Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central 46 Belfry 7 (Class 3A State Championship)
Belfry had too many mistakes to make it close. Central is very, very good.
The reason Central doesn't have 5,000..... 6,000 fans is that they are in a big city. alot of things to do in Louisville plus what 26 high schools and Central isn't the top dog. Coach Scroggins told me in a radio interview prior to the title game that his players and coaches are hungry and that the goal of the program is to be the top program in Louisville.

I was going to ask if any Central fans could answer this question. When Scroggins was at Doss he had a record of 22 - 30. Who gets the credit for hiring him at Central ?
belfry keep ur head up to many turnovers . and u can,t do that against a team like central.also was very impressed with the freshman running back that came in for belfry. 6 carries for close to a hundred yards wow.tv announcer said wow were has he been.the combine trio of willis pruitt and johnson was definently kicking. two speedster and a power back is a good thing defences can,t key on just one all three could take it to the house.next year is going to be interesting. don,t give away that next year trophy so fast lets see how this plays out.:dontthink
joethegreek Wrote:The reason Central doesn't have 5,000..... 6,000 fans is that they are in a big city. alot of things to do in Louisville plus what 26 high schools and Central isn't the top dog. Coach Scroggins told me in a radio interview prior to the title game that his players and coaches are hungry and that the goal of the program is to be the top program in Louisville.

I was going to ask if any Central fans could answer this question. When Scroggins was at Doss he had a record of 22 - 30. Who gets the credit for hiring him at Central ?
AD Marlon Miller
RoShamBo Wrote:Ouch, sorry Pirate fans. With the expectations for this team at the beginning of the season you still have to consider this a very good year for Belfry.

Good luck to both teams next season, with the addition of Bell Co. you may be needing it.

Thanks! A very good Central team!
Belfry_99 Wrote:That was the major difference in the game. Speed! I'm proud we made it this year and proud of our fan following, what a shame Central can't get any more support than they get. Really makes you proud of our community. Expect Belfry to be even better next year, a lot of these young Pirates with a year under their belt now will be very exciting to watch.
I totally agree...Being from Belfry..We have been Central fans...lol...When they were at the Champlionships in 08' We took a crew down to Louisville and sat one their side...Probably more Red there than yellow and black..that's sad! With as much talent as they have! I love the band too! hehehe
blazin_ky Wrote:I totally agree...Being from Belfry..We have been Central fans...lol...When they were at the Champlionships in 08' We took a crew down to Louisville and sat one their side...Probably more Red there than yellow and black..that's sad! With as much talent as they have! I love the band too! hehehe
Why is that so sad we live in a metropolitan area where there are other things to do.
The whole town does not shut down because one of our 40 high schools is playing a football game. We are not sad about it were are ecstatic !
joethegreek Wrote:The reason Central doesn't have 5,000..... 6,000 fans is that they are in a big city. alot of things to do in Louisville plus what 26 high schools and Central isn't the top dog. Coach Scroggins told me in a radio interview prior to the title game that his players and coaches are hungry and that the goal of the program is to be the top program in Louisville.

At Doss he was able to keep central from going10-0 in the last game of the reg season a few years back
Central is legit. I really think their best bet is to move up one or two classes because 3A is rather weak and they're not going to get as much credit until they're doing the same things in 4A or 5A. Which they could.

Too many mistakes for Belfry. Sad to see this season end.

and you say you have less support cause there is 40 schools in Louisville, you're right but I'd say the town has about 40x the population of Belfry.
Coachdad Wrote:Why is that so sad we live in a metropolitan area where there are other things to do.
The whole town does not shut down because one of our 40 high schools is playing a football game. We are not sad about it were are ecstatic !

It is sad that your kids don't SEEM to have the fan support that they deserve! That is, of course, a consequence of being in a metropolitan area, however school spirit is school spirit. Why do you seem to put our community down for "shutting down" to follow our boys to support them? How many people live in Louisville again? How many people live in Belfry? Our alumni, teachers, student body, staff, etc etc etc will consistently follow our school ANYwhere to watch a football game. I am PROUD to be a part of this community, for better or worse!

Granted, I may have read it wrong or taken it wrong, but we are not just a bunch of hicks with nothing better to do; we are HARD WORKING all American people who love and support the children in our community, that, my friend, will never change!

Congrats on your state championship, good luck getting more recognition and fan support! Your team truly does deserve it, they are something to behold!
I play for Belfry and I swear Central is just to fast....every player they had was fast ecspecially Wales. They could probably move up to 4A or 5A and win it all to.
just wanted to say congrats to Central on another title, they was the better team,but there not a 40point better team,Belfry could move the ball,but once they got going Turnover, glad they never quit...anyway the fresh man that played for Belfry looked good, and Justin Johnson ran the ball very well when he came in, the one play he probally takes it to the house if he dont fall,hes got the speed, just needs to beef up some,i see them back in BG next yr,the only team in the east that can take them out next year is there self, so we will see how bad they want to make it back,you guys done great,be proud...
Coachdad Wrote:**** man! Were a little school in Louisville everyone was there!
Good frickin grief! We won the game layoff. And I have lived in some smaller places that have a good football team and I know first hand the town shuts down!
That was not said to be a put down! Good frickin grief!!!!!?
Sorry man , I started posting before I read your whole statement, & I don't believe it was written with Malice intended,I guess it is hard for some people to grasp the dynamics of the Louisville community. We have so many schools here. #8 for central whole family could not attend because his brother is the starting point guard for Iroquois who had a game in Lexington , and that's just one example if you don't live here I wouldn't expect you to understand, but central had enough fan support there to get the job done. It isn't about the fans anyway, when I played kid you not I was so focused I was totally oblivious to who was in the stands!
Coachdad Wrote:Sorry man , I started posting before I read your whole statement, & I don't believe it was written with Malice intended,I guess it is hard for some people to grasp the dynamics of the Louisville community. We have so many schools here. #8 for central whole family could not attend because his brother is the starting point guard for Iroquois who had a game in Lexington , and that's just one example if you don't live here I wouldn't expect you to understand, but central had enough fan support there to get the job done. It isn't about the fans anyway, when I played kid you not I was so focused I was totally oblivious to who was in the stands!

You are right, there was no malice intended at all! Actually, I just think, big city or no big city, your kids deserve as much fan support as possible! I used to live in Dallas, TX.... MANY MANY schools and the whole community still shuts down, so I DO understand! I think you guys have something special at Central, for the kids sake, I wish they got more of the recognition they deserve!
Classy move by coach Scroggins to let me interview him. I have family in Okolona. Big city high school sports is different than small town. Plus guys remember Jefferson County has open enrollment. You can live lets say in Male's school district and go to Central. Or have siblings that go to different schools. By the way next time I go to the Ville. Tumbleweed here i come. Queso and chips
Coachdad Wrote:Sorry man , I started posting before I read your whole statement, & I don't believe it was written with Malice intended,I guess it is hard for some people to grasp the dynamics of the Louisville community. We have so many schools here. #8 for central whole family could not attend because his brother is the starting point guard for Iroquois who had a game in Lexington , and that's just one example if you don't live here I wouldn't expect you to understand, but central had enough fan support there to get the job done. It isn't about the fans anyway, when I played kid you not I was so focused I was totally oblivious to who was in the stands!

Why do they go to different schools? and why is a regular season basketball game more important than a State Championship football game? Not trying be an a-hole, just asking...
i dont have the knowledge to explain it. but i do know lets say if u have a kid that lives in the St X school district. your kid might go to Fern Creek. Someone from Jefferson County would have to explain. I do know that students that go to Male have to score so high on an exam to be accepted because it is a magnet school. Lol, I dont know what exactly a magnet school is. I just know that my six yr old grandson lives in Louisville and he had to take a test to be accepted.
joethegreek Wrote:i dont have the knowledge to explain it. but i do know lets say if u have a kid that lives in the St X school district. your kid might go to Fern Creek. Someone from Jefferson County would have to explain. I do know that students that go to Male have to score so high on an exam to be accepted because it is a magnet school. Lol, I dont know what exactly a magnet school is. I just know that my six yr old grandson lives in Louisville and he had to take a test to be accepted.

I understand the open enrollment deal, I just don't understand why one brother would go to one school, and another to another. Especially since Central isn't bad at basketball.
PHS95 Wrote:You are right, there was no malice intended at all! Actually, I just think, big city or no big city, your kids deserve as much fan support as possible! I used to live in Dallas, TX.... MANY MANY schools and the whole community still shuts down, so I DO understand! I think you guys have something special at Central, for the kids sake, I wish they got more of the recognition they deserve!
I appreciate what you mean to say but our kids get plenty of recognition we have two in the NFL and quite a few d-1 players ,with more to come. You should come to a central home game against a city rival and there is only standing room. But this time of year the city is bustling and the pace of life is much different.
I was over talking to belfry fans during some of the game and the people were very friendly, as I was to them . I had a nice time.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Why do they go to different schools? and why is a regular season basketball game more important than a State Championship football game? Not trying be an a-hole, just asking...
One of my kids is a nationally ranked high school football player the other one is a musician I dont(as other good parents) don't rank or rate them by order of "importance"
My one sons music is just as important to him as football is to the other one
Because I have raised them to know they are both equally important to me and I will support them both. To answer your other question like I've said previously there are over 40 high schools in the city and there could be certain situations(too many to go into) members of the same household attend different high schools . The dynamics of how our educational system in Jefferson county could be to complex and lengthy to elaborate on. I'll do it at a later date , but now it's time to relax , eat , & watch some football.
joethegreek Wrote:Classy move by coach Scroggins to let me interview him. I have family in Okolona. Big city high school sports is different than small town. Plus guys remember Jefferson County has open enrollment. You can live lets say in Male's school district and go to Central. Or have siblings that go to different schools. By the way next time I go to the Ville. Tumbleweed here i come. Queso and chips
Joe you need to come hang out with me. I'm sure you will appreciate all the insight I can give you once you know who I am.
joethegreek Wrote:i dont have the knowledge to explain it. but i do know lets say if u have a kid that lives in the St X school district. your kid might go to Fern Creek. Someone from Jefferson County would have to explain. I do know that students that go to Male have to score so high on an exam to be accepted because it is a magnet school. Lol, I dont know what exactly a magnet school is. I just know that my six yr old grandson lives in Louisville and he had to take a test to be accepted.
Male and butler are traditional schools different from magnet, that would be manual central and a few others that have magnet programs. I will explain later as I am hungry and have to go eat.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I understand the open enrollment deal, I just don't understand why one brother would go to one school, and another to another. Especially since Central isn't bad at basketball.
Sometimes it is about what academic and or vocational are available and suitable for individual needs it's not all about sports in some households.
Congrats on yet another state title for the Yellowjackets.
6-A Louisville Male doesn't travel as well as 6-A Meade County.
4-A Louisville Western doesn't travel as well as 4-A LaRue County.
3-A Louisville Moore and Louisville Iroquois don't travel as well as 3-A Henry County.

I know Belfry is not in a one-high school county, but generally, one-school counties will have better support than urban/metro public schools. Privates like T and X and LexCath and CovCath and independents like Highlands and E'town are different. Faithful followings for those six.

I'm not from Louisville, but I get what coachdad is saying. While the population in Louisville is that much bigger, that's also that many more people to care about something OTHER than high school football.

Football in small towns is a big deal ... good luck finding a sizable group of people in Belfry if the Pirates are playing elsewhere. That doesn't happen.

But it does in Louisville, regardless of where Manual, Male, Butler, PRP, Moore, Iroquois, Doss, Shawnee, Seneca, Southern, Central are playing.

Small-populated counties are faithful to their programs and should be commended.

At the same time, what else is going on there that should have their attention more than the football team?

And I say this living in a small town. The elementary school I went to was closed down and merged with another small-town elementary school. The middle school I went to used to be a high school (that was merged with another high school to form an even bigger high school).

So I'm not some big-city corporate poster who doesn't know what small-town athletics/school/pride is all about.
I predicted 59-24 to be generous, i guess i was wrong, but the hats off to belfry on winning the championship of the east, just not enough speed for out west
cksportsfan Wrote:6-A Louisville Male doesn't travel as well as 6-A Meade County.
4-A Louisville Western doesn't travel as well as 4-A LaRue County.
3-A Louisville Moore and Louisville Iroquois don't travel as well as 3-A Henry County.

I know Belfry is not in a one-high school county, but generally, one-school counties will have better support than urban/metro public schools. Privates like T and X and LexCath and CovCath and independents like Highlands and E'town are different. Faithful followings for those six.

I'm not from Louisville, but I get what coachdad is saying. While the population in Louisville is that much bigger, that's also that many more people to care about something OTHER than high school football.

Football in small towns is a big deal ... good luck finding a sizable group of people in Belfry if the Pirates are playing elsewhere. That doesn't happen.

But it does in Louisville, regardless of where Manual, Male, Butler, PRP, Moore, Iroquois, Doss, Shawnee, Seneca, Southern, Central are playing.

Small-populated counties are faithful to their programs and should be commended.

At the same time, what else is going on there that should have their attention more than the football team?

And I say this living in a small town. The elementary school I went to was closed down and merged with another small-town elementary school. The middle school I went to used to be a high school (that was merged with another high school to form an even bigger high school).

So I'm not some big-city corporate poster who doesn't know what small-town athletics/school/pride is all about.
Your sir , are a scholar and a gentleman .
You hit it right on the dot!
UCFB Wrote:I predicted 59-24 to be generous, i guess i was wrong, but the hats off to belfry on winning the championship of the east, just not enough speed for out west
Your margin was very close , you a bookie?lol
[quote=Coachdad]One of my kids is a nationally ranked high school football player the other one is a musician I dont(as other good parents) don't rank or rate them by order of "importance"
My one sons music is just as important to him as football is to the other one
Because I have raised them to know they are both equally important to me and I will support them both. To answer your other question like I've said previously there are over 40 high schools in the city and there could be certain situations(too many to go into) members of the same household attend different high schools . The dynamics of how our educational system in Jefferson county could be to complex and lengthy to elaborate on. I'll do it at a later date , but now it's time to relax , eat , & watch some football.
QUOTE]

I'm SURE the Iroquois Point Guard would even understand the importance of the State Championship game. As basketball/football may be equally important, what's bigger --- regular season game/state championship.
Belfry0304 Wrote:. I'm SURE the Iroquois Point Guard would even understand the importance of the State Championship game. As basketball/football may be equally important, what's bigger --- regular season game/state championship.
What's more important between having a solo performance at The Kentucky Center for the Arts or a playoff game? Or your daughters quick recall championship?
It all comes down to how an individual raises their own family and the set of morals and values important to them. And no one gives the right or takes away their right to free thought and speech , I didn't get rude or cuss you out or anything like that. I didn't even mean to strike a nerve.