Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama 24 LSU 15
Wildcatk23 Wrote:i know they had the lead. but its a big momentum swinger and that would have been another chance for LSU to score.
Yes but Lee was playing awful....... He could not make any plays to move the ball.
Florida International, he had 56 yards..he had 90 something on 9 carries against North Texas...and if Im not mistaken I think he ended up with 99 against Tennessee..so thats 3 games...the call was close..it could have went either way, Ill admit, but I honestly dont think it would have made a difference..our defense was rolling then..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The 2 games that Ingram was under 100 yards was against very weak teams.. That is why they won. If he goes under 100 against the Gators, they WILL get blown out. I see him having over 100, but the gators will win anyways.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Florida International, he had 56 yards..he had 90 something on 9 carries against North Texas...and if Im not mistaken I think he ended up with 99 against Tennessee..so thats 3 games...the call was close..it could have went either way, Ill admit, but I honestly dont think it would have made a difference..our defense was rolling then..
Florida International and North Texas.... Please tell me he didn't play the whole game because thats sorry if he did.

Tenn should have won. Two blocked field goals???? You serious? Freaking Lones Seiber aint that bad.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:watched the entire first half so u know. cant sit home all day unfortunately. cant u handle some critics? they got helped out by the refs thats all there is to it. the guy caught the freaking ball and was in bounds. anyone that can see could see that, also the hit on jefferson with the guy leaning in with his helmet? maybe if u wasnt so much of a biased bama fan u would see things the other way.
No I can handle criticism, but I get tired of reading the same old crap from you every single week..you should have watched the second half, then you would have seen Ingram and Richardson running well, and McElroy awoke from his three game coma..who, oh by the way threw for about 270 yards..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amun-Ra Wrote:Yes but Lee was playing awful....... He could not make any plays to move the ball.

Agreed.
There is no point in arguing with TidesHoss anymore about it, because that is like arguing with a UK basketball fan.. Alabama is going to go undefeated and crush florida and then make Texas forfeit during warm ups of the National Championship because they know they don't stand a chance. Then all Alabama goes down as the greatest team of all time. Of course you think it was the right call when it was "incomplete" because it favored Bama.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Florida International and North Texas.... Please tell me he didn't play the whole game because thats sorry if he did.

Tenn should have won. Two blocked field goals???? You serious? Freaking Lones Seiber aint that bad.
I believe he just had 18 total carries against those two..but the UT game he had 18 carries...and he just had 50 yards on 17 carries against Arkansas too..so thats four games..I pulled up his game log lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No I can handle criticism, but I get tired of reading the same old crap from you every single week..you should have watched the second half, then you would have seen Ingram and Richardson running well, and McElroy awoke from his three game coma..who, oh by the way threw for about 270 yards..

I wasnt criticizing the players of alabama at all. they have an amazing team, Ingram is a man beast we all know this. he ran all over kentucky. im just saying, everyone says there this unbeatable team but they catch breaks from the refs win they shouldnt. im not saying Saying lsu was going to march the field and win the game. it was a blown call. LSU got hosed.
Let's keep it calm guys. No sense getting worked up. Not like it was UK...lol
Ingram was held to under 100-yards rushing 4 times this season (FIU, North Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee).

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=379061
runninrebs21 Wrote:There is no point in arguing with TidesHoss anymore about it, because that is like arguing with a UK basketball fan.. Alabama is going to go undefeated and crush florida and then make Texas forfeit during warm ups of the National Championship because they know they don't stand a chance. Then all Alabama goes down as the greatest team of all time. Of course you think it was the right call when it was "incomplete" because it favored Bama.
No...you cant beat me in a debate..our schedule is harder than Texas'. I have said I BELIEVE that we'll win it all, and I have shown that you CAN shut down Ingram and us still win..Im waiting for a valid argument instead of these "waaaahhh the refs always cheat" nonsense..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amun-Ra Wrote:Let's keep it calm guys. No sense getting worked up. Not like it was UK...lol

:Thumbs:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:No...you cant beat me in a debate..our schedule is harder than Texas'. I have said I BELIEVE that we'll win it all, and I have shown that you CAN shut down Ingram and us still win..Im waiting for a valid argument instead of these "waaaahhh the refs always cheat" nonsense..

Well win the refs quit cheating we may have one!!!
:flame:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I believe he just had 18 total carries against those two..but the UT game he had 18 carries...and he just had 50 yards on 17 carries against Arkansas too..so thats four games..I pulled up his game log lol..
Arkansas got blew up. Their gameplan fell apart early. Tenn not only stopped Ingram but the shut down the running game completely.
You can't rely on blocked field goals to win you games. Bama got lucky.
No... you keep saying you guarantee they will beat florida, then you guarantee they will have 2 pick 6's on texas. The big 12 isn't as good this year as last year, but they still aren't a pushover conference. A lot of teams in the SEC are overrated. LSU is the 3rd best team, but if you switch that interception call, LSU could have just as easily won as they lost.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Arkansas got blew up. Their gameplan fell apart early. Tenn not only stopped Ingram but the shut down the running game completely.

I agree completely, Tennessee just choked especially their special teams.. if it wasn't for that, we wouldn't even be having this conversation because Bama would have lost.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Arkansas got blew up. Their gameplan fell apart early. Tenn not only stopped Ingram but the shut down the running game completely.
Dude I didnt say we rely on blocked field goals..but the facts are simple. Ingram rushed for 50 yards and McElroy beat Arkansas through the air. And Tennessee held him to 99 and we still won. We also fumbled the ball at their freakin doorstep at the end of the game to give them that last field goal oppurtunity too..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
runninrebs21 Wrote:No... you keep saying you guarantee they will beat florida, then you guarantee they will have 2 pick 6's on texas. The big 12 isn't as good this year as last year, but they still aren't a pushover conference. A lot of teams in the SEC are overrated. LSU is the 3rd best team, but if you switch that interception call, LSU could have just as easily won as they lost.

True That
runninrebs21 Wrote:I agree completely, Tennessee just choked especially their special teams.. if it wasn't for that, we wouldn't even be having this conversation because Bama would have lost.
But we didnt. Woulda shoulda coulda. 9-0.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am going to just say it. LSU would not have won even if the refs hadn't blown that call. Their offense was offensive. It wa horrible once the starting QB went out. Their running game was nonexsistant because they couldnt move the ball passing.
runninrebs21 Wrote:No... you keep saying you guarantee they will beat florida, then you guarantee they will have 2 pick 6's on texas. The big 12 isn't as good this year as last year, but they still aren't a pushover conference. A lot of teams in the SEC are overrated. LSU is the 3rd best team, but if you switch that interception call, LSU could have just as easily won as they lost.
Yeah LSU is the third best team in the conference behind the two best teams in the COUNTRY. Yeah those *******s are so overrated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Dude I didnt say we rely on blocked field goals..but the facts are simple. Ingram rushed for 50 yards and McElroy beat Arkansas through the air. And Tennessee held him to 99 and we still won. We also fumbled the ball at their freakin doorstep at the end of the game to give them that last field goal oppurtunity too..
Yes you won. Good teams find ways to win. But two blocked field goals? One to win the game? Come on. Say it. It was luck. Tenn should have won.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Yes you won. Good teams find ways to win. But two blocked field goals? One to win the game? Come on. Say it. It was luck. Tenn should have won.
Oh no question..Ive said it for two weeks..we were LUCKY that day, and its one of those "sometimes its better to be lucky than good" moments, because we definitely were NOT good that day..Ill take it though, and Im man enough to admit that we got away with one..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Oh no question..Ive said it for two weeks..we were LUCKY that day, and its one of those "sometimes its better to be lucky than good" moments, because we definitely were NOT good that day..Ill take it though, and Im man enough to admit that we got away with one..
Okay. Thats all I wanted to hear. Just don't rely on the blocked field goals to win it for ya against Florida or Texas.
You all act like the past BCS champions haven't escaped games with blown calls or blocked punt/field goals. Its part of football and its going to happen from time-to-time.

Fact is Alabama, Florida, and Texas are atop college football right now and they have targets on their backs and they are still winning games when they don't play their best. Speaks volumes to me!
Amun-Ra Wrote:Okay. Thats all I wanted to hear. Just don't rely on the blocked field goals to win it for ya against Florida or Texas.
The Florida game will be a knock down drag out slugfest..it could very well come down to a turnover or blocked fg...I swear Im not as worried about Texas though..Texas cant run the ball, and both Florida and Bama have very solid secondaries that get lots of turnovers, and both are scary good up front defensively..I believe Colt's gonna be in for a rough day whoever he plays..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You all act like the past BCS champions haven't escaped games with blown calls or blocked punt/field goals. Its part of football and its going to happen from time-to-time.

Fact is Alabama, Florida, and Texas are atop college football right now and they have targets on their backs and they are still winning games when they don't play their best. Speaks volumes to me!
No no I aint saying that. To win it all you have to catch breaks everynow and then.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:The Florida game will be a knock down drag out slugfest..it could very well come down to a turnover or blocked fg...I swear Im not as worried about Texas though..Texas cant run the ball, and both Florida and Bama have very solid secondaries that get lots of turnovers, and both are scary good up front defensively..I believe Colt's gonna be in for a rough day whoever he plays..
I think you underestimate Texas. Their running game isn't the best but their passing game is quick and it works. If Bama or Florida doesn't get pressure on McCoy early in the game it could open up their running game enough for them to win.
Yeah you talk so much about how bad Texas' running game is.. Well that is how bad Bama's passing game is.. so it balances out..