Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will take the 3A title this year?
Jumper Dad Wrote:A lot of GOOD football teams in the east, way to early for the Jumpers to be thinking about Central, Tilghman, Union, Henry or any other west team. Who ever comes out of the east will show up and play ball, they will not be overwhelmed at the prospect of playing a team form the other side of the state.

Perfectly said!:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I guess everybody thinks its going to be the Jumpers I'll take those odds lol.
I am going with henry county
RoShamBo Wrote:I don't know I think Somerset has definitely earned the top spot but I'd say you gotta throw in some West teams like PT, Central, and UC to make it legit. They don't have as good of records but they will definitely be the most battled tested come playoff time. I'm not afraid to be a homer though and say Somerset takes home the 3A title!

i was taking about just the east,but yes,Central and Tilman for sure would,with Somerset be 1-3 overall,then the rest you could put in any order..
Somerset is the best 3A team that i have see this year. But i have only see 5 3A teams this year.
This title will remain in the west for a long while, somerset hasnt been tested yet, Union has dominated every game except the first one....this will be the year.
This will be the 3A game of the week in two weeks. We will see who is ready to play. We will see who can play. Enjoy your week off.
cj2561 Wrote:Somerset is the best 3A team that i have see this year. But i have only see 5 3A teams this year.

Which 3A teams have you seen?
the west is strong and cant be beat and i think the wildcats of henry county are lookin strong and begining to look unstoppable
UCFB Wrote:This title will remain in the west for a long while, somerset hasnt been tested yet, Union has dominated every game except the first one....this will be the year.

OPPONENT
SITE
SCORE STATS?
Aug 20, 10 Evansville Mater Dei, IN away 7 - 42 (L) Click
Aug 27, 10 Ballard Memorial away 54 - 13 (W) Click
Sep 3, 10 Madisonville-North Hopkins home 35 - 19 (W) Click
Sep 10, 10 Caldwell County home 16 - 14 (W) Click
Sep 17, 10 Ohio County away 47 - 27 (W) Click
Oct 1, 10 Heath away 7:30 PM
Oct 8, 10 Paducah Tilghman away 7:30 PM
Oct 15, 10 Webster County home 7:30 PM
Oct 22, 10 McLean County away 7:30 PM
Oct 29, 10 Hopkins County Central
and from games2-5 who is any good?
Here's hoping Union's coaching staff has a safe drive to Calloway County tonight.
Definitely time will come and we’ll see who is on top and who the bottom line is. But it seems that Somerset is doing well and will be ranked high in 3A titles. But there are other teams as well.
Im with you, Rebel for Life - henry county
I remember when Breathitt made it to the 3A Title Game, Central was way to fast for them and I think that's the case with the 3A this year, too much speed out west, Id love to see a team from the East take a title down in 3A but I dont know if somerset has the speed to stop central or PT, or Union.
but I dont know if somerset has the speed to stop central or PT, or Union.
Union is not on same level as the 2 mentioned with them, oct 8th at Tilman is there only game that will show,until playoffs,last year they beat Tilman in reagular season and got beat in the playoffs..
The next 3 weeks will let us know a lot more of how things will be shaping up in 3A, some big battles out West and in the East...... We will know if Union is legit and can compete with the usual big boys out west.... and the same in the East ..... as Pike Central gets into the teeth of their schedule.... still not sure if any can beat Somerset though!!! Just a hunch still like Union vs Pike Central until I see otherwise!
As we all know, strange things happen in the play-offs. Some teams peak at play-off time, while others that have done well in the regular season fall by the wayside. Thus, who knows?
The Contrarian is entirely correct.
cuppett777 Wrote:OPPONENT
SITE
SCORE STATS?
Aug 20, 10 Evansville Mater Dei, IN away 7 - 42 (L) Click
Aug 27, 10 Ballard Memorial away 54 - 13 (W) Click
Sep 3, 10 Madisonville-North Hopkins home 35 - 19 (W) Click
Sep 10, 10 Caldwell County home 16 - 14 (W) Click
Sep 17, 10 Ohio County away 47 - 27 (W) Click
Oct 1, 10 Heath away 7:30 PM
Oct 8, 10 Paducah Tilghman away 7:30 PM
Oct 15, 10 Webster County home 7:30 PM
Oct 22, 10 McLean County away 7:30 PM
Oct 29, 10 Hopkins County Central
and from games2-5 who is any good?

For what it is worth, MNH is starting to play very good football. Christian County (who is ranked top 4 in 5A) played them this past weekend and MNH should have won. I think early in the season they were toying with wing T and other offenses that apparently weren't suiting very well. Now they are running the spread (atleast against us), and they looked pretty darn good doing it. They QB is a great athlete and lead his team very well.
Tilghman from the West.
I'll go out on a limb and predict Louisville Central
Cardinals Rule123 Wrote:Just a hunch still like Union vs Pike Central until I see otherwise!
:dontthink
Once a Colonel Wrote:For what it is worth, MNH is starting to play very good football. Christian County (who is ranked top 4 in 5A) played them this past weekend and MNH should have won. I think early in the season they were toying with wing T and other offenses that apparently weren't suiting very well. Now they are running the spread (atleast against us), and they looked pretty darn good doing it. They QB is a great athlete and lead his team very well.

yea, i know about Madisonville, i grew up there, and just left there again this year, but i have a friend who i used to work with whos boy is on the team and sends me txt during the games,glad to see that got some offense going ..there moving to 4a next year..
I am going with PCC the Hawks have it all this year Coach Chapman is a master mind at the game and if you dont think so look at Breathitt Co with and Breathitt Co.without him,so enough said about him he has a good Qb and very talented skill kids and looks like they will be taking the field at WKU this Dec. so Jumpers will have to wait till Hawks getter done... Go Hawks!!
Who wants to go on a limb and say the winner of the tilghman/union game on the 8th will be ranked #1 in 3a for a while?
UCFB Wrote:Who wants to go on a limb and say the winner of the tilghman/union game on the 8th will be ranked #1 in 3a for a while?

Not I.
minuteman6006 Wrote:i think S.C.H.S CARDS will take it

I'm a true Cardinal fan. I feel like if they get their head out of their a** & play to their potential,then they will go far....REAL FAR!!!
:Thumbs: