•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina 68 - (1)Kentucky 62
memphistiger Wrote:lol glad wall got showed up??? hahaha. how did he get showed up? he could have 30 as well if he shot 20+ shots. i forgot what happened when they played UL, what happened?

He player a good 10 minutes of the game...the uk and UL game was the worst game ive ever watched..not becasue UL got beat...but just sloppy on both sides...besides UL was expected to get beat on a down year right??and still played with in 9 at UK..im proud of UL for that
Overrated Wrote:Downy isnt much..He doesn't impress me at all..What was he 9 out of 35 tonight? He gets bailed out with a foul call a lot..SC just out hustled Uk...Now if Kansas ST beats Kansas and Nova gets upset by ND, Syracuse the rightful #1 will be on top Monday.:Thumbs:

i look for cuse to be #1 but doweny shoot alot better usually!
memphistiger Wrote:i wish i had a dollar for everytime Downey gets away with a carry and walk. Bout like the double-dribble he got away with against Florida on his last basket. If he had anyone on his team at all he wouldn't average no 30pts. He has to avg. 30 cause he shoots every shot. i could score 30 against UK if i took 50 shots.

You mentioned Downey carrying the ball; I felt like he was carrying the ball all night. The kept showing slow motion replays and it showed his hand under the ball all night. I thought that was to be a point of emphasis this year. It did not cost UK the game, but just curious what others feel.
memphistiger Wrote:lol with about 5 mins to go in the game it showed downey's stat from last 2 games. 21-54 from the field. thats alot of shots. oh well, id rather be 19-1 than 13-7? or am i giving them too many wins? haha. ill see ya in knott co. pal.

wow thats almost 40% good shooting downey...you had 66 points in those games 2..good job young man..iM GIVING YOU MY VOTE FOR SEC POY!!!!!!!
ComfortEagle Wrote:Glad the monkey is off our backs.

Exactly. Too many people are going to take this loss like they just lost their Mother!

I've said it for a while, the one test that the Cats have had to face this year is being down with less than 5:00. They have never had to face that and they still were three missed lay-ups from winning this game. This will be the biggest learning opportunity that this team has had all season.

No way this is a shocker. Games at USC has been very tough on the Cats and all of the SEC for the least several seasons. This is a team that plays incredible basketball in their home areana.

Devon Downey - Flat out the best basketball player on the floor tonight. He was awesome. He blew by every single person that guarded him. I am amazed at his quickness. Props to this young man, IMO, top three players in the nation.

Wall has looked flat ever since the Louisville game. He has playred great in spurts but has not played the way that he has needed to over the last few games with the exception of the overmatched Arkansas game. I truly beleive that this is a wake up call to him that he will answer. I think that he will come out focussed to lead this team for 40 minutes instead of 4 minute spurts.

I couldn't help but be dumbfounded everytime they showed the stat that no other player bout a Freshman scored for UK in the 2nd half. Who's fault is that? To me, PPat has to DEMAND the ball. He's the leader of this team. We all knw that Wall is the #1 player in the nation, but PPat is the #1 player on this team. For him to not be more assertive on the offensive side was very disappointing to me. I look for PPat to come out with an anger the rest of the season.

It was mindboggling how the undersized USC frontcourt dominated the offensive glass. They outhustled and outworked every UK big man all night long.

Cousins was just incredible again. He is definitely the best big man in the country. I would like to see him mature one final piece of his game. Everytime he gets the ball in the paint, he feels that he HAS to shoot. I'd like to see him make that short pass to the open man in the paint. All night long, he would get double teamed on the baseline and force it. PPat was standing five feet away open for an easy dish and Jam. Even if Cousins kicked it back out to a guard and then got an immediate entry pass right back, that would be enough to get rid of the doubleteam.

All in all, you have to give credit to USC. They outhustled and outworked the Cats tonight. The Cats came in riding the #1 ranking and left their game on the Bus. I think though this may be the call to action that this young team needed to get them ready for the stretch run in the SEC. They now have been through this type of game. I was worried that if they continued the trend they were on, they might not have experienced it until the NCAA tourney. That would have been to late to learn a lesson then!
LAZY ON DEFENSE, WEAK AND CARELESS WITH THE BALL ON OFFENSE. tHE CATS DID NOT COME PREPARED TO PLAY TONIGHT AND IT COST THEM. THEY DESERVED TO LOSE THIS ONE, AND IT WAS PROBABLY BETTER FOR THEM TO LOSE IT THAN WIN IT BECAUSE HOPEFULLY THIS WILL SHOW THEM THAT THEY CAN'T JUST SHOW UP AND WIN. BLEDSOE IS SO WEAK WHEN HE TAKES THE BALL TO THE RIM. HE NEEDS TO GO UP STRONG WITH THE BALL AND AT LEAST DRAW A FOUL INSTEAD OF TRYING TO FLIP SOME FANCY SHOT UP AT THE RIM. DODSON GETS A STEAL AND HAS AN EASY DUNK TO TIE THE GAME AND HE SHOW BOATS A LITTLE WAITING ON THE DEFENDER AND BLOWS THE BASKET. WE NEED TO TAKE THE MUSTARD OFF THE HOTDOGS AND PLAY A LITTLE FUNDAMENTAL BASKETBALL AND QUIT TRYING TO MAKE THE HIGHLIGHT REAL.
Devan Downey 9-29, I thought this guy was supposed to be good?
sstack Wrote:You mentioned Downey carrying the ball; I felt like he was carrying the ball all night. The kept showing slow motion replays and it showed his hand under the ball all night. I thought that was to be a point of emphasis this year. It did not cost UK the game, but just curious what others feel.

He dribbles the exact same way as Bledsoe dribbles. I don't think I have seen Bledsoe whistled for it all year, but Eric does not have the ball in his hands nearly as much as Downey. Is it a Carry, yeah 20 years ago. Is it now, no, not even with the new emphasis. If you have noticed, that took place over the first two weeks of the season, and there are no calls in any college basketball games now. I think this is something that they recognized as something that is what it is, and by forcing it, they were still not going to clean it up. Not saying it's right, but it's how the game has changed. Just like the steps. Before long, I don't think you will even have to dribble.....:igiveup:
ImagineThat! Wrote:I have to give theVILLE credit where credit is due....he was on the Downey bandwagon before this game. He did state several times in another thread that he was the most underrated player.

Who has not given Downey credit? Any basketball fan knew before this game that he is a stud. However, He did get alot of crappy shots to fall tonight; one of those games when a player is having everything fall.
PCBaseball Wrote:PLAY A LITTLE FUNDAMENTAL BASKETBALL AND QUIT TRYING TO MAKE THE HIGHLIGHT REAL.
We never do anything fundamental. All it takes to get a rebound is to be tough and put your backside into someone and BOX OUT! We never do that and it showed tonite.
Funny the top poster in a UK post-game thread is a UL fan, you know they lost the game by not even looking at the score if you could see those stats.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Devan Downey 9-29, I thought this guy was supposed to be good?

I'm not sure what this was supposed to mean. Good, this guy is awesome! He dominated this game tonight. I could care less what my guys shot as a % when I coached as long as they won basketball games for me. HE DID WIN FOR HIS TEAM!
PCBaseball Wrote:LAZY ON DEFENSE, WEAK AND CARELESS WITH THE BALL ON OFFENSE. tHE CATS DID NOT COME PREPARED TO PLAY TONIGHT AND IT COST THEM. THEY DESERVED TO LOSE THIS ONE, AND IT WAS PROBABLY BETTER FOR THEM TO LOSE IT THAN WIN IT BECAUSE HOPEFULLY THIS WILL SHOW THEM THAT THEY CAN'T JUST SHOW UP AND WIN. BLEDSOE IS SO WEAK WHEN HE TAKES THE BALL TO THE RIM. HE NEEDS TO GO UP STRONG WITH THE BALL AND AT LEAST DRAW A FOUL INSTEAD OF TRYING TO FLIP SOME FANCY SHOT UP AT THE RIM. DODSON GETS A STEAL AND HAS AN EASY DUNK TO TIE THE GAME AND HE SHOW BOATS A LITTLE WAITING ON THE DEFENDER AND BLOWS THE BASKET. WE NEED TO TAKE THE MUSTARD OFF THE HOTDOGS AND PLAY A LITTLE FUNDAMENTAL BASKETBALL AND QUIT TRYING TO MAKE THE HIGHLIGHT REAL.

[Image: http://www.352media.com/rantingandraving...psLock.jpg]

[Image: http://opera.oslocity.org/caps/capslock.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PC_You_Know Wrote:Devan Downey 9-29, I thought this guy was supposed to be good?
First, I didnt think he shot that many.

Second, he just scored over 30 on UK, he is 5'6'' and pretty much beat us himself.

And you are asking if he is supposed to be good.
Stardust Wrote:I'm not sure what this was supposed to mean. Good, this guy is awesome! He dominated this game tonight. I could care less what my guys shot as a % when I coached as long as they won basketball games for me. HE DID WIN FOR HIS TEAM!

A GOOD player does not miss 20 shots. A player that forces up 29 shots to get to 30 points is considered inconsistent. He hit 9 shots, 4 were BS. So this AMAZING player hit 5 good shots tonight?

Come on people, UK got beat by a player getting everything lucky in the world to fall. He got a few good shots to fall, but almost over half of his makes came from some play when you looked at the screen and said "really?"
ComfortEagle Wrote:[Image: http://www.352media.com/rantingandraving...psLock.jpg]
I was thinking the samething......:Thumbs:
PC_You_Know Wrote:A GOOD player does not miss 20 shots. A player that forces up 29 shots to get to 30 points is ocnsidered inconsistent. He hit 9 shots, 4 were BS. So this AMAZING player hit 5 good shots tonight?
Man he averages 22 shots a night. Did you even watch the game? He is the only player for SC that can get a shot off. If it weren't for him no one else on the team would ever score.
sstack Wrote:Who has not given Downey credit? Any basketball fan knew before this game that he is a stud. However, He did get alot of crappy shots to fall tonight; one of those games when a player is having everything fall.

LOL, I'll not say that they were lucky shots that dropped in. Wow, this kid has scored 30+ points against every since SEC opponent this year and now he had lucky shots drop in? No, he did what he has done ever since his Freshman year at UC, He scores. This is (as much as I hate to say it) Allen Iverson like. Poor shooting %, scores his points because but is soft on the rim. His soft shots is why USC DOMINATED the offensive glass! Looks like that is even a arsenal even when he misses shots!
Stardust Wrote:He dribbles the exact same way as Bledsoe dribbles. I don't think I have seen Bledsoe whistled for it all year, but Eric does not have the ball in his hands nearly as much as Downey. Is it a Carry, yeah 20 years ago. Is it now, no, not even with the new emphasis. If you have noticed, that took place over the first two weeks of the season, and there are no calls in any college basketball games now. I think this is something that they recognized as something that is what it is, and by forcing it, they were still not going to clean it up. Not saying it's right, but it's how the game has changed. Just like the steps. Before long, I don't think you will even have to dribble.....:igiveup:

"Before long, they won't have too dribble...", like in the NBA.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Man he averages 22 shots a night. Did you even watch the game? He is the only player for SC that can get a shot off. If it weren't for him no one else on the team would ever score.

That's fine, but how many does he miss on avergae per game?

And yes, I watched the game from tip to end, like I do every Duke and UK game.
PC_You_Know Wrote:That's fine, but how many does he miss on avergae per game?

And yes, I watched the game from tip to end, like I do every Duke and UK game.
I dunno but he is averaging 30 in SEC play and if he had one other player on his team that could score they would be a contender. I know they wouldnt have as many loses as they do right now.
sstack Wrote:"Before long, they won't have too dribble...", like in the NBA.

Amen - It will be Rugby with a hoop
Stardust Wrote:LOL, I'll not say that they were lucky shots that dropped in. Wow, this kid has scored 30+ points against every since SEC opponent this year and now he had lucky shots drop in? No, he did what he has done ever since his Freshman year at UC, He scores. This is (as much as I hate to say it) Allen Iverson like. Poor shooting %, scores his points because but is soft on the rim. His soft shots is why USC DOMINATED the offensive glass! Looks like that is even a arsenal even when he misses shots!

I agree he is a great player; I loved watching him at UC, and he did have great game with great shots tonight. But, he also threw up some prayers tonight and even they went in. You can't honestly say you did not see some poor shots from him tonight that fell in for him.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I dunno but he is averaging 30 in SEC play and if he had one other player on his team that could score they would be a contender. I know they wouldnt have as many loses as they do right now.

You are dead-on AR. This team is missing their 2nd leading scorer and their leading rebounder. Think about how good this team would be if the little man had support from those two!
Lol. Rebound. Kids. Rebound. TO bad the refs swallowed the whistle on wallas dunk attempt at the end. And how about the foul on liggins on the inbound play from downey? this game was a joke.
Roflmao @ ComfortEagle
I won't say the refs cost us anything but the whistle blew fast and loud when Downey had the ball and it was painfully quiet when Wall had it.
Look on the bright side. At this time last year, we had already lost 5 games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Im glad this happened now and not later...I had a feeling on this game, im not mad or upset, they played bad and finaly got beat, its what they deserved to show them they cant play 20 mintues of a 40 minute game...Congrats SC...Lets get back in the gym and worry about Vandy saturday.....
blah blah blah. he is a good player. but i would not give him no huge ups for that 30pts. you cannot sit and tell me your good when you miss 20 shots? and like PCyouknow said, 4 was deff. BS. and if you disagree then go back and watch how many wide open shots he missed, so how do you make those kind of shots when you miss a wide open layup? heck, take wall,singler,rautins,collins, any good scorer from a top 10 team and put them on south carolina and i bet my life they do the same thing. how many assist a game does downey average? and how many steals? he is nothing but offense. and no one forces shots more than him.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next