Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell The Truth--How Many Of You Think . . . .
He needs to teach tubby how to recruit, and tubby needs to tell him how to coach...

can't believe i just said that lol..

But i dont' think he is a good coach..
Brooks is a mediocre coach, Ive seen a lot better, but who knows, maybe its the players.
Don't like Brooks . to old . the cats need a young gun !!!!!
Brooks did have alot of injuries this year but he hasn't had a season anywhere close to decent yet. He may do better as an assistant.
But look at all the injuries (sorry PHS--I can't get past all of this yet)--a good coach recognizes that his athletes are not being prepared properly (I would say that this starts in the weight room). I have never seen a team with so many injuries. I could understand a few--but there are so many that you have to ask your self some questions. And ultimately--a coach has to realize that things are not going well in that department.

Yet--I haven't seen any changes in the strength/conditioning coach area. Brooks must be content with the injuries. It does make for a good excuse when they lose games . . . .
Pulled muscles/hamstring type injuries I could see falling back on the coaches, which has happened a lot in the past. This past season however a lot of the injuries were broken bones, knee injuries, brokern ankles/high ankle sprains type injuries. Those type of injuries are hard to prevent no matter what you do and when you start to have a lot of those types of injuries you are just having some bad luck IMO.