•  Previous
  • 22(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2014
& #2 Dotson (Jr.), #40 Hall (So.) at DE.
No Hatfield at LB?

A little surprised with Scott going both ways as well. Could see him start on the OL but a bit surprising to see him on defense as well.
Based off 0304's numbers...

OFFENSE:
Seniors-4
Juniors- 3
Sophomore-4

DEFENSE:
Seniors- 2
Juniors- 3
Sophomores- 5
Freshmen- 1

Have never seen a Belfry team that young on defense in my life...let alone a defense that young with such high expectations
0304. Your pretty much dead on. X and Joplin have both been practicing at coroner and Keaton also. Who knows Keaton may get a little break on D. Hatfield has put in some time at LB at the practices I have been too.
skully03 Wrote:0304. Your pretty much dead on. X and Joplin have both been practicing at coroner and Keaton also. Who knows Keaton may get a little break on D. Hatfield has put in some time at LB at the practices I have been too.

Belfry must really be about to kill some teams this year Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry must really be about to kill some teams this year Big Grin
Oops. Lol. I hate autocorrect on these iPhones. Lol. Yep gonna layem out.
Where's the edit option on that post. I would edit it but I don't see the edit button.
The edit button goes away after a certain amount of time. I don't believe for one second that it was auto correct!!! What about it EKUAlum05??
Granny Bear Wrote:The edit button goes away after a certain amount of time. I don't believe for one second that it was auto correct!!! What about it EKUAlum05??
I would never insinuate something like that. Lol. It even took me a second to realize what EKU was pointing out in the bold words. Lol.
Are you blaming that on the phone, too????

Confusednicker:
Dotson and Scott added into the mix with Francis, Gibbs, and Mullins makes for a HUGE offensive line. Stick Bentley on the end and dang that is a lot of size.
Who is taking reps at HB other than X and Joplin?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Who is taking reps at HB other than X and Joplin?
Catron has had a few reps. Kid is quick.
^ I was hoping Catron. He is a strong kid with good speed. Fletcher running only at FB or getting some reps at HB too?

Finally got a look at that team pic and was impressed with how Nate Sanger transformed his body. He looks the part at least.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ I was hoping Catron. He is a strong kid with good speed. Fletcher running only at FB or getting some reps at HB too?

Finally got a look at that team pic and was impressed with how Nate Sanger transformed his body. He looks the part at least.
What practices I have been too Fletcher has been mainly at full back giving Hatfield a break.
I actually saw a photo on social media of the 3 I listed captioned "starting d-line" I would imagine maybe a passing bunch sees a different line. Would love to see Keilan at DT and Ray or Cole slide down to nose against that.

I think if we see Hatfield at backer it'll be in the playoffs. Sanger looks the part and I saw him playing some there and I think he will get a chance in order to save Austin. I don't know that Austin is 100% healthy, so I think they're gonna be VERY cautious.

As far as HB, I would hypothesize that in a catastrophic event of backfield injuries Keaton may move to Hb and let Corbett handle the QB duties. That's only a guess! But, as the season goes on Noah will learn our system more so that's why I think that.
^ 0304

Catron could be a 1000 yard rusher couldn't he? With him, Fletcher (who seems to be at FB exclusively) And Varney - there is some depth.

Not to mention Keeton as you did.

Is Corbett #2 at QB or Wellman?

Do Hall and Dotson seem stronger and ready to handle a run heavy team out on their respective ends?
If those earlier thought hold true, that is 3 kids going both ways. I can live with that.

The odd man out seems to be Fletcher. He just seems to be too big and athletic to not play somewhere. Maybe he can mix in at DT when teams spread it out.
Speaking of Social Media, this thing's been floating around this morning:Thumbs:

Not sure how much tickets are gonna be, but chances are gonna be sold
Friday Night at "Meet the Pirates" for this limited edition "Set Sail" helmet.
It is 1 of 1 and will never be reproduced. A Certificate of Authenticity will
be included to the winner. So, here's your chance Pirate Fans,
to have quite a unique addition to your mantle, haha. TongueirateSho

[Image: http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333...17a272.jpg]

[Image: http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333...9a3df2.jpg]
Nice work MC. That's a money maker for sure.
I would love to have that helmet, nice.
can I buy chances from Arkansas?
cuppett777 Wrote:can I buy chances from Arkansas?

Freddie Lewis is the man to talk to...the new jailer in Pike Co.
He helped make this happen and If I was guessing, he'd love for
ya' to buy some....he's on facebook. If you can't find him, PM me.
Prices on chances are TBD though as of this morning.
I would like to reiterate my post from earlier were only guesses for the most part. Keaton, Deonte, X, Devin, Taveon Hunter and some others are all good corners... that's the one position I'm just not sure about at this point.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Your right that is a great core of young men, BUT.....when Belfry's D line is after your QB all night and he is rattled and worried and scared, that makes a BIG difference, and Our new additions will run with them step for step if not faster..Now let's talk about The Pirate Offense, with this O Line and the stable of backs and weapons we have, I'd say we can keep your offensive weapons off the field as much as we want...and LC will not match us up front so you can load the box hell, bring in a 12th man you still will not out play us up front, yes our line will be that good and they are all big and fast and are very smart and are a close bunch of kids that are very good friends..So my point to all this is you can have all the speed and talent you want at the skill position, but if you don't have the line to allow them to shine you won't come close to winning...we have that, LC does not....but thats my opinion, I hope it is a good game, I'm tired of blow outs...lol

I wont say that we will be quite as big or talented up front as Belfry, but I think you and everyone else in the Mountains and district 8 will be shocked when they see our lines this year. The kids who return have grown a lot and we have some new editions that I don't even know where they came from, but our lines have gotten big all of a sudden. The thing that stood out to me more then their size was how quick and fast they were for their size. I think this will be the best Bulldog team to take the field since 2009. Will it be good enough to beat Belfry this year..........maybe not but I think when it is all said and done you will definitely know you just played someone. IMO this 2014 team is hands down better then 2013. If you ask me Belfry had a big size advantage on us last year(and you wont have this quite as much this year) but we had a little bit of success running the ball on you, but the thing is, this may be the most balanced (run and pass) team Lawrence has had since the late 90's.
Just for you double gg. The last time that Lawrence Co has beaten the Pirates was actually a three game stretch in 2000, 01, and 02. Those scores were 46-28, 26-20 and 30-6. The rest of the games from 2002 and on has the Pirates winning and a few of them By a good clip.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I wont say that we will be quite as big or talented up front as Belfry, but I think you and everyone else in the Mountains and district 8 will be shocked when they see our lines this year. The kids who return have grown a lot and we have some new editions that I don't even know where they came from, but our lines have gotten big all of a sudden. The thing that stood out to me more then their size was how quick and fast they were for their size. I think this will be the best Bulldog team to take the field since 2009. Will it be good enough to beat Belfry this year..........maybe not but I think when it is all said and done you will definitely know you just played someone. IMO this 2014 team is hands down better then 2013. If you ask me Belfry had a big size advantage on us last year(and you wont have this quite as much this year) but we had a little bit of success running the ball on you, but the thing is, this may be the most balanced (run and pass) team Lawrence has had since the late 90's.

Won't have as much size advantage this year? Have you seen our o and d lines? Let me clue you in... someone else help me with weights... I only know heights.

#61 Dotson - 6'6
#76 Scott - 6'3
#55 Francis - 6'0
#67 Mullins 6'3
#53 Gibbs - 6'3
#44 Bentley - 6'6

You're putting way too much stock into game 1. You had some success running in that game, but game 2 you were stifled... just like the rest of 3A. And guess what? Only 4 guys are gone off that defense.

However, I'm pulling hard for Lawrence to be competitive, but I just don't like fans coming on here acting like you're owed something - respect is earned. And you've earned some in the sense of some scares throughout the years, as well as for the most part keeping quiet, but don't turn into Pike Central because you've gotten some talent. Remember, Belfry has 1a/1b with JC the best feeder system in the mountains right now, so not only do we bring a talented group back there's a pretty good crop of freshman coming up. Matter of fact, Louisa vs. BMS would be a great game... we oughta get that set up.
Got to go to the Belfry Kickoff Bash last night...some observations gathered from one of my sources who I shall not name,but let's just say I usually only relay info from the Head Coach or one of the assistants...
1) "we are really young...only 7 seniors and 6 of them will start...It is hard to line up 11 on 11 right now because of the inexperience"
2) "I believe we will be very competitive"
3) "Keaton Taylor is dangerous...We have NEVER had someone like him play QB...he may not be as fluid as Sani, but give him a little space and he is gone and he doesn't need much space"
4) "X Willis is a different player...He can be scary (really) good"
This Coach I talk to every preseason and the one thing I like about getting info from him is that he is brutally objective, as are most of the BHS coaches...The tone of the conversation was that Belfry is really young, but really talented and potentially real good again.
He believes the schedule is really good and that the youth may be exploited early , but should be tough come late in the year.
-some of my thoughts after talking with some folks and seeing some of the players
-the O line will carry this team early IMO...a chance to have one of their best lines in a long time and that is saying a lot...Straight from the roster as my source...Macky Francis Center...5'11" 323' ... Other lineman Drew Mullins 6'4" 270...TE Cole Bentley 6'5" 270', Austin Dotson 6'4" 270...Austin Gibbs 6'2" 267 and Jordan Scott 6'3" 300...
I am always skeptical about heights, but these are fairly legit IMO, except I would flip flop Gibbs and Scott around in the height dept. Horton listed 6'1" 270 and I would say 6'0" 260.
These guys are not fat either and they can really move.
A lot has been said about the schedule, especially the first three games...To be honest I could see any combination of wins and losses in those games, but if you come out relatively healthy in those games then you are set for a great season especially with 2-3 other good tests on the regular season schedule.
Good stuff bucs. I hope to have eyes at Richlands. This scrimmage is being HIGHLY anticipated.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Good stuff bucs. I hope to have eyes at Richlands. This scrimmage is being HIGHLY anticipated.

Won't get to go to Richlands...gotta make some dough, but I should be able to make the Hazard scrimmage...Should be two good tests before the PCB.
  •  Previous
  • 22(current)
  • Next