Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 2011
LClion4life Wrote:No, they aren't. Usually. Bracken is the only exception.
Bracken also has the same coach three years in a row(first time for that), They have consistency in the coaching and will start to see it on the field. So they will not be a push over
Betsy Layne will beat Bracken. Bracken loses 10 out of 25 players. They will definitely struggle next year. But they are young. Betsy Layne returns a 1,000 yard runner in Kory Jarrell. Not to mention a special teams master in Austin Hall which had 4 kickoff returns for TD, 8 out of 11 on defense is back. J.V. went undefeated!!!! Shall I keep going. As for Brossart they had a good freshman, j.v. team, which gave their varsity so much more experience. Betsy Layne is just now establishing a j.v. and freshman program.
tebow Wrote:Betsy Layne will beat Bracken. Bracken loses 10 out of 25 players. They will definitely struggle next year. But they are young. Betsy Layne returns a 1,000 yard runner in Kory Jarrell. Not to mention a special teams master in Austin Hall which had 4 kickoff returns for TD, 8 out of 11 on defense is back. J.V. went undefeated!!!! Shall I keep going. As for Brossart they had a good freshman, j.v. team, which gave their varsity so much more experience. Betsy Layne is just now establishing a j.v. and freshman program.
Brossart doesn't play a freshman Schedule and only a handful of jv games and NEVER won a game in the history of the program until they played Besty Lane.
Back on topic don't overlook Bracken they're not that bad and Besty Lane will not beat them by 50
I never said BL will beat Bracken by 50. I said Lewis would. But I'll drop that prediction to 30. Lewis has a great senior class next year and numbers, experience, strength, and talent as their advantages over Bracken. So for the jokester that said Bracken and Lewis is on the same level, you'll see next fall.
LClion4life Wrote:We'll be 50 points better than Bracken.

LClion4life Wrote:I never said BL will beat Bracken by 50. I said Lewis would. But I'll drop that prediction to 30. Lewis has a great senior class next year and numbers, experience, strength, and talent as their advantages over Bracken. So for the jokester that said Bracken and Lewis is on the same level, you'll see next fall.
:what:
nky Wrote::what:

By "we'll" I meant Lewis County. That is where I'm from.
LClion4life Wrote:By "we'll" I meant Lewis County. That is where I'm from.
Goodluck with that. Is Lewis even playing Bracken?
I was impressed with the job Parsons did this past season, losing Martin will be a big blow but I hope for another good season for the Bobcats in 2011.
nky Wrote:Goodluck with that. Is Lewis even playing Bracken?

Yes
The PMC Leader came out with their Football Awards this morning. It covers Parts of Eastern Kentucky and West West Virginia. So now the congratulations go out to

Casey Adkins First Team RB
Kory Jarrell First Team LB
Nathan Martin First Team Defense UTL
Special Honorable mention
Austin Hall
Dylan Hamilton

Congrats boys
good luck in 2a
Goodluck Bobcat's Glad I don't have to go to your place next year
Heard the bobcats had around 35 lifting. Thats great numbers in the weightroom this early!!
Has there been a coaching opening?
Parsons IS still head coach..
Parsons seems like a good person and wants to be at BL
He is and will always be a bobcat. He is livin the dream, why move????

I know what you heard Critic, its alright, hes a bobcat.
Has Parsons been offered another job?
False Hope Wrote:Has Parsons been offered another job?
or was he looking?
Was he looking or fishing?
heard the jarrell kid made a trip to eastern last week ,any stats on this kid from last year?
eastside207 Wrote:heard the jarrell kid made a trip to eastern last week ,any stats on this kid from last year?

Jersey Player Games
Played Rush
Attempts Net
Yards
Rushing Touchdowns
Scored
Rushing
7 Casey Adkins 11 154 1641 14
33 Korey Jarrell 10 111 1236 11
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Heard coach Parsons visited UK football coaches and came back with some UK weightlifting equipment, some good stuff. thats AWSOME!!!!:rockon:
How awesome is it to lift on the same equipment that uk lifted on. John Wall, Cousins,Lamb, Knight, and Jones thats amazing!!!!!

I seen the stuff today and its awesome!!!!!!!
Kory Jarrell and Austin Hall visited EKU last Saturday. I think Coach Hood called Parsons and wanted them down.

The Program is going in the right direction.......FORWARD!!!!
Has the adkins kid signed with any one? watched hall on sports overtime looked like he had pretty good speed , I take it he will be in the backfield. does bl have a replacement for martin?
Martin's nephew will be the qb he is a sophomore
eastside207 Wrote:Has the adkins kid signed with any one? watched hall on sports overtime looked like he had pretty good speed , I take it he will be in the backfield. does bl have a replacement for martin?

Yes Dillion Hamilton, this kid is very impressive great footwork very smart to be young I believe he will be a sophmore next year. He has 2 or 3 Floyd County Champioships under his belt and is so far undefeated it the high school ranks as a quarter back for the freshman and jv teams. This kid can play and is very easy to teach and picks up everything Red teaches him. He also comes off the bench for the basketball team as a sixth man. He does need to work on speed, Dillion will hit you as a linebacker.:Thumbs::Clap::biggrin:
Betsy Layne has had a great year 2010 with a 7-4 record in class A, but 2011 will take alot more in class AA. With that being said, I believe Bobcat have the talent to make a great run for the playoffs.
The bobcats will have a small senior class, while the other three schools in the district are senior crowded. I am pretty curious to see how they rebound from a 7-4 win season.