Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 UK Players Taken in 1st Round
Grand Slam Wrote:congrats to all

Ditto.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:It will be relished by me for quite some time to come. Just like winning the toughest Conference tournament in the country will be relished for some time to come.

WVU beat Cincy, Notre Dame and Georgetown by a combined 7 points. Of course you get the Big East Championship title but to me that's not a whole lot to brag about. The only team worth anything was Georgetown. You guys over achieved the whole season and had nothing to show for it. If WVU beating UK was the best memory of your life then I must say that is really pathetic. Congratulations on nothing, sir. :moon:
well ive never in my life saw someone get so happy about winning one game lol the big east most definitely wasnt that good this year, so the big east being the toughest conference tournament is a lil much haha. its ok, be jealous it lets us know we have something good. oh yea and btw, when the mountaineers win a national championship call me ; ) hahahahahahaha :moon:
mister... basketball Wrote:well ive never in my life saw someone get so happy about winning one game lol the big east most definitely wasnt that good this year, so the big east being the toughest conference tournament is a lil much haha. its ok, be jealous it lets us know we have something good. oh yea and btw, when the mountaineers win a national championship call me ; ) hahahahahahaha :moon:

Well, there must be a reason that the SEC is referred to as the SEZ.:flame:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Well, there must be a reason that the SEC is referred to as the SEZ.:flame:

you sure are obsessed with that Victory aren't ya?
Strikeout King Wrote:you sure are obsessed with that Victory aren't ya?

Ya think????

You UK fans should be downright embarrassed. Best UK team in over 10 years, get 5 drafted in the first round of the NBA draft, and STILL do not win a national title with all that talent. :flush:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Ya think????

You UK fans should be downright embarrassed. Best UK team in over 10 years, get 5 drafted in the first round of the NBA draft, and STILL do not win a national title with all that talent. :flush:

Not embarrassed. But definitely extremely disappointed.

then you need to get over your self, nothing is gonna change, what did you all accomplish by beating UK? Nothing! are we disappointed? Yes! I Bet You All Are Still Disappointed Billy G beat Huggy.
Aslan Wrote:Not embarrassed. But definitely extremely disappointed.

exactly. UK fans are moving on while others are soak all this up when there isn't nothing to soak up because there not gonna get nothing out of this because its already said and done

I hope to god our team meets WV this year.. Cause I can promise you the cats will run over them, and claw them there moutaineers eyes out.. :flame::redboxer:
Ballers Wrote:I hope to god our team meets WV this year.. Cause I can promise you the cats will run over them, and claw them there moutaineers eyes out.. :flame::redboxer:

Huggy leads Cal all time 8-1.:moon:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Huggy leads Cal all time 8-1.:moon:

Wvu-0
UK-7
:flame:

Do you not understand the aspect of the tourney that allows for the less-talented team to win? One bad game mixed with a good team having a fantastic game then you are out. I am proud of WVU and I have been congratulating the Mountaineers (including my pastor) anytime it is mentioned. But do not think that if they played 10 times they would have beat that UK team more than 2 or 3. The beauty of the tourney is the same reason why UK, UNC, Duke etc. doesnt have probably 12 titles a piece, one mediocre game and you have the potential to be beat regardless of the most talent in the field. CONGRATS TO THE MOUNTAINEERS AND I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOUR FINAL FOUR APPEARANCE. :Thumbs:
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here is the difference between the two programs:

- At WVU, they celebrate winning Elite Eight games. Which has happened twice, ever. Enjoy this one, Mountaineer fans, maybe it won't take another 50 years to do it again.

- At UK, we celibrate winning national titles. Which has happened 7 times. Most recently in 1998, with UK owning two titles in the last 15 years.

Which do you think will happen next, WVU adding another Elite Eight win to their trophy case, or UK winning another national title? Bet I know the answer to that one...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ STING>

Lol
More Cowbell Wrote:Here is the difference between the two programs:

- At WVU, they celebrate winning Elite Eight games. Which has happened twice, ever. Enjoy this one, Mountaineer fans, maybe it won't take another 50 years to do it again.

- At UK, we celibrate winning national titles. Which has happened 7 times. Most recently in 1998, with UK owning two titles in the last 15 years.

Which do you think will happen next, WVU adding another Elite Eight win to their trophy case, or UK winning another national title? Bet I know the answer to that one...

Hey, at least WVU has never been on the cover of Sports Illustrated with the title "WVU's Shame" and the program has never been threatened with the NCAA death penalty.

"celibrate" - iz dat watt u does n Kentuckee????
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Hey, at least WVU has never been on the cover of Sports Illustrated with the title "WVU's Shame" and the program has never been threatened with the NCAA death penalty.

Nope I believe that a typo does not show anything how a person talks. You are being downright stupid! Oh sorry Stuuooopidd. I do not think that WVU has had anything the NCAA could threaten by the way.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Nope I believe that a typo does not show anything how a person talks. You are being downright stupid! Oh sorry Stuuooopidd. I do not think that WVU has had anything the NCAA could threaten by the way.

www.post-gazette.com/sports/wvu/20020622wvu0622np4.asp
More Cowbell Wrote:Here is the difference between the two programs:

Well played sir well played... Said a mouthful on this one, have to agree with all of the above.
Benchwarmer Wrote:www.post-gazette.com/sports/wvu/20020622wvu0622np4.asp

Why thank you good sir!! But I believe that I will kindly send this link to Dangerous Mountain Man.

Thanks for the link, that was an interesting read and I did not recall that story from 2002. Thank you man!!!
[SIZE="4"]
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Hey, at least WVU has never been on the cover of Sports Illustrated with the title "WVU's Shame" and the program has never been threatened with the NCAA death penalty.

I agree, WVU has probably never been on the cover of SI with that particular title. For that matter, they certainly have never been on the cover with the title "WVU - National Champions", and I don't see that happening anytime soon, either. Maybe they'll put you guys on the cover to commemorate your once-in-a-generation Final Four appearance?

Oh, and congratulations, I guess you noticed that I misspelled the word celebrate in my previous post. Although to be fair, it was spelled correctly earlier in that same post. But since we are correcting spelling and grammar today, I should let you know that your run-on sentence needed a comma immediately after the "shame". :Thumbs:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2009/10/19/...ian-payne/
Benchwarmer Wrote:http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2009/10/19/...ian-payne/

Why thank you good sir. I am loving these articles. I just want Neer fan to to realize that these kinds of stories surface with every program.
[SIZE="4"]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Why thank you good sir. I am loving these articles. I just want Neer fan to to realize that these kinds of stories surface with every program.

It s so hard to find WV basketball recruiting violations for all the football violations.
Benchwarmer Wrote:It s so hard to find WV basketball recruiting violations for all the football violations.

OK, I deserved that. Sad to say, we are trying to clean up the mess Fraud lefts. If he had not been ratted out at Meatchicken, the NCAA would not have come knocking on WVU's door.

As for basketball, former WVU coach Gale Catlett stayed far too long in Morgantown. He was once Rupp's assistant.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:OK, I deserved that. Sad to say, we are trying to clean up the mess Fraud lefts. If he had not been ratted out at Meatchicken, the NCAA would not have come knocking on WVU's door.

As for basketball, former WVU coach Gale Catlett stayed far too long in Morgantown. He was once Rupp's assistant.

WVU can ALWAYS rest with the fact that Jerry West came from there. I think we all can agree on that. So as with every other MAJOR program, some kind of violation will always be committed at some point in the eyes of the crazy NCAA.
[SIZE="4"]
:argue:
Deathstar 80 Wrote::argue:

Im pretty sure than when Dangerousdan made this thread he knew that it would be nothing but arguments. And that has basic held true.:popcorn:
[SIZE="4"]
I guess Dan Issel called Cal on the carpet for Cal saying that it was the greatest day in UK basketball history when 5 was sent in the NBA first round. Issel sort of agrees with me that UK had all that talent and STILL could not get the job done.
talent alone will only get you so far. experience is a big factor and UK didnt have alot of tournament experience. being the most talented team doesnt mean you will win the championship (see the 18-1 new england patriots or for a more direct comparison see the fab 5 from michigan). if talent alone was the key reason for winning championships then why doesnt the Yankees win it every year or why didnt the russians beat the americans in lake placid. how many sporting events have we seen that the lesser talented team beat the more talented.

yet we are going to argue on this thread and talk about how embarrassing it is that a group of 18-22 year old kids couldnt bring a championship to UK with all of that talent.