Poll: Who wins the Class A Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Williamsburg
53.16%
Mayfield
46.84%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 24(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Williamsburg 1A State Title
mayfield_9 Wrote:1976 AA: Corbin 6, Mayfield 0
1977 AA: Mayfield 14, Corbin 13
1978 AA: Mayfield 22, Somerset 6
1985 AA: Mayfield 18, Newport Catholic 8
1986 AA: Mayfield 21, Newport Catholic 20
1987 AA: Danville 24, Mayfield 23
1989 AA: Danville 7, Mayfield 3
1991 AA: Danville 17, Mayfield 14
1992 AA: Danville 34, Mayfield 7
1993 AA: Mayfield 13, Prestonsburg 12
1995 A: Mayfield 28, Beechwood 27
1998 A: Middlesboro 27, Mayfield 6
2002 A: Mayfield 14, Beechwood 7
2005 A: Newport Central Catholic 42, Mayfield 7
2009 A: Lexington Christian 55, Mayfield 19
2010 A: Mayfield 47, Hazard 6
2011 A: Hazard 24, Mayfield 6
2012 A: Mayfield 55, Fairview 8

Very impressive. I have watched the '93 game with Prestonsburg on film. Even knowing the outcome before I watched it I still thought Prestonsburg was going to win. Confusednicker:

That has to be one of the greatest championship games ever.
I don't know how many times I've heard people from here say they just can't believe we won that game.
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't know how many times I've heard people from here say they just can't believe we won that game.

Have you seen the game? I swear knowing the outcome before, and watching the game you would still think Prestonsburg would win. It was a hell of a game.
Good story topnotch. I saw a video a year or so ago where a dog caught the car. He ripped the front bumper clean off the car before someone finally intervened.
mysonis55 Wrote:Good story topnotch. I saw a video a year or so ago where a dog caught the car. He ripped the front bumper clean off the car before someone finally intervened.

Was it the one with the pit bull and police cruiser? I seen that one a while back. That was a bad ass dog. It ripped the whole front clip off the cruiser.
Yes it was. The jackets are about to run into a bad a** Cardinal.
Here's wishing safe travels to all venturing out to the games. 64, you need to drive safe and avoid anything in the road. I'd hate to hear that "You Got Swerved!"
Here is a little insight to what the trip home after a victory at state is like. As soon as the convoy of buses and cars from Bowling Green gets to the Graves County line, they are met by police cars and emergency vehicles to lead them into town. The trip though town is amazing. Horns honking, lights flashing, signs on businesses already have been changed with congrats, people leaving their meals in restaurants to come out and wave to the team. Then the team goes to the high school for a post game pep rally. It is an awesome event! Every school should get to experience something like this at least once.
I hope the weather doesn't dash some of that this year. I am very confident about our chances to win ten this year. I almost am certain. That's because the coaches have already broken out a secret weapon. They issued each player a can of Raid wasp and hornet spray. I felt even better when I read my son's can and it says it kills yellow jackets as well.
mysonis55 Wrote:I hope the weather doesn't dash some of that this year. I am very confident about our chances to win ten this year. I almost am certain. That's because the coaches have already broken out a secret weapon. They issued each player a can of Raid wasp and hornet spray. I felt even better when I read my son's can and it says it kills yellow jackets as well.

Confusednicker:
I am very surprised this thread has more post than the Belfry vs Wayne thread.
You haven't paid much attention over the past 2 years have you. We have been back and forth for 2 years now. I knew this one would be legendary when they made it here.
I have been debating leaving after work and staying tonight in Bowling Green, I just wonder how bad its really going to be. The ground has been pretty warm these past couple of days, it would take a really cold temp for a few days for it to stick wouldn't it?
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I am very surprised this thread has more post than the Belfry vs Wayne thread.
Years ago, the college that is currently Murray State was offered to Mayfield. The decision makers back then didn't want Mayfield to be a college town. The joke here is: We don't need a college football team We have the Cardinals! Probably another reason this thread has blown up, in part by the dedicated fans of the Cards.
mysonis55 Wrote:You haven't paid much attention over the past 2 years have you. We have been back and forth for 2 years now. I knew this one would be legendary when they made it here.
To use a phrase a good friend of mine says often: "I knew it!"
gobigredMHS Wrote:I have been debating leaving after work and staying tonight in Bowling Green, I just wonder how bad its really going to be. The ground has been pretty warm these past couple of days, it would take a really cold temp for a few days for it to stick wouldn't it?
I would make a decision soon. Lodging may be a problem tonight. It was last year.
mysonis55 Wrote:You haven't paid much attention over the past 2 years have you. We have been back and forth for 2 years now. I knew this one would be legendary when they made it here.

I knew this one would be a good one. Simply because of you & 64, but every game Belfry plays is always several pages. I could have seen this one having more, but to almost double it is unreal. Especially when Belfry and Wayne will probably be the best game of the whole championship weekend.
Less than 24hrs mayfield you will meet your match in 1A and it will hurt.Williamsburg player are on the road heading west,They have been waiting.Start praying mayfield fans hell is coming,have a safe trip :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I knew this one would be a good one. Simply because of you & 64, but every game Belfry plays is always several pages. I could have seen this one having more, but to almost double it is unreal. Especially when Belfry and Wayne will probably be the best game of the whole championship weekend.

It could be because there is almost 300 post between mysonis55 and 64sur.
The most any one poster has posted on the other thread is around 33 post. Mysonis55 has around 180 post on this thread alone.
KEEP COAL ALIVE KENTUCKY, WE WILL WIN,WE PLAN ON WINNING 64SUR,will be my last post until I get back I want to Thank everybody who believe :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Crossbones Wrote:The most any one poster has posted on the other thread is around 33 post. Mysonis55 has around 180 post on this thread alone.

He has yellow jackets fever BYE NOW 64SUR Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Less than 24hrs mayfield you will meet your match in 1A and it will hurt.Williamsburg player are on the road heading west,They have been waiting.Start praying mayfield fans hell is coming,have a safe trip :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Hell is coming? That's funny because of the upcoming weather. Williamsburg may have a shot after all, with Hell freezing over.
We will be there to meet you 64. I will try not to rub it in too much. No, just kidding.
Safe travels to everybody.
If 55 & 64 meet after the game, they'll be easy to spot in the crowd. The person whose team won will have a head as big as a Macy's day parade inflatable. Just sayin'.
This thread has been fun, win or lose I don't plan to end the fun, I will be right here.
I agree. Been reading threads for years before finally signing up, (glad I did, good people on here) and this has been one of the all time best reads. It is borderline legendary.
It ain't over yet. 64 still don't have that sign firmly planted.
Smash, my boss and your boss are up there stressing over the weather right now.
  •  Previous
  • 24(current)
  • Next