Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerry Lucas named head coach at Martha Layne Collins High School
Sounds like the beginning of a good rivelry, Henry County vs MLK. I can't wait for that to work out in the future. Any word on the playing field at Collins? Are they going for Turf?
They are going for field turf to be used by the band, soccer and football...
Navajo4life Wrote:They are going for field turf to be used by the band, soccer and football...

The band! :booo:
Soccer the evil empire!
Doesnt every communist country play soccer? Whats that tell ya :biggrin:
bigboy26 Wrote:Doesnt every communist country play soccer? Whats that tell ya :biggrin:

"Soccer was started by women in French that needed something to do while their men cooked"
King of the Hill
Old Henry Man Wrote:"Soccer was started by women in French that needed something to do while their men cooked"
King of the Hill

If the French invented it, then it's for a sissy! :redboxer:
Rex Ryan Wrote:Sounds like the beginning of a good rivelry, Henry County vs MLK. I can't wait for that to work out in the future. Any word on the playing field at Collins? Are they going for Turf?

who all they playing:please:
rebel 4 life Wrote:who all they playing:please:

Here is their full schedule:

Aug 21, 10Sheldon Clarkhome7:30 PM
Aug 28, 10North Hardin5:30 PM
Sep 3, 10Marion Countyaway7:30 PM
Sep 10, 10Elizabethtownhome7:30 PM
Sep 17, 10LaRue Countyaway7:30 PM
Sep 24, 10Bullitt Easthome7:30 PM
Oct 1, 10North Bullittaway7:30 PM
Oct 8, 10Shelby Countyhome7:30 PM
Oct 15, 10Fern Creekhome7:30 PM
Oct 29, 10Madison Centralaway7:30 PM
Tough schedule, but that is expected since they are coming in on the middle of a 2 year contract. I am going to say 4-6 but hope for 6-4.
Are they classified as 4A?
bigboy26 Wrote:Tough schedule, but that is expected since they are coming in on the middle of a 2 year contract. I am going to say 4-6 but hope for 6-4.

I see atleast 7 wins, maybe even more.

paulcssi Wrote:Are they classified as 4A?

Yes. They are in 4A District 4.
I believe they play Sheldon Clark in thir opening game. Sheldon Clark is a 3A school, with a decent football program. It shoud be a good good game.
ryanblue1424 Wrote:I see atleast 7 wins, maybe even more.

Yes. They are in 4A District 4.

Sorry, just dont see it, but I am more of a realist than a blind optimist. That is a tough schedule with long trips in district. I hope they get 7, but I just dont see it this year. Gonna take a while for this to come together. Here are the wins and losses I can see:

Aug 21, 10 Sheldon Clark home 7:30 PM (W) This could go either way!
Aug 28, 10 North Hardin 5:30 PM (L)
Sep 3, 10 Marion County away 7:30 PM (L)
Sep 10, 10 Elizabethtown home 7:30 PM (L)
Sep 17, 10 LaRue County away 7:30 PM (W)
Sep 24, 10 Bullitt East home 7:30 PM (W)
Oct 1, 10 North Bullitt away 7:30 PM (W)
Oct 8, 10 Shelby County home 7:30 PM (not gonna go there!!!)
Oct 15, 10 Fern Creek home 7:30 PM (L)
Oct 29, 10 Madison Central away 7:30 PM (W)
03-19-2010 12:57 PM
The Contrarian Wrote:I believe they play Sheldon Clark in thir opening game. Sheldon Clark is a 3A school, with a decent football program. It shoud be a good good game.

It sure is a long way for Sheldon Clark's team and its fans to travel, but next year, I presume, Collins will have to make the long trek to Sheldon Clark. So I guess we are balanced out.
The football programs in the county are use to long travel. A typical year use to be something like

Bell, Belfry, Bowling Green, Warren Central, North Harden, Central Harden, Boone, and Danville. The closest games were either in Lexington or Bullitt Co.
I saw this bunch this past weekend at Campbellsville University 7 on 7. They are loaded with talent. If Coach lucas can get them going in the right direction they could be really good by playoff time. I predict them to either WIN or come in as runner-up in their district.
STATE CHAMP Wrote:I saw this bunch this past weekend at Campbellsville University 7 on 7. They are loaded with talent. If Coach lucas can get them going in the right direction they could be really good by playoff time. I predict them to either WIN or come in as runner-up in their district.

I agree. If they can beat Marion County they should win the region.