Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 World Series
PC_You_Know Wrote:So then why didn't we get Cliff Lee if we offered all the money in the world? We could have just paid the Mariners enough money to buy a new pitcher if that's how baseball works.

So basically you're saying the Yankees are doing baseball a favor and producing all these good prospects and then dealing them off?

What in the world are you talking about?!! The Yankees did not get Lee because of a dispute with the Mariners concerning a prospect, NOT THE AMOUNT OF MONEY! It was about a damage good being a prospect that was offered and talks were severed because of it. Sometimes a team may want a prospect, thats just how it is. Mariners probably needed a big time prospect instead of the money.

You are crazy if you think that the Yankees have the prospects to offer teams. They simply buy off contracts when a team just wants as much money as possible. And outbid the next team (when ever that is the case).

In my post, by saying that "they would not have to worry about their farm system," this means that they can out bid other teams for players services but if they have to go into their farm system to get players they would not have anything of true major league substance.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:What in the world are you talking about?!! The Yankees did not get Lee because of a dispute with the Mariners concerning a prospect, NOT THE AMOUNT OF MONEY! It was about a damage good being a prospect that was offered and talks were severed because of it. Sometimes a team may want a prospect, thats just how it is. Mariners probably needed a big time prospect instead of the money.

You are crazy if you think that the Yankees have the prospects to offer teams. They simply buy off contracts when a team just wants as much money as possible. And outbid the next team (when ever that is the case).

In my post, by saying that "they would not have to worry about their farm system," this means that they can out bid other teams for players services but if they have to go into their farm system to get players they would not have anything of true major league substance.

You realize until two years ago the Yankees had the best farm league in baseball with the Columbus Clippers right?
PC_You_Know Wrote:You realize until two years ago the Yankees had the best farm league in baseball with the Columbus Clippers right?

You do realize that one just ONE TEAM makes up a farm system. The Yanks have been notorious for having lower prospects for such a FANTASTIC organization.... Sorry man, Columbus Clippers can have the best team but that does not mean they have the best system.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:You do realize that one just ONE TEAM makes up a farm system. The Yanks have been notorious for having lower prospects for such a FANTASTIC organization.... Sorry man, Columbus Clippers can have the best team but that does not mean they have the best system.

You do realize that NOT just ONE TEAM makes up a farm system. The Yanks have been notorious for having lower prospects for such a FANTASTIC organization.... Sorry man, Columbus Clippers can have the best team but that does not mean the YANKEES have the best system.

Sorry PC left a crucial word out.:Thumbs:
[SIZE="4"]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:You do realize that NOT just ONE TEAM makes up a farm system. The Yanks have been notorious for having lower prospects for such a FANTASTIC organization.... Sorry man, Columbus Clippers can have the best team but that does not mean the YANKEES have the best system.

Sorry PC left a crucial word out.:Thumbs:

Yeah I figured that's what you meant and I agree. But you also have to agree with me that with the Yankees constantly trading off prospects, it's not a bad tradeoff with them buying the good players.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Yeah I figured that's what you meant and I agree. But you also have to agree with me that with the Yankees constantly trading off prospects, it's not a bad tradeoff with them buying the good players.

I would be lying if I said that I would not want ownership of the Reds to be like that. It is all part of the Yankee's legacy and dynasty.
[SIZE="4"]