Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheerleading Politics: Does the name ever win the competition?
"PvilleCheerAlum" Wrote:Thank you. Everyone is upset that prestonsburg feels like they got cheated. Maybe they did. I dont know if they did personally. I just hate that people who didnt win are blaming Pikeville for their loss. The only people who even have a reason to hate pikeville for their loss is Shelby valley and that is because they were in our division.

I dont personally know why that Prestonsburg is balmming you all for their loss. I think that Prestonsburg should have won yesturday, but there is nothing that can be done now. Did everyone see the thread about this situation???
"cheer_leader" Wrote:your just jealous because you cant do full to full
pcc fell in every thing prelims,semis,and finals am i right? or did u not fall in atleats one of those i didnt get the story right
im just saying pville was better than you big time everyone knows it
and hazard was great i dont think anyone on ur squad can do a standing full!
so i mean it doesnt matter what tumbling pcc hit there stunts were so easy of course it was clean because it had no difficulties and i think its better to do the hard stuff and get a decent score then do easy stuff and get ur name up there
I completely agree!!! Any squad can hit a routine clean like Perry Central's it is elementry! There is absolutly no difficulty!
"cheercontrolled" Wrote:I completely agree!!! Any squad can hit a routine clean like Perry Central's it is elementry! There is absolutly no difficulty!

thank you
"cheer_leader" Wrote:your just jealous because you cant do full to full
pcc fell in every thing prelims,semis,and finals am i right? or did u not fall in atleats one of those i didnt get the story right
im just saying pville was better than you big time everyone knows it
and hazard was great i dont think anyone on ur squad can do a standing full!
so i mean it doesnt matter what tumbling pcc hit there stunts were so easy of course it was clean because it had no difficulties and i think its better to do the hard stuff and get a decent score then do easy stuff and get ur name up there

ohh we're juss jealous we cant do full full and hit our face... yeh im sure .. enyways we didnt fall in semi-finals... we hit it perfect ... and pikeville's big full full only hit once... and that was in semi finals so i dont wanna hear that either! and as for hazards big standin full ... well she did toe-touch full and hit her face...yeh thats greatness huh ?? and i think eny cheerleader with sense would say they would rather do sumin thats easy ta hit then something that has the ability to fall when it comes time to compete i mean c'mon... and we had lots of difficulty....and we beat pikeville.. so juss get over it i mean really:Cheerlead
"cheercutie45" Wrote:ohh we're juss jealous we cant do full full and hit our face... yeh im sure .. enyways we didnt fall in semi-finals... we hit it perfect ... and pikeville's big full full only hit once... and that was in semi finals so i dont wanna hear that either! and as for hazards big standin full ... well she did toe-touch full and hit her face...yeh thats greatness huh ?? and i think eny cheerleader with sense would say they would rather do sumin thats easy ta hit then something that has the ability to fall when it comes time to compete i mean c'mon... and we had lots of difficulty....and we beat pikeville.. so juss get over it i mean really:Cheerlead
how old are you? and what can you do nothing great i assume obviously you have something against hazard and pikeville yeah it is greatness to not be a baby and scared to throw something awesome then sit back and throw something everyone else in the world to do dont critcize something that you have no experience to and just worry about yourself good for you that you beat them congrats big deal its over now and really really any cheerleader with sense would say lets not be a elem. squad and do some high school stuff!
good job on the shoulder sits though that was really impressive
"cheercutie45" Wrote:ohh we're juss jealous we cant do full full and hit our face... yeh im sure .. enyways we didnt fall in semi-finals... we hit it perfect ... and pikeville's big full full only hit once... and that was in semi finals so i dont wanna hear that either! and as for hazards big standin full ... well she did toe-touch full and hit her face...yeh thats greatness huh ?? and i think eny cheerleader with sense would say they would rather do sumin thats easy ta hit then something that has the ability to fall when it comes time to compete i mean c'mon... and we had lots of difficulty....and we beat pikeville.. so juss get over it i mean really:Cheerlead
I think you need to get over yourself! You all really aren't everything that you think you are.
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT NATIONALS....GET IT BACK ON TRACK OR I WILL CLOSE AND START CLEANING HOUSE ON THE ONES WHO SEEM TO THROW EVERY THREAD OFF TRACK!!!!! :rules: :fight:
"cheercutie45" Wrote:Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by KyCheerleading

I agree with u 100%. For example, did u see KAPOS State At Large last year in the medium category?? Hazard hit a PERFECT routine they had 4 groups, & lots of difficulty, Pikeville dropped with 3 groups, and then PLD's jv was nothing compared to Pikeville or Hazard!! Then it went 1st - PLD 2nd - Pikeville 3rd - HAzard. it was their names that got them that far. That is probably the worst judging i have ever seen. I was in total shock! And this year at UCA NAtionals in the small category! Pikeville not beating PCC?? Pikeville is awesome and by far better than PCC. I mean PCC did shoulder sits as their cheer mount!! Ur name def. gets u farther!! U must build ur name up b4 u get credit for ur greatness

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
now if enyone needs to be talkin bout winnin because of their names it def. shouldnt be hazard tlkin bout us .. i mean its bad enouf that they have ta try to cheat us in basketball but cheerleadin too i mean c'mon .... its okay that u dropped a prep in the back of the routine .. and didnt make it to finals im so srry bout that ... and pcc deserves evry thang they have one.. and as i recall at nationals a gurl from pikeville had a lil bit of blue mat in her teeth after her big attempt to full full huh ?? evry tumblin pass pcc did they hit it WITHOUT A PROBLEM... and they were without a doubt the cleanest and stiffest team there!!!! and the greatness has ben runnin in our name since the school opened!:omg: :worthy:

Okk, u need to get ur stuff striaght. If i remember correctly, pcc dropped 2 out of 3 stunt groups in prelims because their transition was too hard to hit, so they come back to semi's with a whole new free stand. May I recall, a simply jump in lib turn to a skater? Difficulty my butt!! & If u knew anything about cheerleading, Hazard didn't drop a prep, they droped a single base full because the hold was not correct. I don't see any single base in PCC's routine? They had 5 groups with single base, i dont think ur 3 lil jump in libs will beat that. O, and hazard cheats in basketball, if they cheat in basketball then y does PCC always win?? Yeahh they cheat so the other team can win. Go up against Hazard in KAPOS, Hazard has more difficulty and execution, and u r dissing someone who fell on their full full?? I would like to see ur lil Amber Donaldson & Andi Deaton attempt a full full, I'm sure they would get alot more than a PIECE of blue mat in their teeth! lmao
This is to cheercutie45- What exactly is your tumbling capablity? I was just curious since you can disrespect girls who throw things like full/full and standing full. And even though they may not have hit them in some competitions, do you have any concept of the difficulty and discipline it takes to even acquire these types of skills? I can answer that for you. The answer is no, you have no concept or you wouldn't even venture to say those types of things.
There is no point in squabbling over KAPOS district and region. It's over, and if a squad didn't make it, for whatever reason, look at yourselves. It's always easy to blame the judges or someone else. But it had to be something within your squad. What you need to do(and I'm not talking to anyone in particular) is improve yourself and then next time, take the judges or whoever out of it. Be so perfect that no one can take it away. Tumbling is not the only thing that will win it for you, as well as stunts aren't either. Look at the squads who have been successful, not only from around here, coaches, go watch some good squads, do your homework, go see Greenup, Paul Lawrence Dunbar and even some squads in Louisville that compete NCA. I think alot of the problem here is we are so secluded as to what's going on in cheerleading we think we're doing great, until we see the squads at state or even Nationals. The point is don't cry over spilt milk, use it to make yourself better.
This is the last time I am telling all of you...get it on track or I will start suspending some of you and close this thread!

If you want to talk about nationals and who did better...start a new thread!
-ALL the squads did an awesome job. But there were only TWO squads who didn't drop a stunt. As you already mentioned, Prestonsburg was one. But everyone is forgetting the other. PIKE CENTRAL!
:Shaking:
-The reputation of a squad does have an affect on the judging. Not every judge is fair. Pikeville is and awesome team, but so are the others. Yeah, the 15th region isn't always judged fair. Sad
:Angry07:
-But if you work your butt off then you might just be able to persuade an unfair judge that, 'Hey! This squad deserves to win!' But sadly it doesn't always work. All you can do about it is to get out there and give it your all. Good Luck! :bounce:
&quot;!_PCHS_CHEER_!&quot; Wrote:-ALL the squads did an awesome job. But there were only TWO squads who didn't drop a stunt. As you already mentioned, Prestonsburg was one. But everyone is forgetting the other. PIKE CENTRAL!
:Shaking:
-The reputation of a squad does have an affect on the judging. Not every judge is fair. Pikeville is and awesome team, but so are the others. Yeah, the 15th region isn't always judged fair. Sad
:Angry07:
-But if you work your butt off then you might just be able to persuade an unfair judge that, 'Hey! This squad deserves to win!' But sadly it doesn't always work. All you can do about it is to get out there and give it your all. Good Luck! :bounce:
I will agree with u on this one-- 2 bad sometimes it doenst matter how good u are! Hint hint Wink :beg:
&quot;cat4life_#60&quot; Wrote:No they aren't scared of them being beat in a fair judgement but since they've never lost and alot of the judges are from pikeville umm..that seems a little stragne to me almost enough to think maybe they cheat people out of it every year which they probably do.
:nope:
Hold on there. before you say ANYTHING about the judges THEY ARE NOT FROM PIKEVILLE they are from every where so get your facts right. and NO we dont cheat were just the BEST so get over it.:king: Confusedhithappe
I think Pike Central did a great job. I have always thought they had alot of talent. The main problem is fundamentals, I think they need to bring somebody in that actually knows how to teach all girl stunts and maybe a professional choreographer. You may think it's really expensive but not any more expensive than camp which accomplishes absolutely nothing. The problem I have seen with PCHS is the actual material, transitions, music, dance, etc. You guys have alot of talent but you have to start earlier with fundamentals and maybe some people who know what they are doing.
&quot;luvcheer&quot; Wrote:I think Pike Central did a great job. I have always thought they had alot of talent. The main problem is fundamentals, I think they need to bring somebody in that actually knows how to teach all girl stunts and maybe a professional choreographer. You may think it's really expensive but not any more expensive than camp which accomplishes absolutely nothing. The problem I have seen with PCHS is the actual material, transitions, music, dance, etc. You guys have alot of talent but you have to start earlier with fundamentals and maybe some people who know what they are doing.

We do know what we are doing, KY Elite does our music every year, and as far as gymnastics everybody in the region saw who's was the best Pike Central and both Pikeville squads, do to the great coaching of Matt Roberts!!! And we would never have to get a UCA instructor to teach our crap!!!!!!!!!!!:wtf1:
i agree pc cheer chick
&quot;cheer_leader&quot; Wrote:i agree pc cheer chick

Thank you! :Cheerlead
We may have a uca coreographer, but he has came to help pikevile for like ever and even before he worked for UCA..... his stuff is not crap.. i mean really how many national titles have u won without the work from a uca coreographer.. and oh yeah pc cheer chich one of the coaches who works for UCA now is one who does YOUR music.. and another thing pc cheer chick one of the girls who cheers for PCC came from an allstar squad who is one of the UCA coreographers.... and guess what HE HLPS US!!!!!!!! :Angry07: Confusedhithappe
As usual, this thread has gotten completely off topic.

Another one bites the dust thanks to members who can't follow the rules!