Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Rumor) Steve Wright to Holmes?
kywldcat01 Wrote:I've heard the following guys are all candidates that will be interviewed this week:

Jason Booher (Shelby Valley)
Champ Ligon (Former Bryan Station coach)
Steve Wright (South Laurel)
Tim Sullivan (Cooper..former Holmes and Mason Co assistant)
Brad Carr (Scott High School)

Add Larry Miller of Moore and Redd Hutchinson, formerly of Dunbar, to list of interviwees.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Mike Flynn is from right outside Clemson, South Carolina so both of you are wrong.
I believe you are correct, meant to say he came from Western Kentucky to Holmes, coaching wise.
He may have been at Cumberland as a student?

Clearly not a relative though.
Hollaatme Wrote:Mike is from Western Kentucky and coached at Warren Central before going to Holmes. He then came here to the 16th Region and coached Ashland, moved on to Bourbon County then to Highlands.

I'm aware of where his stops were and the order. My point was that he coached in nky and eky and had success in both areas.

In reference to Booher and the possibility of him taking the Holmes job, I think he could have similar success.

Gold Charger Wrote:kywldcat01, I have seen Bryan Station and Ligon coach many games, the bolded is far from the truth of how Legion coached his teams.

As far as the off court issues, I remember what happened at the 5/3 Classic with the Holmes players, and other things reported. IMO Legion would be a great fit. Holmes would be lucky to get him. Great coach.

I also saw Ligon coach several games and it seemed to me that they were very undisciplined offensively. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this matter. They've always relied on their athleticism, IMO.

I, too, remember what happened with several Holmes players at the 5/3 classic but to compare a few from that 07 class to the kids from the 08, 09, and 10 classes simply isn't fair to them. Those kids were not only outstanding basketball players, but even better kids off the court.
It's gotta be Jason Booher....A Sweet 16 Championship looks pretty darn good on a resume especially to a team like Holmes who wants to get back to winning championships