Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley's Elisha Justice recruited by Kentucky
WALL2WALL Wrote:I see where you are coming from, EJ isnt as athletic as these guys. But I still think he has D-1 athleticism. I tell you one thing though. People have been telling EJ all his life that he cant do this, or he cant do that, but he always proves them wrong. If anyone tells him that he cant earn a scholly at UK, he'll work his tail off to prove them wrong as well.
I appreciate that, and he seems like that kind of kid. Its just late in the game for this class for a scholly to pop up. UK is looking for the most elite talent around the nation not just the state. I wish it were possiible to recruit only within the state and be #1 in the nation because KY kids get it. They understand the tradition and history and what it means. I wish Elisha nothing but the best and truly hope that Cal makes an exception and lets him walk on, but I just cant see a scholly offer coming down. He is the kind of kid you want on your team. As for the comments about giving Krebs a ride it was only a one year deal, he's a Sr. and it was an extra scholly. It only tied it up for one season which worked out perfectly for both parties. There's just so much that goes into recruiting at the highest level and the numbers of guys leaving and coming in always works itself out. I'm sure Cal knows just about exactly what everyone is doing (leaving or staying) and will recruit to fill the holes.
CAL can defiently recruit. I believe EJ can play in one of the power conferences though. Just my opinion.
WALL2WALL Wrote:CAL can defiently recruit. I believe EJ can play in one of the power conferences though. Just my opinion.
He probably is good enough. Dont think for a second I'm knocking the kid at all, because thats not what I'm doing. He really seems like a good kid, and a great addition to any team no matter the role!
Cantwaitfor8 Wrote:He probably is good enough. Dont think for a second I'm knocking the kid at all, because thats not what I'm doing. He really seems like a good kid, and a great addition to any team no matter the role!

Yeah, wouldn't mind seeing him in the BIG TEN. The guards really are not that tall. And EJ fits in with many of there systems. I dont think your knocking him. Just having a deep conversation.:rockon:
Who said Elisha would switch even if UK did offer him something? He is dead set on Louisville, and is not going to change his mind.
Uncle Fester Wrote:Who said Elisha would switch even if UK did offer him something? He is dead set on Louisville, and is not going to change his mind.

I believe it was just a rumor. Someone said that an asst. coach called Booher about him.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I believe it was just a rumor. Someone said that an asst. coach called Booher about him.

Again, no one contacted SV from UK about a scholarship, it is all a rumor.
trufan Wrote:Again, no one contacted SV from UK about a scholarship, it is all a rumor.

Leave it to people who have NEVER spoken a word to Jason Booher to start these rumors. :please:
Uncle Fester Wrote:Leave it to people who have NEVER spoken a word to Jason Booher to start these rumors. :please:

Maybe Trufan can introduce himself or herself to him at SV in the morning.:lmao:
you all have to admit .The UK team this year is just a special team. Cal has always been one of my favorite coaches. But he will try and may never get that many great players again. But there should be a pack among Kentucky schools to let the Mr Basketball go to any school they want to in the state with a full scholarship, full ride, everything paid for. But keep them in state. Remember K lofton and others who went out of state turned out to be good D1 players. So the reward for a Mr Basketball should be full basketball scholarship to any college instate. D1 ,D2 NAIA where ever.
I just hope another school like Mississippi State dont come in and offer him a full ride and we lose another great player..
WALL2WALL Wrote:Elisha can handle the ball just a good as Wall.

Never say that again!!
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:you all have to admit .The UK team this year is just a special team. Cal has always been one of my favorite coaches. But he will try and may never get that many great players again. But there should be a pack among Kentucky schools to let the Mr Basketball go to any school they want to in the state with a full scholarship, full ride, everything paid for. But keep them in state. Remember K lofton and others who went out of state turned out to be good D1 players. So the reward for a Mr Basketball should be full basketball scholarship to any college instate. D1 ,D2 NAIA where ever.
I agree.
IMO Mr. Basketball should get an automatic scholarship to any Kentucky school of his choice to play basketball at. Whether it be UK, UL, Morehead St, Murray St, EKU, WKU, etc.
LClion4life Wrote:IMO Mr. Basketball should get an automatic scholarship to any Kentucky school of his choice to play basketball at. Whether it be UK, UL, Morehead St, Murray St, EKU, WKU, etc.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
RavenBoy Wrote:Never say that again!!

What I meant was that Elisha keeps his dribble lower than Wall, that's all.
EJ cannot do anything compared to Wall sorry go play for Ricky P
Grand Slam Wrote:EJ cannot do anything compared to Wall sorry go play for Ricky P

Anything?
Uncle Fester Wrote:Who said Elisha would switch even if UK did offer him something? He is dead set on Louisville, and is not going to change his mind.

come on dont say he wouldnt want to be on one of the top teams in the country over the Cards...
I know one thing he can do better than Wall and most...... He plays with as much heart as any one I have seen play the game. It is something had to measure, but it sure wins a lot of games......
I doubt it seriously. They recruit NBA players. If he were a walk on the chances of getting much playing time or working into scholarship don't look great to me. Louisville will be good for him. Unless he has a full scholarship offer he decides to take.
the only problem I can see at Louisville is fitting in with the players -- I know many of them personally, and I will just say they are not anything near 'typical Eastern KY Christian boys' in terms of personality, attitude, and morals
asdfasdf Wrote:the only problem I can see at Louisville is fitting in with the players -- I know many of them personally, and I will just say they are not anything near 'typical Eastern KY Christian boys' in terms of personality, attitude, and morals

This will be his hardest adjustment to playing basketball at Louisville. It will not be the family-type of teammates that he had at SV.
Old Henry Man Wrote:That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
:Thumbs:
RavenBoy Wrote:Never say that again!!
+1

Hood was better than EJ coming out of high school. Can't believe some ppl on here are comparing EJ to Wall. But I hope EJ succeeds wherever he goes. I hope he stays in state at Lville or UK though. If Preston Knowles can get significant PT at Lville than I believe EJ can too. Knowles wasn't a stud coming out of GRC but he's improved tremendously under Pitino. I believe EJ will show that kind of improvement too.
I agree that Justice will get much better under Pitino than the terrific player he already is.* I know I'm an old timer, but no one at the state's big schools wanted Phil Cox of Cawood back in the day...Mr. Basketball, a great all-around player but short and not "athletic enough". It was during the Joe B. Hall/Denny Crum glory days. Cox just went to Vandy to be All-SEC and their all-time leading scorer...lit KY up everytime they played. It is the Mike Ditka/Bobby Knight line. Everyone gets caught up with prototypes and forgets to simply want a good player. If you can play, you can play. When I read some of these comments, I wish Justice would use it as motivation and go to a school that plays against UK or U of L.
EJ can play in a power confrence in due time. I really hope someone like UT doesnt scoop him up, and he terrorized UK for a couple years. AKA Chris Lofton, who was too short, not explosive enough, and not athletic enough outa high school, just like ppl say about Elisha Justice.

EJ cant do anything better than John Wall lmao. That only thing I would think he would be close would be 3 point shooting.
Theyre is also no chance that EJ commits to UK, unless he walks on. Theyre just are not any available scholarships left. That is unless everyone leaves.

Patterson- Stacey Poole Jr
Stevenson- Enes Kantar
Ramon Harris- Brandon Knight.
Mark Krebs - CJ Leslie

-----------------------

Thats Patt and all the seniors, now Wall/ Cousins/ Bledsoe/ Orton could leave, and free up some more schollys. IMO the recruits in line for these full rids in order would be.

Dorn Lamb- 5* guard who has UK in his final three.
Josh Selby - 5* guard who has UK in his final four.
Luke Cothron- 4* PF who has UK as his leader, and final two.
Terremce Ross - 4* SG who has UK in his last 5.

Anything could also happen, with players who have just verbeled, that could swith to UK with signing day come closer.
EJ can play anywhere if given a chance. He could check about any guard in college basketball. HE CAN SHOOT A **** OF A LOT BETTER than John Wall. Just because he is WHITE doesnt mean he cant play D1. You could probably throw a DUKE uniform on him and he could probably become an All American if given the opportunity to play. You guys remember TRAVIS FORD, RITCHIE FARMER, SHANNON HOSKINS, and several other small WHITE guys that went D1? Elisha is just as good as them guys were if not better.
Aslan Wrote::Thumbs:

+1

Hood was better than EJ coming out of high school. Can't believe some ppl on here are comparing EJ to Wall. But I hope EJ succeeds wherever he goes. I hope he stays in state at Lville or UK though. If Preston Knowles can get significant PT at Lville than I believe EJ can too. Knowles wasn't a stud coming out of GRC but he's improved tremendously under Pitino. I believe EJ will show that kind of improvement too.

I wasn't comparing him to Wall. What I meant was that he keeps his dribble lower than Wall.
This thread has run its course, of course until someone can actually tell me whether EJ has been in contact with UK. Because some of the higher-ups of SV fans would know and have said that so far, EJ hasn't been contacted by UK.

Closed.