know who the real JC team is.

i think u should hold of judgement on how much this ashland team has improved until the 9th and as hard as the tomcat defense hits your butter fingers could be a problem as this defense forced ironton to fumble 3 times
Diogenes Wrote:That's okay. We don't mind being an underdog at home. We kinda like that, matter of fact. It's when we do our best work. Confusedhh:

Haha...really..how many times in the last few years have you been the underdog at home....id say maybe 2 or 3x...maybe......doing your best work when your the underdog hasn't really worked out those 2 or 3x....granted JC's been good, but when they've been the underdog and its not often... they don't get that big Fat W...:moon:....it'll be closer than Tomcat fans realize though.....Ashland 28 JC 21.........:redboxer:
you guys like it like that..that's funny:thatsfunn
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:i understand what you're saying but just like the raceland and ironton games i did not declare the tomcats overwhelming favorites even though they won both handidly i just believe if a team has beaten u the last couple of years you shouldnt talk smack and gurantee victory you should be confident and hungry and go make a statement on the football field

I wish everybody had this attitude. Respect to you.
Diogenes Wrote:I wish everybody had this attitude. Respect to you.

ty i to hope this is the attitude of the football team in this game i hope they realize the district championsip is on the line no disrespect to woodford or montgomery and hope they realize to keep this game a rivalry they have to win one against the eagles which hasnt happened since 2005
4real Wrote:I am afraid that there will be a bit of a surprise to some at Johnson Central. Ashland is a top 5 tream in all classes in KY. They gave Ironton (a top 10 team in Ohio) a whipping like they have not had in a while. This team is awesome! This is a Russell fan speaking and I do not feel bad at all by getting beat by this team. Abler is a beast! I will take Ashland by 2 TD's, and that's if Johnson Central plays well!

That Ironton team lost again Friday night to Logan (in Ironton) 21-7. And to say that Ashland is top five in ALL classes - i.e. mentioned in the same sentence as Highlands, St. X, Trinity, Boyle County, Bell County - is a big big statement to make for ANY team in Eastern Kentucky. I'll posit that they're legitimate top ten in 5A, and maybe top five in 5A without any argument based on performance so far this season.
Diogenes Wrote:That Ironton team lost again Friday night to Logan (in Ironton) 21-7. And to say that Ashland is top five in ALL classes - i.e. mentioned in the same sentence as Highlands, St. X, Trinity, Boyle County, Bell County - is a big big statement to make for ANY team in Eastern Kentucky. I'll posit that they're legitimate top ten in 5A, and maybe top five in 5A without any argument based on performance so far this season.

In defense of the tiggers cant believe i just said that logan is a considerably bigger scool it would be like ashland playing a top 1a school logan was supposed to dominate this game and the tigers kept it alot closer than any other school of there size would have that logan team u mentioned is also undefeated i think
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:In defense of the tiggers cant believe i just said that logan is a considerably bigger scool it would be like ashland playing a top 1a school logan was supposed to dominate this game and the tigers kept it alot closer than any other school of there size would have that logan team u mentioned is also undefeated i think

I think the Tigers would would be at least 2a or 3a in ky because Russell would be in that same division 4 in Ohio the tigers are in.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I think the Tigers would would be at least 2a or 3a in ky because Russell would be in that same division 4 in Ohio the tigers are in.
i didnt know the exact numbers just knew logan was a 2 or the classes higher in ohio
Logan is a bigger school than Johnson Central but they would still be in the same division 2 as Logan. Johnson Central has 392 boys 9-11 and Logan has 453

Ohio Division 2 goes from

348-517 boys 9-11
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Logan is a bigger school than Johnson Central but they would still be in the same division 2 as Logan. Johnson Central has 392 boys 9-11 and Logan has 453

Ohio Division 2 goes from

348-517 boys 9-11

:igiveup: i surrender to your ohio high school football knowledge lol thanks for the info
Tomcats will roll.
I think if jc holds onto the ball the jc wins by a td but if they turn it over it could get ugly fast....
I'll say Ashland by 6
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:Ashland has improved but not that much. JC has declined but not that much. We move the ball well(double our opponents yardage) but have had butterfingers WAY too many times. When we hold on to the ball we are a force but it seems this can be a task at times. So if we fumble multiple times Ashland wins be 2 TDs. If we don't our D can stop ashlands attack and JC wins by 2 TDs. Our defense is very very good which surprises some due to the fact that when we fumble teams are only having to go 20-30 yds to score. Maybe by playoff time we will know who the real JC team is.
JC's defense will have to step up, tackling #34 Alber is like tackling a human manhole cover, plus they real good team speed.:Thumbs:
Even though I would like to take JC on this one, I can't. Ashland is just really good this year! So saying that I am going with Ashland! Good Luck to both teams! Smile

Ashland does not need to count on "butterfingers" to get a turnover, they Create them by the helmet splitting hits they have been laying down on people! This is one of the most physical teams "I've" seen in years anywhere!
BADCAT74 Wrote:Ashland does not need to count on "butterfingers" to get a turnover, they Create them by the helmet splitting hits they have been laying down on people! This is one of the most physical teams "I've" seen in years anywhere!

Are you saying that they remind you of the JC teams of the last few years? :biggrin:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Are you saying that they remind you of the JC teams of the last few years? :biggrin:

That's a fair assessment, Ashland always has big hitters but the amount an speed of them is what really takes them to another level. I can't say enough about them every position you just look an it's like WOW, it's not just one guy making the play they just swarm the football, an make oppossing backfields there own!
BADCAT74 Wrote:That's a fair assessment, Ashland always has big hitters but the amount an speed of them is what really takes them to another level. I can't say enough about them every position you just look an it's like WOW, it's not just one guy making the play they just swarm the football, an make oppossing backfields there own!

No doubt, JC will have their hands full.
Belfry is down. Russell is down. Waverly has played an extremely weak schedule. Had the Tomcats not beaten Ironton, I would have picked JC by a couple of touchdowns in this game. Ashland did beat the Tigers and JC does not have a win of equal quality under its belt. Still, I see JC finding a way to win at home but it should be a great game.

Matney is very tough to beat when he has two weeks to prepare for a game. Unfortunately, Ashland will also have two weeks to prepare.

Hopefully, the Tomcat players will be as over confident as some of its fans.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:i think u should hold of judgement on how much this ashland team has improved until the 9th and as hard as the tomcat defense hits your butter fingers could be a problem as this defense forced ironton to fumble 3 times

well well, maybe your team is full of monster defenders that should scare us so bad we might not even show up. We are much better than you think. We have no shot at a state title but neither does your tomcats. Somehow i think we will be able to move the ball like we have against some elite teams this year as their D is much better than yours and I've watched 2 ashland games. Don't read to much into this as i am not saying that we can't possibly lose but i am saying we could win just as easily. Our turnovers were very rarely caused by anyone other than ourselves and in the last couple of games we have cut out some of the TOs. Early in the season we would have fumbled if the other team kept their D on the bench!!!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next