Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 19 Paintsville 6
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:This game was really the worst Paintsville has played this year. It seemed to me like none of the boys wanted this win at all. They made stupid mistakes, and flat out got beat by a team that talent wise is not as good as them. Congrats Betsy Layne good luck against Pikeville.
BL did want it more, but they were more talented and showed it. I don't buy for a second that the Tigers just didn't want this win. BL went INTO Paintsville on their HOMECOMING night and won the game by essentially 2 touchdowns. Casey Adkins ran the ball at will, and BL's defense was so rock solid, producing 3 turnovers. Solid athletes + well-coached team = big season for Bobcats.
GREAT WIN for the bobcats. I think the talent and drive is there for them to turn many more heads this year. Keep working hard Bobcats!!!!
Give credit where credit is due. The Bobcats went to THE VILLE on Homecoming night and took care of business. Their defense was as tough as a HH double cheeseburger and their offense was effective enough to get the job done. I've also gotta say that looking across the field from the Paintsville side that BL definately has alot of fan support. Their crowd was pretty awesome tonight. Congrats BOBCATS:Wave:
Congrats BL
Great game and congrats to the coaches and the boys and the fans, as I type its hard to keep from getting emotional I witnessed somthing so GREAT for the future of this program and of the future football players. Coach Parsons and coach Collins you went to Paintsville last night with a game plan and exacuted it. The Bobcat players worked hard all week to get ready for the Tigers and it showed.
The Tigers couldnt tackle Casey last night he was dragging there d-fense 5 to 10 yards about everyplay, WOW Casey. Corey your speed scared Kinner they keyed you all night, you still pulled out a game that never will be forgotten. All of the d-fense in the 2nd half played wonderfully. To ride into Painstville on Homecomming night and pull out a win like u guys did will never be (FORGOTTEN).:popcorn:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
After witnessing this game lastnight, I will never say another word about the Tiger coaching staff. These Tiger players quit, plain and simple. The first few series on defense, Paintsville attacked and were very aggressive, kept Betsy Layne from going anywhere, than all of a sudden, they just quit doing it. You could hear Kinner and his coaches yelling Toss and Lead all night, the defense attacked it in the first quarter, layed back and waited on it from there on out which led to Betsy Layne big yardage. The offensive line looked the worst they have looked ALL year long IMO, no blocking what so ever, and id wasn't because BL's Dline is better either. Paintsville losing Josh Hall in the 1st quarter sure didn't help Paintsville, he's their #1 WR and plays OLB. Paintsville just flat out quit, it's simple as that. They didn't want it, QB **** his head all night after throwing an INT, then quit after throwing a 2nd INT. Had a man wide open for a TD and under threw him for a 3rd INT. There should have been a pass interference called on that second INT, no doubt, but the score was still 13-6, no reason to quit.
Way to go Bobcats
Recznik Wrote:Great game and congrats to the coaches and the boys and the fans, as I type its hard to keep from getting emotional I witnessed somthing so GREAT for the future of this program and of the future football players. Coach Parsons and coach Collins you went to Paintsville last night with a game plan and exacuted it. The Bobcat players worked hard all week to get ready for the Tigers and it showed.
The Tigers couldnt tackle Casey last night he was dragging there d-fense 5 to 10 yards about everyplay, WOW Casey. Corey your speed scared Kinner they keyed you all night, you still pulled out a game that never will be forgotten. All of the d-fense in the 2nd half played wonderfully. To ride into Painstville on Homecomming night and pull out a win like u guys did will never be (FORGOTTEN).:popcorn:
Congrats.BL and good luck on the rest of your season. Keep in mind that you scored 19 pts. on a team that averages 43 gives. In addition three of the District's teams rank in the top 5 of Class A in donating points. Use that to build on your game with Pikeville.
Coal Miner Wrote:After witnessing this game lastnight, I will never say another word about the Tiger coaching staff. These Tiger players quit, plain and simple. The first few series on defense, Paintsville attacked and were very aggressive, kept Betsy Layne from going anywhere, than all of a sudden, they just quit doing it. You could hear Kinner and his coaches yelling Toss and Lead all night, the defense attacked it in the first quarter, layed back and waited on it from there on out which led to Betsy Layne big yardage. The offensive line looked the worst they have looked ALL year long IMO, no blocking what so ever, and id wasn't because BL's Dline is better either. Paintsville losing Josh Hall in the 1st quarter sure didn't help Paintsville, he's their #1 WR and plays OLB. Paintsville just flat out quit, it's simple as that. They didn't want it, QB **** his head all night after throwing an INT, then quit after throwing a 2nd INT. Had a man wide open for a TD and under threw him for a 3rd INT. There should have been a pass interference called on that second INT, no doubt, but the score was still 13-6, no reason to quit.
adkins wasent in the game the first first few series.after coming in all we had to do was let the big dog eat !Ididnt see the tigers laying down until after the last int,and for the pass interfence call you must of had a better view than the official.lol
Coal Miner Wrote:After witnessing this game lastnight, I will never say another word about the Tiger coaching staff. These Tiger players quit, plain and simple. The first few series on defense, Paintsville attacked and were very aggressive, kept Betsy Layne from going anywhere, than all of a sudden, they just quit doing it. You could hear Kinner and his coaches yelling Toss and Lead all night, the defense attacked it in the first quarter, layed back and waited on it from there on out which led to Betsy Layne big yardage. The offensive line looked the worst they have looked ALL year long IMO, no blocking what so ever, and id wasn't because BL's Dline is better either. Paintsville losing Josh Hall in the 1st quarter sure didn't help Paintsville, he's their #1 WR and plays OLB. Paintsville just flat out quit, it's simple as that. They didn't want it, QB **** his head all night after throwing an INT, then quit after throwing a 2nd INT. Had a man wide open for a TD and under threw him for a 3rd INT. There should have been a pass interference called on that second INT, no doubt, but the score was still 13-6, no reason to quit.

Queston? Whose job is it to get a team ready to play? I suppose the 4-7 "09""and the 6-6 "08" teams were quitters as well. Put that QB on the bench a that 19 goes to the season average. If you call the players quitters what does that make" EVERYONE" else?
Coal Miner, you never say a word about the coaches to begin with. Kinda makes it more obvious that you must be on the coaching staff, because everyone in town isn't to thrilled after last night. My phone's rang since 8 this morning with people talking about how terrible things and that they are taking strong consideration into taking their kids across the creek to play football.
TigerTime, Redneck, or Coal Miner i have a question for any of you three. Whose on the non district schedule for next season?
I love how that when a team gets beat by BLHS the other team is having a "down nite" they are "struggling" they "Quit" they had "bad call by ref" they "had kids out " THEY ALWAYS HAVE AN EXCUSE, OTHER THAN " WE GOT BEAT BY A BETTER TEAM" I think alot of people need to learn how to LOSE with class, God knows we have in the PAST!!!!!!!
Superman20 Wrote:TigerTime, Redneck, or Coal Miner i have a question for any of you three. Whose on the non district schedule for next season?

I am pretty sure we play Paintsville in the APPLE BOWL next year?
Superman20 Wrote:Coal Miner, you never say a word about the coaches to begin with. Kinda makes it more obvious that you must be on the coaching staff, because everyone in town isn't to thrilled after last night. My phone's rang since 8 this morning with people talking about how terrible things and that they are taking strong consideration into taking their kids across the creek to play football.

Actually, I talk about the coaches all the time, but not on here. Ive always been a believer that when players hear people talking about their coaches, they will start to think the same things. No I'm not on the coaching staff. If parents are talking strongly about taking their kids across the creek then good, I'm a JC supporter too, that's my alma mater :biggrin:. The only reason I come to Paintsville games and support them every week is because of the family ties. And I do know two of the coaches very well, one of which you and everybody has dogged all season long, who indeed does know a great deal about football, though he prolly should be running the offense instead of the defense.
Wow !!!!
Didnt make it to the game, but the players should be able hold their head up high for a season to remember. WOW, is right Saratoga, it must have been amazing to be there.
Good game Bobcats. I know you want to savor the flavor, but their is work to be done. Pikeville next friday for district championship! Thats right, I said for the District Championship.
BOBCAT-BLACK & GOLD Wrote:I am pretty sure we play Paintsville in the APPLE BOWL next year?

Only if your elementary school will agree to play their elementary school. :biggrin:

j/k Sorry, couldn't resist.
BOBCAT-BLACK & GOLD Wrote:I love how that when a team gets beat by BLHS the other team is having a "down nite" they are "struggling" they "Quit" they had "bad call by ref" they "had kids out " THEY ALWAYS HAVE AN EXCUSE, OTHER THAN " WE GOT BEAT BY A BETTER TEAM" I think alot of people need to learn how to LOSE with class, God knows we have in the PAST!!!!!!!
BL was favored in this game from the get go. I had BL the winner after last year. Paintsville is on a real downward plunge. BL is on their own high. Pikeville is not Paintsville don't forget that. They are not the old Pikeville but good enough to get a job done. This no doubt the weakest district in the state. You scored 19 pts. on the third weakest team in the district and 5th in class A state. That is not an excuse but simple stats. from the KHSAA webbsite. Having said that best of wishes in your game with Pikeville.
Sportsfanatic99 Wrote:BL did want it more, but they were more talented and showed it. I don't buy for a second that the Tigers just didn't want this win. BL went INTO Paintsville on their HOMECOMING night and won the game by essentially 2 touchdowns. Casey Adkins ran the ball at will, and BL's defense was so rock solid, producing 3 turnovers. Solid athletes + well-coached team = big season for Bobcats.

The last interception your guys corner was beat on a post for the td but Caldwell misread it and threw it up for grabs. But this game might mean big changes are in store in Paintsville. This loss was unacceptable.
Nice win for the Bobcats. Good job guys.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:BL was favored in this game from the get go. I had BL the winner after last year. Paintsville is on a real downward plunge. BL is on their own high. Pikeville is not Paintsville don't forget that. They are not the old Pikeville but good enough to get a job done. This no doubt the weakest district in the state. You scored 19 pts. on the third weakest team in the district and 5th in class A state. That is not an excuse but simple stats. from the KHSAA webbsite. Having said that best of wishes in your game with Pikeville.

You keep bringing it up that BL only scored 19 and last week the coaching staff caught pure heck because they put points on the board.
It only took 19 points, so get over it
A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN
Move on BL and get focused on Pikeille and the District Championship game
Mack Aroni Wrote:You keep bringing it up that BL only scored 19 and last week the coaching staff caught pure heck because they put points on the board.
It only took 19 points, so get over it
A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN
Move on BL and get focused on Pikeille and the District Championship game
What we are trying to say here is that you put up "19" against a very down Paintsville team not Flordia or Alabamma. "19" points against Pikeville will not get the job done in what may very well be the biggest game in your school's history. With that go out and prepare for the Panthers.
Way to go Bobcats.
Coal Miner Wrote:Actually, I talk about the coaches all the time, but not on here. Ive always been a believer that when players hear people talking about their coaches, they will start to think the same things. No I'm not on the coaching staff. If parents are talking strongly about taking their kids across the creek then good, I'm a JC supporter too, that's my alma mater :biggrin:. The only reason I come to Paintsville games and support them every week is because of the family ties. And I do know two of the coaches very well, one of which you and everybody has dogged all season long, who indeed does know a great deal about football, though he prolly should be running the offense instead of the defense.

I dont believe you, and I know a few others that agree your a coach, but thats besides the point. If anybody over their "knows" a great deal about football, their coaching philosophies aren't proving it. You know all the coaches really well cause your the only man in town saying "they know a great deal about football" the record on the past few seasons proves my point.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:What we are trying to say here is that you put up "19" against a very down Paintsville team not Flordia or Alabamma. "19" points against Pikeville will not get the job done in what may very well be the biggest game in your school's history. With that go out and prepare for the Panthers.

Thanks alot for that advice. Back to back "biggest games in school history". this week and next. we will be ready.
Saratoga_86 Wrote:Wow !!!!

WOW??? :moon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Superman20 Wrote:I dont believe you, and I know a few others that agree your a coach, but thats besides the point. If anybody over their "knows" a great deal about football, their coaching philosophies aren't proving it. You know all the coaches really well cause your the only man in town saying "they know a great deal about football" the record on the past few seasons proves my point.

C'mon, coaches do not waste their time getting on a social network...
Stardust Wrote:C'mon, coaches do not waste their time getting on a social network...

If i were one of the coaches from paintsville I wouldn't admit I was one either after the way they have played ball this season. lol