Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classiest football teams?
king360 Wrote:Breathitt because as many games as they have been losing they don't start playing dirtylike most teams

No, they just leave there starter in no matter if they up by 7 TDS or a FG. I like what LCA done to them this year. That show Breathitt that some of these teams will pay them back for running the score up on them.
As much as I want to say Rebels for Everything....some of us can be a little overbearing at times....but West Jessamine was a hard act to follow after their game this past week, I dont think Ive ever seen that before, very cool!
Sheriik Wrote:As much as I want to say Rebels for Everything....some of us can be a little overbearing at times....but West Jessamine was a hard act to follow after their game this past week, I dont think Ive ever seen that before, very cool!

coach wood wouldnt let them do it any other way ill pass your comment along ty from them.
Im actually from Jessamine County and Transplanted into Boyle in the last Five years, They do have great kids and from what Ive heard a New great coach, very very classy!
Consistently year in and year out, Belfry is by far the classiest program I have seen in the mountains. Highlands is also a classy program in Northern Kentucky.
i really like lawrence co. in this one
While I certainly agree Belfry has a classy program and that it comes from the head coach down, one must remember Coach Haywood has now been around the block a few times. And with age/experience comes wisdom.

A much younger Coach Haywood has been known to throw a clipboard onto the field during a game (among some other minor things)...

It's not a criticism. Just wanting to point out that "classiness" is in large part due to the perspective a given head coach has developed through time.
A_Ray #5 :];847174 Wrote:Sheldon Clark Football Is The Classiest No Doubt About It. :]

:lmao:
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I scrimmaged at Belfry back in 01. Very classy people I enjoyed okaying there.

I was in that scrimmage and I could say the same for you guys as well.
The most un-classy is got to be LCA!! They run the score up anytime they get the chance!
My clear vote here is Somerset. They beat us (KC) in a close game that came down to the wire. Their players came over to ours after the game and held prayer. During the game they did not jack their lips or take late shots. Top to bottom - a class act.
Sheriik Wrote:Im actually from Jessamine County and Transplanted into Boyle in the last Five years, They do have great kids and from what Ive heard a New great coach, very very classy!
Same for the bball team.
I tell you what would be classy. If posters would lists teams other then their own. I nominated Belfry but I have seen Belfry fans nominate Belfry and Rock fans nominate Rockcastle. This sounds a little egotistical to me. Swallow your pride and make a nice comment about an opposing team.
irishcard16 Wrote::lmao:

Ha yes i was being sarcastic. But i mean it's not that we start trouble people just say stuff to us and we will not let anyone walk over us.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I tell you what would be classy. If posters would lists teams other then their own. I nominated Belfry but I have seen Belfry fans nominate Belfry and Rock fans nominate Rockcastle. This sounds a little egotistical to me. Swallow your pride and make a nice comment about an opposing team.

ok madison southern tough team without enough horses, great fan support, classy players and coaches,

garred county classy

honestly besides those two the rest were total *****---with the exception of western hills great parents the need a coach that knows how to teach and set an example. in other words can his ***.
ive noticed some replies mention coaches. there the biggest factors as far as class its the expectations they set for there players that determine how the players and fans react to adversity. i know a lot of responability but it comes with the terratory. sorry still no spell check:igiveup:
id have to say south floyd their coaching staff are rules wise and they enforce good behavior and sportsmanship from their players.
Yo "that's right" Doesn't every team do that when they get the chance. But mine would be Belfry, Russell Lawerence County Highlands and im sure there are more out there but i just cannot think of them at this moment lol.
i would say one of the teams i played on the 1998 sheldon clark cardinals when we made it to the final 4 in state.
Go HARLAN Co Black Bears
Coach Haywood will not ever let the score get out of hand. Most points you will ever see Belfry put up on someone is in the 50's.. Of course they put 62 up against Breathitt in 07, but it was a high scoring game, Breathitt put up 28.. You will never see Belfry put up 80 points and demoralize a team like some schools have/do.
That might be true today for the Jumpers but I would defintely disagree with that sentiment during the 70's through the early 80's.
Guess its safe to say Fulton County is not gonna make this list
I don't play on the field but my son said one time on the ride home from Pulaski Co. he said "dad the players for Pulaski were very nice" I went hmmmmmm, never heard that one before after a game.
Since we are suppose to vote for someone other than the home team, I have to give my vote to Lloyd Memorial. Even though that game was colder than crap, everyone was very nice and classy.
The College one, no, most people do not run the score up if you have class! LCA came to Raceland a few years ago when we were way down and RAN IT UP! The coach started running the (po cat crap) and they were over on the side lines joking and laughing about it! That's a fact. We had to call two timeouts in last couple of minutes in the 4th to just compose the boys. They were only up by over 50 points, I guess a chance at 10 onside kicks in a couple minutes had them worried. I guess you can see why I don't like LCA, besides being a private and all............
that's right Wrote:The College one, no, most people do not run the score up if you have class! LCA came to Raceland a few years ago when we were way down and RAN IT UP! The coach started running the (po cat crap) and they were over on the side lines joking and laughing about it! That's a fact. We had to call two timeouts in last couple of minutes in the 4th to just compose the boys. They were only up by over 50 points, I guess a chance at 10 onside kicks in a couple minutes had them worried. I guess you can see why I don't like LCA, besides being a private and all............

Sorry to hear that but karma is a ***** wait till lca finishes this year. they will go from running up the score to being a red headed step child. sad part is the kids that didn't make the mess have to pay for it.
ezpass Wrote:I don't play on the field but my son said one time on the ride home from Pulaski Co. he said "dad the players for Pulaski were very nice" I went hmmmmmm, never heard that one before after a game.

**** yeah they were nice they kicked our ***.
Bell County
Belfry
Boyle County
Knox Central
and so far of what i have seen The New Harlan County Black Bears
i can tell you who the least classy teams are.....magoffin co. and perry central....they have horrible fans and players......the bad thing is that the school administrators promote the bad behavior