Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins 2010
dodge56 Wrote:because its to far of a trip for the players to go just for one game.
but wouldn't it be a home game for Jenkins since they went to Brossart last year?
nky Wrote:but wouldn't it be a home game for Jenkins since they went to Brossart last year?

It would be a home game.
dodge56 Wrote:because its to far of a trip for the players to go just for one game.

Yes, but it would give them a better shot at a win. And wins at Jenkins will be hard to come by again next year. They might win 3 games but I'll be cheering for them every week regardless.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Who is there track coach? If kids went out for track, I think it will help them.

I disagree. If you want to get as strong as possible for football then your focus needs to be on lifting for football. Period.

sherman14 Wrote:It would be a home game.
I'm confused. Then why not play them at home (to far for you to drive for a home game?)
Who dropped them or was it only a one year contract? I would think you would want to make them come down to your place after making the trip last season
It was a one year contract.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Ok not to sound like a downer, but Im starting to think you play for Jenkins. You dont have to get on here and play up your team so much. Show it on a the field. But I think it will take a while for Jenkins to shut down offenses and dominate defenses. I see them improving on there season but not much at most 3 wins.
Having pride and hope in yourself and your team is in no way rediculous and should never been viewed as such. Keep up the positive attitude, Cavs.
Once again, "Mr. Perfect" graces us with his expertise...
Go 4 Two Wrote:Once again, "Mr. Perfect" graces us with his expertise...
Well welcome Mr. Perfect. I think
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Sure it will, for track.

Once again, "Mr. Perfect" graces us with his expertise...
dodge56 Wrote:Aug 20 Phelps Home 7:30
Aug. 27 Allen Central Home 7:30
Sept 3 South Floyd Away 7:30
Sept 10 Williamson, WV Home 7:30
Sept 17 Pound, VA Away 7:30
Sept 24 Tug Valley, WV Home 7:30
Oct. 1 OPEN
Oct 8 Pineville Home 7:30
Oct 15 Hazard Away 7:30
Oct 22 Harlan Away 7:30
Oct 29 Betsy Lane Away 7:30
Is this ther 2010 schedule? If it is I would say they can get wins over Betsy Layne, Tug Valley, Williamson, and South Floyd. Work Hard enough and they could pick up wins over Phelps, AC, and Pound. Good luck Cavs in 2010.
yes thats our 2010 schedule
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I disagree. If you want to get as strong as possible for football then your focus needs to be on lifting for football. Period.
That's exactly what I said too.
Go 4 Two Wrote:Once again, "Mr. Perfect" graces us with his expertise...
See, I havn't said a word lately BUT you just couldn't let it be. SO let's talk about expertise.( as you say) Not a clue on offense, Not a glimmer of a clue on defense and you talk about expertise.......facts are facts..go to the Khsaa and look at the points given up and look at the points scored. Stats speak for themselves, stats don't lie my friend...Look at the points given up to Betsy Layne, Brossart,( 42 in 1 half)Phelps,Magoffin,Pineville, and Pound Va.( nearly 60 a game) Where is the expertise in this? more like clueless.....
In all REALITY, and I do say in all REALITY( and just an opinion) why not consolidate Jenkins with LCC, seriously why not do that? Big nice new school just right down the road. Like I said, just an opinion, I mean why not?( seriously) Schools are in close proximity, Seriously why not do that. (just a question, all it is) you got 5A LCC, Seriously that should be THE school IMO, just an opinion and that's all it is. We have a right to our opinions and I was just wondering why this hasn't or wasn't already done by now? C'mon seriously why not? (like I said just a question)
Maggard was a good hire at Jenkins, he will get them to respectability sooner than most think.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:In all REALITY, and I do say in all REALITY( and just an opinion) why not consolidate Jenkins with LCC, seriously why not do that? Big nice new school just right down the road. Like I said, just an opinion, I mean why not?( seriously) Schools are in close proximity, Seriously why not do that. (just a question, all it is) you got 5A LCC, Seriously that should be THE school IMO, just an opinion and that's all it is. We have a right to our opinions and I was just wondering why this hasn't or wasn't already done by now? C'mon seriously why not? (like I said just a question)

We all know what they say about opinions...SERIOUSLY...and that's my opinion. Go Cavaliers!
How is the weight room training going?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
were lifting very hard and starting to run now.
if ya ask me, its gonna take a while for this program to get to where it wants to be..
The situation in Jenkins is pretty simple. They've DEFINITELY took steps to make it a respectable team with the hire of Larry Maggard. If anyone says he lacks talent in coaching, you're either flat out stupid or have been living under a rock all of your life. They've got the coaching, now they need DEDICATED kids, and Coach Maggard will find them. This program really needs re-building from the ground up after years of negligence by the school board, and Maggard is the man for the job. Develop your talent early, because that's where it all starts. There aren't many kids with the god given athletic ability to pick up a football Freshman year and be better than mediocre. It's really actually amazing the improvement Coach Maggard has made in one year at Jenkins. He's added new uni's, helmets, pads, and a brand new weight room that would rival any schools in Eastern Kentucky. I have no doubt that Maggard will give anything less than 115% on this, because he's a winner, and has impacted every player I know to be just the same. He'll put the swagger back in the Kelly Green. Give em' time. I can't wait to see the day when we can watch a Jenkins/LCC football game and it be competitive and when he shows the LCC Football program that he should've been their head coach-in-waiting, not a certain Coach Whitaker. OK, I'm off my soapbox. Any thoughts???
Jshort5 Wrote:The situation in Jenkins is pretty simple. They've DEFINITELY took steps to make it a respectable team with the hire of Larry Maggard. If anyone says he lacks talent in coaching, you're either flat out stupid or have been living under a rock all of your life. They've got the coaching, now they need DEDICATED kids, and Coach Maggard will find them. This program really needs re-building from the ground up after years of negligence by the school board, and Maggard is the man for the job. Develop your talent early, because that's where it all starts. There aren't many kids with the god given athletic ability to pick up a football Freshman year and be better than mediocre. It's really actually amazing the improvement Coach Maggard has made in one year at Jenkins. He's added new uni's, helmets, pads, and a brand new weight room that would rival any schools in Eastern Kentucky. I have no doubt that Maggard will give anything less than 115% on this, because he's a winner, and has impacted every player I know to be just the same. He'll put the swagger back in the Kelly Green. Give em' time. I can't wait to see the day when we can watch a Jenkins/LCC football game and it be competitive and when he shows the LCC Football program that he should've been their head coach-in-waiting, not a certain Coach Whitaker. OK, I'm off my soapbox. Any thoughts???
Well said.... Maggard is working hard for the players, and they, in return, are working hard for him!
Couldn't have said it better myself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Just the fact that this thread is the 3rd hottest thread on the board right now tell me that there is excitement in Jenkins. 52 post and Coach Maggard seems to be doing the right thing. Way to go Cavs.:Clap:
Maggard gets this team together in 2010. They will win 7 games and a district championship.
What is the situation at KCC with the resignation of Beder?
I apologize, I posted on the wrong thread
And I'm not saying that Whitaker doesn't deserve the job AT ALL. I didn't mean for it to come out that way, BUT I do think Maggard, being there from the start, deserved to be the HC-in waiting. But what do I know??
jenkins should be better then what they was.. they will have some good players next year...we where young last year..i think we will be each 9-1 or 8-2 thts just hey guess.. but i'm a player and i've seen how bad these boys wants it 4 next year... but we just have 2 see how it goes....go cavs
cavspride Wrote:jenkins should be better then what they was.. they will have some good players next year...we where young last year..i think we will be each 9-1 or 8-2 thts just hey guess.. but i'm a player and i've seen how bad these boys wants it 4 next year... but we just have 2 see how it goes....go cavs

I guess that means a win over Harlan. That's a lot of ground to make up in one year.