Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 15 Sheldon Clark 12
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Really surprised Russell won this game but now its Ivan vs haywood at the CAM feels like old times doesnt it

It doesn't suprise me that the result surprises you. If the only game I saw Russell play this year was the one against the tomcats I would have been surprised if they would have won any games at all.
Nasty Wrote:1st of all - Congrats to Russell! Sucks my Cards got shot down. But they had decent season even though they had the potential to do so much better...It was one of the best games i've seen all year. But again the Refs sucked..Alot of bad calls on both sides of the ball. SC had thier chances to hold on to the lead and even had the chance at the end. Just couldnt do it... After a dropped punt in the 1st quarter the momentum change in favor of the Red Devils and it was back and forth from then on. Also Kp goin out in the 3rd with a deep thigh bruise really hurt SC not only on O but he is a key factor on D as well..But SC aloud Russell a big 1st down late in 4th that pretty much sealed the deal, scoring a few plays after.But great game finishing drive put together by SC (Stepp,Ray,Moore,Jerrell) to the 5 yard line with 6 sec left..Go for the win or kick for OT...Tough Choice...Sorry for the Seniors, but hopefully next season will be better for the Cardinals!

Yeah I thought Skyles had dislocated a knee cap. Looked to be in alot of pain. He picked up a huge 1st down on 4th down but took a big shot on that leg on that carry.
Great season for the Cards, the best 6-6 team I've seen in a long time, maybe ever.

And Russell is no team to be taken lightly, that's for sure.
Congrats Russell
Congrats to Russell in winning two playoff games against Pike Central and Sheldon Clark.
Pullin for the cards in this one but two well coached hard nosed teams, good job and hats off to coach hager and the rest of the cards
Nasty Wrote:1st of all - Congrats to Russell! Sucks my Cards got shot down. But they had decent season even though they had the potential to do so much better...It was one of the best games i've seen all year. But again the Refs sucked..Alot of bad calls on both sides of the ball. SC had thier chances to hold on to the lead and even had the chance at the end. Just couldnt do it... After a dropped punt in the 1st quarter the momentum change in favor of the Red Devils and it was back and forth from then on. Also Kp goin out in the 3rd with a deep thigh bruise really hurt SC not only on O but he is a key factor on D as well..But SC aloud Russell a big 1st down late in 4th that pretty much sealed the deal, scoring a few plays after.But great game finishing drive put together by SC (Stepp,Ray,Moore,Jerrell) to the 5 yard line with 6 sec left..Go for the win or kick for OT...Tough Choice...Sorry for the Seniors, but hopefully next season will be better for the Cardinals!

FBALL Wrote:Yeah I thought Skyles had dislocated a knee cap. Looked to be in alot of pain. He picked up a huge 1st down on 4th down but took a big shot on that leg on that carry.

First, congratulations to Russell on a hard fought victory and good luck going forward in the playoffs.

Obviously mistakes cost Sheldon Clark the ball game, taking nothing away form Russell. They played hard; they won! In high school football anything can happen.

Overcoming the mistakes, however, wins ball games, and I thought SC was going to overcome the dropped punt that Russell recovered deep in SC territory, which gave Russell the scoring opportunity. That situation gave Russell the momentum and possibly was the game changer. But that's football.

Moreover, when KP went out early in the third quarter, after picking up a first down on a fourth down play, to say the least, Sheldon Clark's odds on winning were diminished substantially. He not only picks up the "hard yards'" but is also a stalwart on defense from his linebacker position. But unfortunately injuries occur and that's part of the game.

Good luck, again, to Russell going forward.
Somebody in Inez needs to give Mikie Moore a big hug. He killed Russell on that jet sweep a few times and the catch he made for SCs second TD looked unbelievable from where I was standing. Coverage was there and looked like he pulled it in one handed right at the back line of the endzone.
That botched punt return was karma for the absolutely horrible officiating that kept SCs first drive alive and then forced Russell to punt on their first drive on what was without a doubt the worst piece of officiating that I have ever seen.

I said it during the game, earlier in this thread and now. I wouldn't let that crew call a peewee game.
I just hate it for this group of seniors that their playoff run was cut short. This years and last was probably the best team that SC has had or will have in a while. I know that they get KP back next year but I think that a lot of others are gone. Good job boys!! For all you seniors, I promise, life goes one. You guys will have stories to tell your children ten years down the road and you will think about your days when your boys are on that field. Life just gets better from here.
congrats RUSSELL
cardsfan98 Wrote:I just hate it for this group of seniors that their playoff run was cut short. This years and last was probably the best team that SC has had or will have in a while. I know that they get KP back next year but I think that a lot of others are gone. Good job boys!! For all you seniors, I promise, life goes one. You guys will have stories to tell your children ten years down the road and you will think about your days when your boys are on that field. Life just gets better from here.

Yes, it would have been great to have seen this group make a deep run in the playoffs; I am sure they are very disappointed, but as you said,"life goes on."

I wonder how the 2011 group will do? The Cards lose quite a few to graduation. On the line, if I'm not mistaken, theylose all but Taylor Chapman and Jared Stevens.

The backfield is in somewhat better shape, for they return KP Skyles, BJ Jarrell, Tyler O'Connor, Todd Mathews, and
Chase Lafferty. I'm sure, however, that I've missed some that will contribute in 2011. But one can never tell how some of the non contributors in 2010 will step up in 2011.
Let's hope that that happens!

If I have missed some, I apologize. Maybe someone else can add to the returnees.
The Contrarian Wrote:Yes, it would have been great to have seen this group make a deep run in the playoffs; I am sure they are very disappointed, but as you said,"life goes on."

I wonder how the 2011 group will do? The Cards lose quite a few to graduation. On the line, if I'm not mistaken, theylose all but Taylor Chapman and Jared Stevens.

The backfield is in somewhat better shape, for they return KP Skyles, BJ Jarrell, Tyler O'Connor, Todd Mathews, and
Chase Lafferty. I'm sure, however, that I've missed some that will contribute in 2011. But one can never tell how some of the non contributors in 2010 will step up in 2011.
Let's hope that that happens!

If I have missed some, I apologize. Maybe someone else can add to the returnees.

dosnt matter how many backs you got and how good they are if you dont have no o line then you cant get the running backs involved..
monster_energy Wrote:dosnt matter how many backs you got and how good they are if you dont have no o line then you cant get the running backs involved..

You are absolutely correct!
The Contrarian Wrote:You are absolutely correct!

The line for 2011 is definitely a challenge; I would think an enormous amount of effort needs to be devoted to this segment of the team of 2011.
Congrats Russell
Congrats Red Devils, Back to Back big upsets.

Sounds like Coach Ivan has got his team snowballing fast.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Congrats Red Devils, Back to Back big upsets.

Sounds like Coach Ivan has got his team snowballing fast.

Great coach!! He's proven it time and time again! And he stayed with one school. Didn't jump around. Thats what has impressed me more then anything about coach M.:Clap::worthy: These days that doesn't happen to often!!

He's truly a RED:devilflam
paulcssi Wrote:The line for 2011 is definitely a challenge; I would think an enormous amount of effort needs to be devoted to this segment of the team of 2011.

Yes, the line is definitely a challenge. I'm quite sure Coach Hager is well aware of this situation and is working on a plan. We shall see in 2011.
[quote=The Contrarian]Yes, the line is definitely a challenge. I'm quite sure Coach Hager is well aware of this situation and is working on a plan. We shall see in 2011.[

Heard from a very good source, some of the sophomores and juniors are already in the weight room. They started on Monday.
Listen to the game on the radio. And Russell played very well. Except for the botched kick, and I was saying DO NOT squib kick it, kick it deep to the corner and let it roll out of bounds. You think he would learn.
The D-fence stepped up enormous. Cooper and Korzep refused to lose on offience and Googie at QB. Good Job. What was up with the fourth down thing going on.
Anyways, on to Belfry. Way to go Players.
Cardfan38 Wrote:[quote=The Contrarian]Yes, the line is definitely a challenge. I'm quite sure Coach Hager is well aware of this situation and is working on a plan. We shall see in 2011.[

Heard from a very good source, some of the sophomores and juniors are already in the weight room. They started on Monday.

I've heard exactly the same from a reliable source. I've also heard that a couple of the young men from this year's team (juniors) are actively recruiting players for next season, especially lineman candidates.

Whoa, don't get excited; they are not recruiting other schools, they are staying within the bounds of the halls of Sheldon Clark High School.
Cardfan38 Wrote:[quote=The Contrarian]Yes, the line is definitely a challenge. I'm quite sure Coach Hager is well aware of this situation and is working on a plan. We shall see in 2011.[

I also heard the same thing from a couple of SC players since the loss to Russell..